Recovering from surgery - DA:I or GTAV?

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by YPMG, Jan 11, 2015.

1. YPMG

YPMG Patriot Nation

Have just had shoulder surgery so I'm on the good meds and spending plenty of time for the next 3 weeks in front of the TV. I need a PS4 game to keep me occupied as M/K doesn't work with the level of pain I'm in - Dragon Age: Inquisition or GTAV?

I'll get the wife to pick one up for me so I can smash while I get better. Anyone able to recommend? Happy for any other PS4 titles I can invest in also.

2. Phoenix Down

Phoenix Down Banned Banned

GTAV is the end all be all. Best game of the last 10'sh years IMO.

3. sportkillergreg

sportkillergreg Brown Belt

Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor

4. PAUonePUNCH

PAUonePUNCH Black Belt

Why not both?

5. klnOmega

klnOmega Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Neither one was very good.

Try Kerbal Space Program or the new Civilization game instead.

Or if you need a console game, get Alien: Isolation.

6. Zer

Zer Gold Belt

He just had surgery bro. Two games at once could overload his nervous system or some shit. I'm not a doctor though.

7. Minnja

Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

They're extremely different games. Dragon Age if you're more into RPGs, GTA if you're more into free-roam TPS games. I like Dragon Age more.

8. Concrete

Concrete Steel Belt

If you're looking for a timesink the answer is probably DA:I, GTA V has plenty to do though.

9. YPMG

YPMG Patriot Nation

Thanks guys - I'll see if I can wrangle both but DA:I is looking the goods. Im hoping it will make these next few weeks fly!

10. Fijeeto

Fijeeto Berserk Belt Platinum Member

I'd go with Dragon Age. Loads of side quests and different classes to experiment with for added replay value. GTA V has lots of content as well, but I can pour twelve straight hours into DA:I and still feel as though I haven't even made a dent.

11. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

GTA5 if you can play online, DA:I if not.

12. DoMeFavors

DoMeFavors Purple Belt

This is the correct answer right here...if you plan to play the online portion of GTA also, then GTA easy...if you plan to stick to just the single player campaign, DA:I...the combo of GTA single player and GTA Online is way more content than DA:I...

13. DoMeFavors

DoMeFavors Purple Belt

Lol, what?

14. klnOmega

GTA5:
    --Cheat codes removed in favor of microtransactions
    --Map is empty
    --Not as much fun stuff do as predecessors
    --Psychic cop AI. Get stars even when in the middle of nowhere, and the cops just spawn out there. Then they always know to search the exact area you are in.
    --Really easy

DA:I:
    --MMO style grinding side quests
    --Embarrassingly poor dialogue
    --"An ancient evil awakens, you are the choosen one" rehashed story
    --SJW nonsense shoehorned in and flaunted in your face.

15. RoryFan

RoryFan Wears Hats

This man knows what the fuck is up! My first Mun landing might have been the most satisfying gaming experience I've ever had. Been trying to land on Ike all weekend with little to no success :(

I really didn't like the new DA so I'd go with GTA, when has murdering hookers not been fun?

16. klnOmega

Look into aerobraking if you haven't already. You can skim Duna's atmosphere to slow you down, in order to fall in to orbit around it. Then it is just like landing on Mun.

Also, because I hate huge rockets, I usually take two with me to other planets. On is my landed, and the other acts as a spare fuel tank that I dock with to refuel before coming home.

17. Phoenix Down

Is this kid fucking retarded? His first complaint about GTA5 literally had me laughing out loud.

18. Phoenix Down

Single player GTA5 has more content than DA:I could ever fucking dream of. It's not even close. The end game content in GTA5 and replayability is deeper than pretty much any other sandbox experience.

Add in multiplayer and you've got pretty much the biggest physics sandbox / game ever made with 32 players.

DA:I, to me, was massively underwhelming. I usually don't go by the critics consensus but on this one it's safe to say they are right: GTA5 is the best game for adults ever made. It has received, literally, the highest marks out of any game ever made for adults. The only titles to receive accumulative praise at a greater rate are Zelda:OOT and Super Mario Galaxy.

:)

GTA5 is literally the best game ever made. It's just immense in every aspect, and it pretty much does everything better than anything else.

EDIT:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/grand-theft-auto-v/critic-reviews

Look at all the 10/10's. It's just the game to play if you know what you're looking at in development cycles. It may sound weird, but, the more you know about development, sound design, graphics, physics and how gaming functions and works in general the more you'll appreciate and be in literal awe of what GTA5 is.

If I could grab one review to summarize what GTA5 is, it'd be this:

"The quality of GTA V puts to shame 99% of triple A productions." - IGN

Fucking Hideo Kojima cried and entered a state of depression after seeing the TRAILER for GTA....Twice. Literally, once because of the 360 / PS3 versions, and again when the X1 / PS4 versions came out.

"What Rockstar has created and the world they have created is super impressive, and actually when I saw the PS4 version a few days ago I got depressed again. And this is not game design-related it's just me. The quality that they showed in the PS4 trailer was really impressive." - Hideo Kojima

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  19. Minnja

Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

Everything about the game is great but that does not always equate to it being the most fun game. I like GTAV, and I agree it technically is an amazing game. I think it's fun too, but it's not as fun as many other games to me. I haven't gone through the entire game yet, it just didn't pull me in as much as I was hoping. For whatever reason it just isn't super fun to play to me.

20. RoryFan

RoryFan Wears Hats

The hardest part I'm finding is working out how much to time lapse to get Duna/Kerbin in the most fuel efficient locations to launch. I keep messing it up and it's taking me about 3000ms delta V just to catch an encounter with Duna which isn't leaving me enough to fuel to land.