Red Dead Redemption coming for PC?

Still never played this game because there was never a PC release.

It would be nice to see what the fuss is about, but I don't get too excited over ported games...especially when rockstar are involved.

*Red dead revolver was probs my Favourite game for original xbox

I had a lot of fun with that game until
Mexico.
I quit shortly after.

It was better than the third town. I don't play on the PC, but it should've been on the PC a long time ago.

Is it going to be worth it? I imagine the vast majority of people who want to play RDR have already done so. It's $20 brand new in Canada right now. How big is the market for people who desperately want to play RDR but haven't already done so?

Confirmed as being a mistake by someone over on Neogaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111712717&postcount=239

I emailed the Windows Compatibility Centre via the Partner Submission portal yesterday. I asked if Red Dead Redemption was an actual program officially submitted by Rockstar Games or Microsoft. I also asked if its possible to submit an app under a company you have no affiliation with like the Super Mario Bros. X game. I asked them to verify Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar before emailing me back.

This is the response I received this morning:

"My apologies for the mistake.
I have removed this game from the catalog and should possibly get removed from Windows Compatibility Center by 5/13 or latest by 5/14."

That's it. The representative didn't say if it was official or not. Just that's its listing was a mistake.

Sigh... :icon_sad:

Is it going to be worth it? I imagine the vast majority of people who want to play RDR have already done so. It's $20 brand new in Canada right now. How big is the market for people who desperately want to play RDR but haven't already done so?

Worth it? I dunno. I guess the strategists would have to figure that out.

BUT! I will say that those types of games take up a large chunk of my Steam library. Games that I played and enjoyed before but maybe I no longer have the system, or usually, dont have the disc any more. Lost it, scratched it, loaned to an asshole friend.....

Granted I got them mostly on the cheap but with the last gen dying out, and it may be a good time to start porting some games to PC.

Of course I say this having no idea whatsoever the cost involved in doing so.

GTAIV was highly moddable so you'd hope RDR would be too. Plus 1080p 60fps.

Back