Red Dead Redemption 2 Online, v1. There be Gold Bars in them hills Edition

No. Hell no. 53. You can buy it now on xbox. Apparently it was a ps exclusive for a while?
Oh the Alligator saddle! Yeah, they nerfed the hell out of it because they made it available to everyone for free on PS4 at level 1. It's a damn shame too because like the red Arabian it looks great and deserves better stats. You can't unlock another animal saddle until level 82 and then the stats are like 4 times the alligator's.

I'm really digging the brindle thoroughbred. Super unique. Just got the nakota though so it's hard to pull the trigger. Might just wait for a fox trotter
It took a lot of will power not to get either of the foxtrotters, the mustang and Nokota are a pretty excellent pair though so I'm content.

Stranger Missions aren't too bad if you wait until the last 30 seconds to finish them, let me know if you want to posse up sometime. I'm at 68 now and I'm shooting for 71 for the studded explorer belts.
Definitely. I feel like I'm just wondering around aimlessly and just not sure what to do. What's your gamertag? I'll add you.

Definitely. I feel like I'm just wondering around aimlessly and just not sure what to do. What's your gamertag? I'll add you.
I've been mostly aimlessly wondering around lately myself, sort of passively grinding to $700 for flaming arrows. Finally got them yesterday so leveling up my Never Without One card is my next goal. I look forward to testing it out on the first poor griefer who fucks with me.

My PSN name is slick3663.

Last edited:
I just varmint rifle them since it ensures a perfect pelt at the least. I have considered small arrows but they don't seem worth it to craft and manage for reduced range, accuracy, and one extra star for animals that don't bring in much money and are hard to hit already.
Can you use the varmint rifle to get perfect snake skins?

I didnt see this was an online thread btw.

I've been mostly aimlessly wondering around lately myself, sort of passively grinding to $700 for flaming arrows. Finally got them yesterday so leveling up my Never Without One card is my next goal. I look forward to testing it out on the first poor griefer who fucks with me.

My PSN name is slick3663.
Nice, just got my bow and arrow last night lol I’ll add you when I get home from work tonight.

Can you use the varmint rifle to get perfect snake skins?

I didnt see this was an online thread btw.
Online you'll need small game arrows for perfect snake skins. It's not really worth it though, snakes aren't super common and the skins aren't worth a ton plus you need to get a headshot with the arrow.

Single player I'm pretty sure varmint rifle will work for snakes with a headshot.

Got my brindle. She beautiful. Never seen one before
I thought about getting one but couldn't justify 3 different horses that would cost $20 worth of gold bars. I wanted an English horse but I'll probably go with a shire eventually since I have speed covered. Biggest problem is $500 for another stable slot, though I probably could sell my red Arabian at this point.

It's a really pretty horse though for sure, like living stone.

Well I fought in a big tournament that was on Twitch today. Beat the biggest guy in the tournament in the first round, a level 158 in the second round, got a forfeit win in the third, and then barely lost in the finals. It was intense. I'm really happy to finish top two but heartbroken to fall short after coming so close to winning it all.

I’m fairly new to online.. how do people rank up so quick? Doing the buckle challenges? I can only replay he story missions so much. Also, I’ve completed the story up to 75%, do you have to be a certain rank to keep going? It says there’s no available work right now and hasn’t prompted me to continue the story.

I’m fairly new to online.. how do people rank up so quick? Doing the buckle challenges? I can only replay he story missions so much. Also, I’ve completed the story up to 75%, do you have to be a certain rank to keep going? It says there’s no available work right now and hasn’t prompted me to continue the story.
Either drop or raise your honor to unlock the additional story mission. It's all just a grind man theres really no easy way

Either drop or raise your honor to unlock the additional story mission. It's all just a grind man theres really no easy way

Cool. So I had topped out honor...I need to let it dip do dishonorable to get the additional missions? Also, I’m not crazy..replaying the missions gives less payout than the first time right?

Cool. So I had topped out honor...I need to let it dip do dishonorable to get the additional missions? Also, I’m not crazy..replaying the missions gives less payout than the first time right?
Lower your honor yes. As far as replaying, there are many factors. Lives used, time taken, a bunch of little silly shit. On average I get between $12-18 and 250-400 xp per replay.

You can actually play the dishonorable missions with max honor by selecting Call In Missions or whatever it is in the Quick Join menu, it will throw you in to a random mission. They come up pretty often too. And yeah, replaying missions gives less of a reward, though you can increase the reward by waiting the clock out to the last 30 seconds. I'm not so sure if that actually earns you more in the long run though with all that waiting around.

Fastest way to rank up is placing high in Showdowns, by far. But people also like to farm certain places by killing NPC's for XP. Usually on buildings with a ladder. I'm level 69 now and I've barely leveled up at all since I stopped playing Showdowns where I'd level up every day, sometimes more than once.

Fastest way to rank up is placing high in Showdowns, by far. But people also like to farm certain places by killing NPC's for XP. Usually on buildings with a ladder. I'm level 69 now and I've barely leveled up at all since I stopped playing Showdowns where I'd level up every day, sometimes more than once.
That's my problem. I never play showdowns. Only level 58. Fucking went and wasted the $300 or whatever it costs for the Grizzlies outfit. Well, I bought it for the vest in the Grizzlies outfit lol

That's my problem. I never play showdowns. Only level 58. Fucking went and wasted the $300 or whatever it costs for the Grizzlies outfit. Well, I bought it for the vest in the Grizzlies outfit lol
I really like the Grizzlies outfit, only problem to me was that it was basically the uniform of the griefers and noobs. I used the hat and boots at least, but there's a lot of good pieces on it.

I played some Showdown last night for the first time in weeks and it was rough, I'm having to go against a lot of other Slow & Steady users now and they have strategies for it since it's become the new meta. I still got some wins but it's a serious challenge now. 58 isn't a bad level at all, there's still a lot to unlock but still high level. I only have a few things to look forward to at this point and they're few and far between, I mean I just made it to 71 for a belt and have to wait 5 more levels for the next useful unlock.

I bought everything I wanted clothes and belt wise with the welfare gold they gave us. But that fucking vest man. Had to have it. My character is a suave sharply dressed fellow in black and red. NEEDED that red leather vest lol

I bought everything I wanted clothes and belt wise with the welfare gold they gave us. But that fucking vest man. Had to have it. My character is a suave sharply dressed fellow in black and red. NEEDED that red leather vest lol
Yeah that vest is ridiculously cool looking, if I rocked a traditional cowboy I would have built an outfit around it. That's one thing I wish they would fix, supposedly bigger saddle bags are supposed to give you 5 outfit slots instead of 3. I need more, dang it!

Back