Recreational training frequency

N00bLifter

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys

I just started with kickboxing. I am enjoying it. I also want to get good at it.

From experience I know I can start all passionately now, with 5-6-7 days a week, but that probably ends up with way less frequent when the "thrill" wears off.

So, my question is:

What would be a smart number of training days for a recreational beginner whose focus it is to learn this sport for the long run?

I now train 4 days a week. No weight lifting, only kickboxing. I want to up the ante but I am not sure what would be smart.

Hi guys

I just started with kickboxing. I am enjoying it. I also want to get good at it.

From experience I know I can start all passionately now, with 5-6-7 days a week, but that probably ends up with way less frequent when the "thrill" wears off.

So, my question is:

What would be a smart number of training days for a recreational beginner whose focus it is to learn this sport for the long run?

I now train 4 days a week. No weight lifting, only kickboxing. I want to up the ante but I am not sure what would be smart.

Train 3 days a week then jog 3 days week.

Your body need to adapt first... give it time... then SLOWLY try to up your training frequency.

You will injure yourself if you train 7 days a week as a beginner, if you dont have any experience (flexibility issues,recovery issues, overuse muscle etc..etc..)

Give time for your body to adapt

Back