Recommended DVds?

SpartanMachine

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have any dvds they would recommend?
Pretty much on any aspect of MMA or BJJ.
Just looking for some info on what's good out there in terms of instructional dvds, what would you recommend and why?

Thanks

Robson Moura Fusion 1!!!! It really helped me tighten up my game (his instruction on 100 kilos is the sh*t). His high guard disc really helped me too. It's a 6 disc set and can be found pretty much anywhere on the web. It covers closed guard (high guard), 100 kilos (side control), passing the guard, attacking the back (turtle), robson cross guard (good shit if you're a senior blue or above), and butterly guard (use it almost everytime I spar). I've heard his Fusion 2 series is also really good (seen some of his 93 guard stuff it's really good). Hope this helps. I feel weird endorsing his stuff so much because I don't train at one of his schools, but his dvd set is the sh*t. Good luck with you're training.

Arte Suave 1+2. They're not instructional videos, but should be watched by all BJJ fans.

We have 1 of these threads per week, use the search function. Not trying to be rude but we do have these threads once per week & we basically give the same answers until some revolutionary new instructional comes out, I assume we'll be adding Ryan Hall's Back control DVD to this once it's released.

Sambo:
  • Reilly Bodycomb: Sambo Leg Locks DVD
Judo:

• Inoue - The Uchimata, The Judoka, and The Samurai [3 box set]
  • Koga: A New Wind
  • Koji "Komlock" Komura: Katemi-waza Vol. 1 & 2
  • Anything by Okano or Kaziwazaki.
  • David Williams: Judo Fundamentals (Tai-otoshi)

BJJ:
  • Ryan Hall: The Triangle 3 Dvd set
  • Roy Dean: Blue Belt Requirements, and Purple Belt requirements

Disclaimer: I am a Judoka who has started adding BJJ training to my repertoire so I have not watched no where near as many DVDs in the BJJ genre yet.

Demian Maia - Science of Jiu Jitsu 1 and 2
Robson Moura - Fusion 1 and 2
Saulo Riberio - all DVD's
Roy Deans Blue Belt Requirements
Ryan Hall - Triangle DVD

These cover pretty much everything a beginner would need. I would put the Hall video at the bottom of the list only because it is 1 move specific. However if you want triangle instruction this DVD is pretty much top of the list.

For basic all around techniques go with one or all those DVD's I listed.

Saulo, Robson and Maia- also Braulio and Ryan for Guard.

Saulo's DVD's have helped me. Recently Sweep: Closed Guard Concepts by Andreh Anderson came up in the forums here and I bought it. I would highly recommend it. It's only 30 bucks for two hours and I've really improved quickly from it, especially just in getting a better understanding of what creates a sweep.

I've never watched Ryan Hall DVD's but people I know rave about them.

what about that new partner drills Vol 1 by Tony Pacenski??
its only $20 and has 120 drills looks like it might be a good buy

saulo riberios bjj revolution series 1 and 2.

SAH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Back