Red Alert - Bench Stall Immenent!

Two questions:

1) How much bodyweight have you gained in the 6 weeks since you started?

2) Why have you bastardized SS instead of doing the program as prescribed?

Thanks, Tosa. Definately not a problem with rest or protein etc. I now know I have another 2 strikes before I have to do something drastic like deload.

Two questions:

1) How much bodyweight have you gained in the 6 weeks since you started?

2) Why have you bastardized SS instead of doing the program as prescribed?

1)I still weigh about the same(100k)but I've lost some fat and put on muscle; I can see the differance. I'm big enough. My goal is to gain strength, not bulk.

2)I followed the program faithfully in the beginning - and started to stall on Bench within 4 weeks. I have long arms, so Mr Bench Press is not my friend. Especially when I'm alternating it with SOHP. Glenn Pendlay summed it up: if you want a big Bench, do it two or three times per week.

Also, Squatting three times per week, with DL on the same day as Squats, was aggravating old knee/hamstring injuries.

Well at 100kg you are probably not underweight. How tall are you though?

It's just quite odd to stall after 4 weeks on SS provided you are doing the program as prescribed.

So what is your bench currently and what have your increases been workout to workout? 10#, 5#, 2.5#?

1)I still weigh about the same(100k)but I've lost some fat and put on muscle; I can see the differance. I'm big enough. My goal is to gain strength, not bulk.

2)I followed the program faithfully in the beginning - and started to stall on Bench within 4 weeks. I have long arms, so Mr Bench Press is not my friend. Especially when I'm alternating it with SOHP. Glenn Pendlay summed it up: if you want a big Bench, do it two or three times per week.

Also, Squatting three times per week, with DL on the same day as Squats, was aggravating old knee/hamstring injuries.

Well at 100kg you are probably not underweight. How tall are you though?

It's just quite odd to stall after 4 weeks on SS provided you are doing the program as prescribed.

So what is your bench currently and what have your increases been workout to workout? 10#, 5#, 2.5#?

1)6' 2"

2)I got 82 for 5, with difficulty. Tried 85 for 5 but only got 3.

3)I was increasing 1 kilo per workout.

Back