Recovering Renan Barao Nuthugger

Kingfarthur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Tony, and I'm a recovering Renan Barao nuthugger. The last 11 hours or so has been difficult; dealing with the fact that I was wrong about his undeniable dominance and abilities. Its hard, thinking someones the best, then looking like an idiot.

However, T.J. looked great, and this honestly makes the Bantamweight division much more interesting. Get well soon Cruz!

This thread is for all the other nut huggers, and how you were wrong, as well as what you can do to get over it and not let it happen again. If you weren't a Barao nut hugger, you can post links to your previous posts before the Dillashaw fight where you questioned his abilities.

Hello, my name is Tony, and I'm a recovering Renan Barao nuthugger. The last 11 hours or so has been difficult; dealing with the fact that I was wrong about his undeniable dominance and abilities. Its hard, thinking someones the best, then looking like an idiot.

However, T.J. looked great, and this honestly makes the Bantamweight division much more interesting. Get well soon Cruz!

This thread is for all the other nut huggers, and how you were wrong, as well as what you can do to get over it and not let it happen again. If you weren't a Barao nut hugger, you can post links to your previous posts before the Dillashaw fight where you questioned his abilities.

Don't be hard on yourself. You were not a nut hugger, just a bandwagon fan. If you were truly a Barao fan, you would be amped for his comeback.

There's nothing recover from. If you want to be a fan, be a fan. The guy's a fucking great fighter.

However, the talk about how he was far more skilled than Jones and how he was more accomplished than any other champ because he had 20 wins on the regional circuit before he went to the WEC was laughable.

I've learned to deal with losses to the point where you just say, shit happens and the other guy did well.

I have no links but there were a few posters that im saying
You were right. I said Tylor had nothing for Renan I was wrong.
I said Tylor wouldnt finish I was wrong.
I said Tylor wouldnt shuffle I was wrong.
I said Barao would leg kick the wheels off of this kid I was wrong.
Tylor made me a believer.

I liked barao before he won the title, hes not my favorite but I'm a fan for sure. What I dont understand is how people have not learned yet that ANYONE can lose on ANYDAY.

Seeing 100s of threads on how tj didnt deserve to breathe the same air as barao, and how it worked out with him being bumped to main event I had a feeling before the fight he would win.

Not this thread, but it seems everytime i come to sherdog i see something more ludicrous then the time before.

Don't be hard on yourself. You were not a nut hugger, just a bandwagon fan. If you were truly a Barao fan, you would be amped for his comeback.

This concludes today's session, here's your 1 day chip TS.

I can admit I got this one badly wrong, I enjoyed the fight though.

Welcome to MMA bro. Prepare to have you heart ripped out on a regular basis when your favourite fighters of all time eventually succumb to someone who finally kicks their ass.

Good thing for Barao is he's going to be back and probably better than before. The rematch will be a nice hype train and should be a good fight either way. I'm now a fan of both so i'll just sit back and watch and probably root for Dillashaw because I really like his story now.

Wasn't a Barao fan, but I would've picked him to beat Aldo... lol

Thank you Based Dillashaw

Unfortunately I have no posts to link.

Haha also how I feel. Was rooting for Dillashaw going into this but figured Barao would simply be better everywhere and pull away in the second/third rounds.

It's not your fault, guy.

They hype these guys up so insanely that all they can do is fall short of your expectations in the end.

They smash a few people and you start listening to Dana and Rogan and before you know it, your favorite fighter is no longer a man with strengths and weaknesses, but rather, a God that is completely above everyone else's level.

The truth is this sport is brutally competetive and all they guys near the top are capable of smashing each other.

Barao is talented. He'll surely go on to see more success in his career, but his cherry is busted. It might actually be the best thing that ever happened to him.

Yes, because true fans never show any signs of frustration or sadness when a fighter loses. Nobody in Barao's corner, family or circle of friends was upset in any way. They immediately and spontaneously felt amped for his return, and that's all :rolleyes:

*edit: yes TS is a troll but the sentiment is the same

You are a troll, thats pretty much it.

This. Too bad there are very few true fans of fighters on this forum. Mostly just bandwagoners that say "he was never that good" when someone loses a fight.

I still think Barao is the better fighter and can beat Dillashaw if they rematch, but damn it sucked seeing Barao dominated like that.

I'm still a recovering Royce fan here.
Yes I'm old but I refuse to get over it, damn that Matt Hughes.

Back