Red Dead Redemption II - (Rate it)

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
My guiding principle in gaming is if I'm investing time in it, I want to have a gauntlet driven down into the ground before me, and be challenged in some way – memorisation, puzzle-solving, nuanced or tactical melee, strenuous XP/item recovery, whatever…just something that gets the brain firing on at least a single cylinder. I can't hang with button-mashing or L-is-for-lolly play anymore.

To me it varies on the type of game. Some games I only care about the story and they are heavily focused on deep stories so I don't care to much about the game play or hand holding. I actually prefer it because I want to rush through the story to see what happens. In other games like Tomb Raider I hate being given hints on puzzles or what wall to grapple onto next. Let me find that shit myself.

To me it varies on the type of game. Some games I only care about the story and they are heavily focused on deep stories so I don't care to much about the game play or hand holding. I actually prefer it because I want to rush through the story to see what happens. In other games like Tomb Raider I hate being given hints on puzzles or what wall to grapple onto next. Let me find that shit myself.
That's why I wish RDR2 had more treasure maps. I found all of them with no hints but they usually take a knowledge of the map with zero hand holding.

Might sound gay but I enjoy geocacheing and wish there would be a game based on that.

Well said.

i'm enjoying it, so far. i'm switching between this and spiderman. RDR2 is very pretty, but the controls sometimes confuse me and the pacing is sllllooooowwwww (i get why but still). this is an afternoon player for me, i doubt i'll beat this game, probably just search the countryside and find stuff. But should a zombie dlc come out like for the first one, most of my fun will be destroying zombies and people alike with western guns. well worth the price of purchase.
Yeah, I'll freely admit I was sour grapes when I'd first picked it up, as I'd preordered a special edition and let my expectations run unbridled before even popping it in and firing it up.

It was touch-and-go for the first week with the downticked input responses and having in 2018 to claw-hand my controller for certain actions and tasks got under my skin...but I didn't want just to shelve it and move on so I fought to keep on and hoping to like it – as unintuitive as that sounds. Well, it worked, lol. I'm kind of hooked now and even have spots in the world I like to ride through for no reason other than to take it in. Damn beautiful. I have a free-play side piece as you do (Ghost Recon) to shake the heavy main-story guardrails but am committed now to seeing the journey through.

Haven't picked up Spidey yet. How are the controls in comparison? Close-quarters combat looks fluid from what I've seen.

That's why I wish RDR2 had more treasure maps. I found all of them with no hints but they usually take a knowledge of the map with zero hand holding.

Might sound gay but I enjoy geocacheing and wish there would be a game based on that.

Sea of Thieves??

Sea of Thieves??
Is it really like that? I hadn't heard much about it

And can it be solo'd?

EDIT: nvm, read about it. That looks fun. Have you tried the game?

Last edited:
Is it really like that? I hadn't heard much about it

And can it be solo'd?

EDIT: nvm, read about it. That looks fun. Have you tried the game?

I play it often. If you ever wanna go dig up treasure HMU.

Haven't picked up Spidey yet. How are the controls in comparison? Close-quarters combat looks fluid from what I've seen.
Spidey is great, solid 8 title.the combat works well and the web swinging is spectacular. The games pacing is off though and I wish what you do in stealth mattered more but otherwise a great game. I wanna finish it before I go more into rdr2, I hate leaving a game halfway then I forget what I was doing.

I'm maybe 10 hours in. My work schedule is only allowing me to play in dribs and drabs.

Combat is not particularly smooth and you die a lot. I've been ambushed many times and if you are at more than a 4-5:1 disadvantage, you are going to struggle especially if cover is not readily available. Aside from that, the story is solid and the atmosphere is pretty great.

9/10 thus far. That might change.

Nice. Are there a limited number of treasures or are they generated randomly?

Nah unlimited. Its a mission type for the merchants at port. You can solve riddles or go treasure hunting. Surprised you hadn't heard of it. It's free on game pass.

Nah unlimited. Its a mission type for the merchants at port. You can solve riddles or go treasure hunting. Surprised you hadn't heard of it. It's free on game pass.
I heard of it but it looked kinda lame and reviews weren't so good so I didn't bother reading up on it.

Spidey is great, solid 8 title.the combat works well and the web swinging is spectacular. The games pacing is off though and I wish what you do in stealth mattered more but otherwise a great game. I wanna finish it before I go more into rdr2, I hate leaving a game halfway then I forget what I was doing.
Spidey has an epic final fight, youll love it.

After having a few suits, gadgets, and leveling up...man, i just never got excited about any upgrades. Theyre all the same quality level.

When i think of upgrades in diablo games, getting guns in doom or borderlands, fuck, getting the wand w the book in legend of zelda, the game gets amazing then! Or anyone remember half life 2? When you get the telekinetic device----then when u get to grab people????

Yeah. I got none of those feels on spidey upgrades...or in god of war upgrades.

Perhaps red 2 is different?

I won’t be playing this game, as I usually only play cod every year, all year. This would be my third choice just behind fallout. But i had to admit that a video I watched yesterday made me laugh and intrigued me. The guy hit a feminist, dragged her behind a horse, and fed her to an alligator

I rate it gay.

Spidey has an epic final fight, youll love it.

After having a few suits, gadgets, and leveling up...man, i just never got excited about any upgrades. Theyre all the same quality level.

When i think of upgrades in diablo games, getting guns in doom or borderlands, fuck, getting the wand w the book in legend of zelda, the game gets amazing then! Or anyone remember half life 2? When you get the telekinetic device----then when u get to grab people????

Yeah. I got none of those feels on spidey upgrades...or in god of war upgrades.

Perhaps red 2 is different?
Upgrades in red 2 aren't really like that. You mostly upgrade ammo and your bag. Perks come in the form of trinkets and they just give boosts. No skill trees or anything.

For those struggling with the controls, this video might help

i downgraded this to a 6 and edited my first post.

i'm starting to think this is the most polish ever seen on a turd.

Back