Red Dead Redemption 2 Online, v1. There be Gold Bars in them hills Edition

The fact they said beta will be around for MONTHS doesnt make me think ANYTHING is coming soon. I remember weeks ago people reporting seeing gun rush on their screens. They've had this the entire time. Why didnt they drop it earlier? They didnt address any connection issues whatsoever, which might have been a possible explanation. Shit is getting old fast. The fact GTAO is getting weekly updates while it's been fucking crickets up until today is maddening

The fact they said beta will be around for MONTHS doesnt make me think ANYTHING is coming soon. I remember weeks ago people reporting seeing gun rush on their screens. They've had this the entire time. Why didnt they drop it earlier? They didnt address any connection issues whatsoever, which might have been a possible explanation. Shit is getting old fast. The fact GTAO is getting weekly updates while it's been fucking crickets up until today is maddening
The placeholder being there doesn't mean it was ready to be released. GTAO didn't have much content for awhile either and the fact that they still are working on the game shows they are in it for the long haul. As everyone know, slow and steady wins the race. The beta tag just means that they don't have to go through as much red tape before releasing updates which is a good thing.

Went on for about 20 minutes yesterday and today I'm fucking officially burnt out of this. I can only fish so many sockeye and steelhead, shoot so many birds, rob so many coaches, replay so many "story missions". This shit is stale man. THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING SOON

There won't be a fanbase left with the paltry amount of content to play in the online. It's like Sea of Thieves. It's fun at first but a boring slog of a grindfest and nothing to do but just grief is boring af.

I can usually get behind the game, I know my style of play enough to make it interesting but I'm definitely noticing a huge drop in online fanbase. I don't take issue with anything they've rolled out or adjusted too poorly, but I think it was suicide of them to have so few maps and game modes fresh out the gate into the first looks at Beta

All they had to do was something every GTA online player has saved in Creator mode: select a sphere of play on the map, set the spawn points far enough apart, adjust game settings (knives, fists, pistols only) and generate your content. Instead they've sat on months of seasonal play with no map packs, weapon packs, even a hat pack would have stalled for time and kept a higher base.

There's no excuse for zero snow Adversary maps. No fist fighting mode. No melee only mode. No shotguns only mode. No snipers only mode. But Tumbleweed made the cut as a map though, practically identical to RD1's multiplayer map veterans have already ran through 700 times

I really enjoy online. My biggest complaints are that the stranger missions often times don’t work and my camp keeps going back to New Austin even though I’ve had it relocated to New Hanover multiple times. Other than it, it’s pretty fun. I’ve had minimal experience with griefers and I normally just respawn and ignore them. One bastard kept following me around killing me though so I hid behind a tree, whacked him then his horse for good measure.

I went on a celebration hunt with my new mustang Paaka, Comanche for arrow, and tried to gift a dude my buffalo hide. Then bastard pulled out his knife and tried to take me out, so I choked him like a bitch, took my hide back, and killed him again for good measure.

I feel bad for letting Nichiiwad take so much damage from these bandits but this was a great moment, we would both have probably died had I fallen off the bridge.

Got online tonight. Already disconnect one from a server error within ten minutes. Hopefully this can be made interesting.

CA746564-035D-4469-A560-FA952D5821E4.jpeg I walked into Armadillo and saw this last night. There’s a mass murderer on the loose!

Finally found a fight club last night, was ridiculously fun keeping order and and playing bouncer when I wasn't fighting. Went 5-0 through the night before my game crashed, all about mastering space, timing, and getting in your opponent's head. Easily the most fun I've had in Online since it dropped, I definitely recommend you all try it out if you can.

I really enjoy online. My biggest complaints are that the stranger missions often times don’t work and my camp keeps going back to New Austin even though I’ve had it relocated to New Hanover multiple times. Other than it, it’s pretty fun. I’ve had minimal experience with griefers and I normally just respawn and ignore them. One bastard kept following me around killing me though so I hid behind a tree, whacked him then his horse for good measure.

the stranger mission issues are recent bugs, the camp relocation has been a problem since always

for stranger missions glitches (accepting tasks that don't start/mission text doesn't appear, etc.) your quickest solution is to reform the posse on a new leader (playing solo requires a free roam swap) so you don't have to ride all the way out to new strangers if you already arrived

the camp relocation bug is a f*cking nightmare for players with large camps especially, since the 5 dollar fee adds up devastatingly quickly if it isn't assigning properly

both those issues are on Rockstar's radar though, from what I've seen in press releases

The missions are my favorite part of playing online. Since myself a couple of buddies Possie up, I’m really hoping they continue to add new missions.
They ARE going to be adding more story missions. When they do it we have no clue

Maybe they're just suffering from the plague.

The missions are my favorite part of playing online. Since myself a couple of buddies Possie up, I’m really hoping they continue to add new missions.

Powered through the boredom and hit level 50 today. Celebrated by upgrading horsemen to level 3. Rolling S&S3, E4E 2, cold blooded 3, and horsemen 3

They definitely are adding more, they mentioned it in their last update notice.

Had to get that reverse dappled nakota. Named her Serena Williams
It's a beautiful horse, really underrated. I just got a tiger striped mustang and I feel bad cheating on my Nokota, but it does help to have some more control when hunting in the swamps or being ambushed by bandits when I'm in cinematic mode. Nothing beats the pure speed of the Nokota though.

After weeks of being stuck at 94 animals killed out of 100, I finally managed to get the buckle after brainstorming what I was missing. Chipmunks and snapping turtles slipped under my radar, the crab I had to go out of my way for, and I finished it by hunting for a panther at night with a poison arrow which was really neat. I got it to spawn surprisingly quickly south of Rhodes. I was so lucky to see a moose already at Owanjilla, I haven't even seen one in story mode yet. I felt bad killing it at the time but I'm sure glad I did in hindsight lol.

Came across someone that figured out how to cheat today. Dont know how but, dead eye not activated, was surrounded by 3 players. I'm busting head shots with the lancaster, as the other players are shooting him. His fucking health ain't even going down. After almost 10 head shots I just rode off

Damn near got mauled by a cougar just now, I was in cinematic mode and looked up to see my mustang standing still way before my destination, then he bucked me off which really surprised me. The damn thing jumped on me before I could get a shot off but I managed to throw him off, then got him with my trusty poison arrow for an easy $18.50. Poison arrows are a hunter's best friend.

Came across someone that figured out how to cheat today. Dont know how but, dead eye not activated, was surrounded by 3 players. I'm busting head shots with the lancaster, as the other players are shooting him. His fucking health ain't even going down. After almost 10 head shots I just rode off
Trippy, hopefully that's not repeatable.

Was playing last night and almost hit level 15. I accidently spend all my money on two horse stalls in the stable lol. I was tapping A button while hovering over the slots not thinking I could actually purchase them yet. Now I have three stalls lol.

Ok, how the fuck do you hunt small critters? For me, its just a matter of running around and seeing one scurry out. Then, its either varmint rifle or small game arrows. Using dead eye? On a tiny creature?

Back