Recovery Time For Brown

Gi Choke

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have always found body blow KO's to be the most brutal. They always take that extra 2-3 seconds to realize 'This Sucks" and collapse.

Does anyone know the recovery time from a devestating body blow. Brown weathered the storm well but it wasn't like he was fine in the second. He still took another body shot from Silva and almost crumpled again. Sometimes guys get knocked down from a head shot, weather the storm and get their legs back over a minute or two.

Anybody know of a time frame it would take to recover from something like that (what brown took)? I mean, tomorrow if you kicked him, would he still be only 70% or could you recover within a round or two?

Just wonderin'. Body shots look like they suck!

Personal experiences welcome.

It all depends. Seems like Matt always gets hurt in the first by bodyshots. Either is a weak rectus abdominis (front part of the abs which protect the plexus) or hes just never really prepared or expecting to take those shots early. Maybe a combination of both.

I dont really think he will be feeling anything in his body tomorrow, maybe some bruises.

if he fights nick diaz, he better get micheal knights metal plate put in his body:icon_chee

Back