Red Dead Redemption II - (Rate it)

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
Not saying there are people who don't like it, but I'm sure a lot of those people are jaded PC fanboys. I never trust metacritic user scores.

but the flipside are critics who have no integrity and shill out high reviews.

i honestly think the userscore is a better indication than the critics.

Wut? It's a subjective qualification, it's up there with last of us and rocket league imo.

What would be your argument for why it isn't the best yet? Probably the most money spent, 2000 staff, arguably the greatest developer of all time producing their magnum opus.

...you answered your own question.

for starters, i don't even think it's as good as rdr1, but to call it the best game ever is just silly. and yes, it's subjective...

but the flipside are critics who have no integrity and shill out high reviews.

i honestly think the userscore is a better indication than the critics.

Soon as I saw that there are literally people who admit in their userscore that they're giving a game a 0 to even out the 10s and vice versa, I pretty much decided the user score section is cancer.

I'm voting 7 at time of writing as a middle ground for both its highs and lows.

Very pretty, but holds the hand too heavy throughout and I feel that we (Arthur) aren't given any authority as problem- or puzzle-solvers; we're as a result robbed of any agency of discovery, in a word, that games of the Soulsborne universe, for example, award us threefold from go. Feels even a game for kids at times – press triangle to lean against the bar. Ugh, really? Can I have my nappy changed too...

User Rockstar Chris said it well with the game feeling like an hours-long tutorial if he meant the very sentiment. I find myself jumping between this and Clancy's Ghost Recon to balance the play out.

Just my thoughts.

Soon as I saw that there are literally people who admit in their userscore that they're giving a game a 0 to even out the 10s and vice versa, I pretty much decided the user score section is cancer.

still more accurate than the critics claiming that almost every game is an 8 or better.

still more accurate than the critics claiming that almost every game is an 8 or better.

You're just looking at the wrong critics. ACG for one is excellent and extremely in depth and isn't a shill.

Wut? It's a subjective qualification, it's up there with last of us and rocket league imo.

What would be your argument for why it isn't the best yet? Probably the most money spent, 2000 staff, arguably the greatest developer of all time producing their magnum opus.

Not everyone has to agree. I mean I personally agree with you, but then again I thought God Of War was the most overrated game this year. And that has a 9.something user score and 9.something reviewer score, both of which mean nothing to me. I thought it was a 7 at best. There are people who call it the best game of all time and I think they're nuts. I could call RDR2 the best game of all time and people would think I'm nuts. Thing is, IDGAF.

Different strokes and all.

Last edited:
...you answered your own question.

for starters, i don't even think it's as good as rdr1, but to call it the best game ever is just silly. and yes, it's subjective...

Not everyone has to agree. I mean I personally agree with you, but then again I thought God Of War was the most overrated game this year. And that has a 9.something user score and 9.something reviewer score, both of which mean nothing to me. I thought it was a 7 at best. There are people who call it the best game of all time and I think they're nuts. I could call RDR2 the best game of all time and people would think I'm nuts. Thing is, IDGAF.

Different strokes and all.

To stand on a hill and proclaim you speak for all people would be fucking stupid. We're Putting forth our opinions and challenging others conclusions.

Disagree with me all you like, but disagree with the substance, not that there is an opinion at all.

Ahh whatever. Great day at work etc .

because other games are simply more fun to play?

because other games are simply more fun to play?

Ok, I'll counter your genius argument with: no they aren't?

Even the poker is a fine game within this game.

How about you try something a little more objective?

Ok, I'll counter your genius argument with: no they aren't?

Even the poker is a fine game within this game.

How about you try something a little more objective?

why objective? I couldn't care less about how many people worked on a game and how much it cost.

only thing that matter to me is how much I enjoy the game, and while I am enjoying rdr2, its not even top 100 for me gameplay wise

why objective? I couldn't care less about how many people worked on a game and how much it cost.

only thing that matter to me is how much I enjoy the game, and while I am enjoying rdr2, its not even top 100 for me gameplay wise

Because people like yourself are arguing with my statement that it's the best game. Which means you must want more than just a statement of subjective appeal, because that would be entirely pointless. Why would you waste your breath on such?

So I assumed you'd want to qualify and have a discussion, on this discussion forum that we post on.

So I gave you a damn chance to elaborate your lack of point!

Have you played the 3 men in a boat mission, fishing with Dutch? That's hilarious!

The drinking with lenny mission is arguably the best drunk simulation of any game!

Rather than just shit on stuff how about you conjour up a point!

Because people like yourself are arguing with my statement that it's the best game. Which means you must want more than just a statement of subjective appeal, because that would be entirely pointless. Why would you waste your breath on such?

So I assumed you'd want to qualify and have a discussion, on this discussion forum that we post on.

So I gave you a damn chance to elaborate your lack of point!

Have you played the 3 men in a boat mission, fishing with Dutch? That's hilarious!

The drinking with lenny mission is arguably the best drunk simulation of any game!

Rather than just shit on stuff how about you conjour up a point!

dude you said its the best game ever because it had the most people working on it and cost the most...

thats what I quoted and dont agree with. you didnt say anything about how the game plays etc.

dude you said its the best game ever because it had the most people working on it and cost the most...

thats what I quoted and dont agree with. you didnt say anything about how the game plays etc.

No problem.

That was just the opener to my argument. Numbers have a quality all of their own. They're less subjective also.

the game has so many fundamental problems (ie: controls, action rigidity, bounty mess, 20 hours of tutorials) that i find calling it the baroni of video games to be woefully absurd. things don't have to be subjective.

it's good. and it's done some things quite well. but there is clearly considerable room for improvement.

i'm enjoying it, so far. i'm switching between this and spiderman. RDR2 is very pretty, but the controls sometimes confuse me and the pacing is sllllooooowwwww (i get why but still). this is an afternoon player for me, i doubt i'll beat this game, probably just search the countryside and find stuff. But should a zombie dlc come out like for the first one, most of my fun will be destroying zombies and people alike with western guns. well worth the price of purchase.

I'm voting 7 at time of writing as a middle ground for both its highs and lows.

Very pretty, but holds the hand too heavy throughout and I feel that we (Arthur) aren't given any authority as problem- or puzzle-solvers; we're as a result robbed of any agency of discovery, in a word, that games of the Soulsborne universe, for example, award us threefold from go. Feels even a game for kids at times – press triangle to lean against the bar. Ugh, really? Can I have my nappy changed too...

User Rockstar Chris said it well with the game feeling like an hours-long tutorial if he meant the very sentiment. I find myself jumping between this and Clancy's Ghost Recon to balance the play out.

Just my thoughts.

A lot of newer games these days are including stuff to turn that sort of stuff off. I just started playing RE7 last week and I don't know if I did it or the game sets it by default by I had the HUD turned off. So there were no popups showing me that I could interact with an item. I missed a bunch of stuff and had a harder time with the game because of that. When I finally turned the HUD on because it was becoming to much of a burden it was sort of irritating. I saw popups everywhere for things I could interact with, much easier to play the game but it killed the immersion a bit.

I did the same with the new Tomb Raider and it was fantastic. No clues for any of the puzzels either you solve that shit or you stay stuck. The only thing is for some reason they kept in the reminder that would tell you to jump and throw your axe to climb. Either way it's great when companies give the players options like this and I'll probably be turning off the HUD again on RE7.

A lot of newer games these days are including stuff to turn that sort of stuff off. I just started playing RE7 last week and I don't know if I did it or the game sets it by default by I had the HUD turned off. So there were no popups showing me that I could interact with an item. I missed a bunch of stuff and had a harder time with the game because of that. When I finally turned the HUD on because it was becoming to much of a burden it was sort of irritating. I saw popups everywhere for things I could interact with, much easier to play the game but it killed the immersion a bit.

I did the same with the new Tomb Raider and it was fantastic. No clues for any of the puzzels either you solve that shit or you stay stuck. The only thing is for some reason they kept in the reminder that would tell you to jump and throw your axe to climb. Either way it's great when companies give the players options like this and I'll probably be turning off the HUD again on RE7.
Appreciate the reply. Right on. I'm feeling RD2 the more I play it but it babying me still has me roll my eyes every now and again. The paint by numbers here is too by-design, I imagine, to be able ever to toggle off. The immediate take-two the instant a mission doesn't go to plan, as an example, makes my personal journey as Arthur feel disingenuous.

To manage this, I've purposely avoided setting waypoints (re map) and I've noticed it much more vividly transports me into that world as I'm now looking about and assessing lays of land, treelines, rising smoke... not holding onto mama's skirt and following the HUD's red-brick road. Grievances aside, I'm too deep in now not to finish. (Phrasing)

I remember while having a blast, that Witcher 3 was a bit heavy-handed as well with Witcher Sense largely handing everything over to me on a silver platter and robbing me of having to use my brain. My guiding principle in gaming is if I'm investing time in it, I want to have a gauntlet driven down into the ground before me, and be challenged in some way – memorisation, puzzle-solving, nuanced or tactical melee, strenuous XP/item recovery, whatever…just something that gets the brain firing on at least a single cylinder. I can't hang with button-mashing or L-is-for-lolly play anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back