Recovering Renan Barao Nuthugger

I never counted out TJ, so I can't link anything.

I want to just laugh at all the ass holes who called TJ a nobody and talked so much shit about him leading up to the fight.

Hope you fellas feel like complete idiots and from now on question your judgement on all things in life.

i didnt think Barao shoulda been as big of a favorite that he was. It seemed like everyone was unfairly calling it the most lopsided fight before it started.

Granted i had Barao winning too but wasnt going to be overly shocked if TJ won... but man i dont know that anybody was expecting to see that type of dominance from TJ

Check out some old Fedor or Shogun threads when they lost. You might get some help on how to deal with this.
Hello, my name is Tony, and I'm a recovering Renan Barao nuthugger. The last 11 hours or so has been difficult; dealing with the fact that I was wrong about his undeniable dominance and abilities. Its hard, thinking someones the best, then looking like an idiot.

However, T.J. looked great, and this honestly makes the Bantamweight division much more interesting. Get well soon Cruz!

This thread is for all the other nut huggers, and how you were wrong, as well as what you can do to get over it and not let it happen again. If you weren't a Barao nut hugger, you can post links to your previous posts before the Dillashaw fight where you questioned his abilities.

I still think Barao is the better fighter and can beat Dillashaw if they rematch, but damn it sucked seeing Barao dominated like that.

That is just it. TJ had the perfect gameplan for Barao. All the respect to TJ. He did awesome. I will be rooting for him in the rematch, but give Barao 3-6 months to prepare for TJ after a lose makes Barao very dangerous.

Don't be hard on yourself. You were not a nut hugger, just a bandwagon fan. If you were truly a Barao fan, you would be amped for his comeback.

I actually am. I think he can alter his style and still win the belt.

Wasn't a Barao fan, but I would've picked him to beat Aldo... lol

Thank you Based Dillashaw

came to post something exactly like this

but also throw in that dillashaw and i wrestled at the same d1 school (at different times)

war titans

also OP youre a mark ass trick if you dont continue to nuthug your fighters after a loss

war chuck forever

People who just toss there fighters aside after one or two losses make me sick. And to openly declare it too.. I know you're being quite satirical, but surely your point still lies?

Barao will come back looking like a monster again. Those team Alpha guys are the most explosive athletes in the business.

Barao looked like shit after that knockdown in the first.

I was sad that Renan lost but I'm glad Dillashaw finished the fight, Barao was essentially done after the 2nd round. He must have been concussed bad, because he did nothing on the feet after getting blasted and didn't attempt any takedowns even after Pederneiras told him to go for broke.

He'll be back, but I wonder if it'll be at BW or FW.

A true nuthugger stays with his fighter win or lose, especially the humiliating ones.
If you abandon Renans nuts youre not a true nuthugger but a much more despicable creature whom I call bandwagon abandoner. The lowest of the low in combat sports fandom.
So you can either release his nuts or hug on tighter. The choice is yours. Choose wisely.

I learned a long time ago that I don't really know anything. I can watch all the MMA I want, but I'll never know the full scoop on what a fighter did outside the cage leading up to a fight. Compound that with all the ways it's possible to win or lose and nobody can consistently make good predictions in this sport.

Don't be hard on yourself. You were not a nut hugger, just a bandwagon fan. If you were truly a Barao fan, you would be amped for his comeback.

Oh, you are an absolute delight at parties, I'm sure!

also OP youre a mark ass trick if you dont continue to nuthug your fighters after a loss

war chuck forever

You're right. I still like Barao a lot and wish him well. I think he can be competitive and really when you think about it; this is great for the Bantamweight division, it totally opens things up. Now that Barao has proven to be human, the top 5 or 6 guys all look really competitive instead of just one world beater.

Let the man commiserate. *** Louise

People who just toss there fighters aside after one or two losses make me sick. And to openly declare it too.. I know you're being quite satirical, but surely your point still lies?

My nuthugging wasn't about being his fan as much as it was thinking he was possibly the pound for pound king, a guy destined to retire 72-1-1. I still like him and think he'll do well.

A true nuthugger stays with his fighter win or lose, especially the humiliating ones.
If you abandon Renans nuts youre not a true nuthugger but a much more despicable creature whom I call bandwagon abandoner. The lowest of the low in combat sports fandom.
So you can either release his nuts or hug on tighter. The choice is yours. Choose wisely.

Damn if you do nuthug; damn if you don't nuthug.

I've never seen one instance of praising someone's apparent nuthugging of some fighter not of their own.

"Boy, he sure loves GSP who I don't care about much. Cheers to his devoted nuthugging." Never...

So in this case he gets bashed for NOT nuthugging enough for people's taste.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SHERDOG!!!

not a nutthugger just a fan, but I definitely underestimated Tj

The BW division has been shook up lately. Really stoked for these guys next fights.

Back