Recommended fights?

B0mbSquad

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have some experience boxing in the past, but more because I wanted to know how to fight as opposed to being a fan of the sport. However, since I stopped training regularly, I've become much more attentive as a spectator.

I'd love to know any fights, both classic and recent, that you'd recommend. Perhaps you could detail what stood out to you and why you enjoyed the fight so much.

Thanks!

Watch the entire fight history of Kurbat Pulev if you really want to see poetry in motion and appreciate the sweet science at its finest.

Uncle Termite jerks off to this.

Last edited:
I have some experience boxing in the past, but more because I wanted to know how to fight as opposed to being a fan of the sport. However, since I stopped training regularly, I've become much more attentive as a spectator.

I'd love to know any fights, both classic and recent, that you'd recommend. Perhaps you could detail what stood out to you and why you enjoyed the fight so much.

Thanks!
You can also try choosing a fighter you like and watch all his fights in chronological order. If you need a pick you can start off with Felix Trinidad.

If you want to see exciting fights i recommend
Alexis Arguello vs Aaron Pryor

Thanks guys! Appreciate the suggestions. Whoever else sees this, keep em coming!

Does that guy that was obsessed with Pulev even post here still? :)

Every so often he comes in and calls us all idiots while typing in a style that is aneurysm-inducing.

I rewatched Khan/Peterson the other day. The fight gets remembered for the controversy surrounding it, but it was a pretty damn entertaining fight regardless of controversy.

Watch the entire fight history of Kurbat Pulev if you really want to see poetry in motion and appreciate the sweet science at its finest.

Uncle Termite jerks off to this.

15ww3o.png

Last edited:

Thanks!
Lots of great fighters to look up. Here is an Arguello fight that really shows off his great style.

Last edited:

Fuck, man, any Kevin Kelley fight. Any Kevin Kelley fight (& most Troy Dorsey fights).

Sorry: just read that you asked for some explanation as to the picks. I picked them all 'cos they're great fights (duh), but they're great fights that don't get much mouth-time from today's fans.

Specifically: Hearns vs Leonard I was basically, well, you know Ward vs Kovalev? Imagine if that fight was great & had a definitive outcome where both fighters proved themselves utterly superior to what we thought about them beforehand, rather than having to readjust our opinions of their talents downwards. Oh yeah: & if Ward & Kov were like 23 & 25 years old, instead of dudes in their 30s.

Ricardo Lopez gave away half a stone (Alvarez basically missed weight by about three weight divisions; they offered to call the fight off & Lopez was like "Nah man, I don't care how big he is"), was covered in his own blood & fighting a guy who dropped him in the first fight (technical draw headclash), the first guy who really troubled him after something like 40 fights of dominance. Put on a boxing masterclass against a bull. Classic, classic boxer-vs-puncher stuff.

Any Kevin Kelley fight was just a war, man.

Barrera vs McKinney is an under-rated, fan-friendly fight, two contrasting styles.

& McKinney vs Ncita is just awesome.

Sorry: Hearns vs Leonard I was basically, well, you know Ward vs Kovalev? Imagine if that fight was great & had a definitive outcome.

Ricardo Lopez gave away half a stone, was covered in his own blood & fighting a guy who dropped him in the first fight (technical draw headclash). Put on a boxing masterclass against a bull. Classic, classic boxer-vs-puncher stuff.

Any Kevin Kelley fight was just a war, man.

Barrera vs McKinney is an under-rated, fan-friendly fight.

& McKinney vs Ncita is just awesome.
Is Barrera vs McKinney underrated? Wasn't that the fight that launched BAD as the best boxing programming on at that time?

Is Barrera vs McKinney underrated? Wasn't that the fight that launched BAD as the best boxing programming on at that time?

Dunno mate, I'm English & over here people (apart from nerds who watch far too much Mexican boxing specifically & lower-weight boxing in general) basically thought Barrera's career began with the Naz fight (or might've heard about the Morales fights then looked it up online).

I didn't know the fight's cultural reference over the pond, I had no idea that it launched Boxing After Dark (until the Innernetz, I'd only seen it with Eurosport (HAHAHAHAAHAHA) commentary (HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA) provided by the inimitable though somewhat digressive & possibly punchy Steve Holdsworth, which is how I watched it live & had a copy taped off said television broadcast).

Thanks!

Watch these two fights both end under 3 rounds. Bellew Makabu is bad af beacause Bellew is the under dog and he gets dropped HARD.

Bellew Flores awesome fight great boxing and tactics

Dunno mate, I'm English & over here people (apart from nerds who watch far too much Mexican boxing specifically & lower-weight boxing in general) basically thought Barrera's career began with the Naz fight (or might've heard about the Morales fights then looked it up online).

I didn't know the fight's cultural reference over the pond, I had no idea that it launched Boxing After Dark (until the Innernetz, I'd only seen it with Eurosport (HAHAHAHAAHAHA) commentary (HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA) provided by the inimitable though somewhat digressive & possibly punchy Steve Holdsworth, which is how I watched it live & had a copy taped off said television broadcast).
If I remember correctly I think MAB started out on ESPN shows. The McKinney fight was an instant classic and Barrera went on to become one of the most exciting fighters until he was stopped by Jones. He came back more of a boxer in the rematch but still lost a close fight. When he fought Morales the first time was probably when he was considered an all around ATG. At least that's how I remember it.

Back