Red Dead Redemption 2 Online, v1. There be Gold Bars in them hills Edition

Ok, how the fuck do you hunt small critters? For me, its just a matter of running around and seeing one scurry out. Then, its either varmint rifle or small game arrows. Using dead eye? On a tiny creature?
I never intentionally set out for small game. There is so much of them around they are more of an added little bonus

Ok, how the fuck do you hunt small critters? For me, its just a matter of running around and seeing one scurry out. Then, its either varmint rifle or small game arrows. Using dead eye? On a tiny creature?
Run it over with the horse

After weeks of being stuck at 94 animals killed out of 100, I finally managed to get the buckle after brainstorming what I was missing. Chipmunks and snapping turtles slipped under my radar, the crab I had to go out of my way for, and I finished it by hunting for a panther at night with a poison arrow which was really neat. I got it to spawn surprisingly quickly south of Rhodes. I was so lucky to see a moose already at Owanjilla, I haven't even seen one in story mode yet. I felt bad killing it at the time but I'm sure glad I did in hindsight lol.
Is there a list of animals you've killed that you can see? Or did you kind of keep track of everything that you killed?

Is there a list of animals you've killed that you can see? Or did you kind of keep track of everything that you killed?
Just have to keep a checklist in your head as best you can. I figured I would hit a wall at 98 and be stuck forever on it. It was easy to get up past 90 without even trying, from there it was thinking about the small game I didn't bother with, the big game that's elusive like a moose or a panther, and the island stuff like the iguana and crab. It would be much easier with an actual list.

Last edited:
I just varmint rifle them since it ensures a perfect pelt at the least. I have considered small arrows but they don't seem worth it to craft and manage for reduced range, accuracy, and one extra star for animals that don't bring in much money and are hard to hit already.

Was playing last night and almost hit level 15. I accidently spend all my money on two horse stalls in the stable lol. I was tapping A button while hovering over the slots not thinking I could actually purchase them yet. Now I have three stalls lol.
Lmao I did that once and was so mad at myself since I was grinding to pay for something at the time. Came in handy when I bought a horse to replace the red Arabian.

Got attacked by a pack of wolves today with a grizzly right by me, so I ran towards the grizzly and let him do my dirty work for me before taking him out with a poison arrow. That was pretty neat.

Just have to keep a checklist in your head as best you can. I figured I would hit a wall at 98 and be stuck forever on it. It was easy to get up past 90 without even trying, from there it was thinking about the small game I didn't bother with, the big game that's elusive like a moose or a panther, and the island stuff like the iguana and crab. It would be much easier with an actual list.
Got it, thanks. What’s the easiest way to level up online? I just started, only level 10.

Got it, thanks. What’s the easiest way to level up online? I just started, only level 10.
Depends on how good you are. I got up to around level 15 through repeating missions but switched to Showdowns when I had the weapons I wanted. If you win them they reward you greatly, but missions are more consistent if you're not able to place high often.

What system are you on?

Depends on how good you are. I got up to around level 15 through repeating missions but switched to Showdowns when I had the weapons I wanted. If you win them they reward you greatly, but missions are more consistent if you're not able to place high often.

What system are you on?
PS4. I’ve done a few showdowns and “hold the bag the longest” games and it feels like I get spawn killed with my average lifespan lasting about 7 seconds. I’ve mostly stuck to some of the missions. I think I’ll really get into it once Rockstar adds more. For now it seems like a bit of a grind without much to do. Then again, I’m always playing solo.

Why cant I sell my egret plumes? They are worth 2-2.5ea. This is number 1 bullshit

Why cant I sell my egret plumes? They are worth 2-2.5ea. This is number 1 bullshit
It's a glitch, I've got a few stocked up as well. Luckily they're super rare so it's not a big loss.

PS4. I’ve done a few showdowns and “hold the bag the longest” games and it feels like I get spawn killed with my average lifespan lasting about 7 seconds. I’ve mostly stuck to some of the missions. I think I’ll really get into it once Rockstar adds more. For now it seems like a bit of a grind without much to do. Then again, I’m always playing solo.
Stranger Missions aren't too bad if you wait until the last 30 seconds to finish them, let me know if you want to posse up sometime. I'm at 68 now and I'm shooting for 71 for the studded explorer belts.

It's a glitch, I've got a few stocked up as well. Luckily they're super rare so it's not a big loss.
Money is hard to come by and I got 8 of them sonsabitches lol. My stupid ass went and wasted money on 2 stupid things and it's a constant climb out the hole lol. Miracle tonic pamphlet(WORTHLESS can only craft 1 with carry limits on herbs) and that fucking stupid rattle snake mount. Worthless as well, regular mounts have better stats. Aaarrrgghhhh

Money is hard to come by and I got 8 of them sonsabitches lol. My stupid ass went and wasted money on 2 stupid things and it's a constant climb out the hole lol. Miracle tonic pamphlet(WORTHLESS can only craft 1 with carry limits on herbs) and that fucking stupid rattle snake mount. Worthless as well, regular mounts have better stats. Aaarrrgghhhh
The rattlesnake mount?! You're level 97?! It should have as good of stats as anything else, though at that point the health is the only one that really sees any difference. I was just looking at that rattler saddle tonight for my mustang when I get there eventually.

The rattlesnake mount?! You're level 97?! It should have as good of stats as anything else, though at that point the health is the only one that really sees any difference. I was just looking at that rattler saddle tonight for my mustang when I get there eventually.
No. Hell no. 53. You can buy it now on xbox. Apparently it was a ps exclusive for a while?

I'm really digging the brindle thoroughbred. Super unique. Just got the nakota though so it's hard to pull the trigger. Might just wait for a fox trotter

Back