Recommend me some rims

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
To you off-road guys. Looking for some rims to go on 275 tires. 16 or 17". Was looking for black ones but I may get them liquid sprayed black if I have to. Going on a magnetic gray tacoma. Hit me with what you guys are running or what y'all think look good

this is what I'm running...

attachment.php

highly recommended.

If you actually plan to off road with it just buy some wagon wheels and spend the extra money on the tires.

images

If you just plan to mall crawl with it buy some of those stupid black and chrome transformer looking wheels like everyone else.

Like these.

images

You should have gone to Ferguson a few weeks ago. They had all their rims on discount.

I roll stock rims on my tacoma. Pretty bad ass I must say.

It's really simple. If you don't give a shit about anything then buy whatever looks good.

If you give a shit about things, then think light. Research unsprung weight. Items that have to rotate rob a lot more HP than people think. Heavy wheels kill your available HP.

Also, tall skinny tires are the way to go, unless you are looking to do something very specific and need wide tires.

I have read many scientific articles on tires, and wider tires, in most off road situations, actually give you less traction, where as taller tires give you more traction, plus they give you more ground clearance, and are lighter, giving you better overall performance.

On a perfectly flat surface, a wider tire does not give one single advantage in traction. They use wider tires on race cars because of heat distribution, height to weight rations (keep the tires from toppling and coming off the rim, etc...).

Tall, skinny tires on a lightweight rim.

Unless you want to be like my brother and his friends and get the fucking widest tire possible so your truck looks all cool with a pit bull stance, and replace your PS pump, etc... every other fucking day, and never, not even one fucking time, take your truck through anything that would even warrant the use of 4 wheel drive.

Oh yeah, if you are going to be mainly driving off road, then sure, get biased tires. However, if you are going to be driving your truck as transportation on pavement, then don't be a fool, get radials.

I know so many people who get swampers, etc... and even after having them balanced and aligned almost daily, the tires wear weird and start riding very not smooth on the road. Get radials.

Last edited:
Method N/V don't know if black rims are your thing they look wicked good on my truck(typed in affleck "Southie" accent)

It's really simple. If you don't give a shit about anything then buy whatever looks good.

If you give a shit about things, then think light. Research unsprung weight. Items that have to rotate rob a lot more HP than people think. Heavy wheels kill your available HP.

Also, tall skinny tires are the way to go, unless you are looking to do something very specific and need wide tires.

I have read many scientific articles on tires, and wider tires, in most off road situations, actually give you less traction, where as taller tires give you more traction, plus they give you more ground clearance, and are lighter, giving you better overall performance.

On a perfectly flat surface, a wider tire does not give one single advantage in traction. They use wider tires on race cars because of heat distribution, height to weight rations (keep the tires from toppling and coming off the rim, etc...).

Unless you want to be like my brother and his friends and get the fucking widest tire possible so your truck looks all cool with a pit bull stance, and replace your PS pump, etc... every other fucking day, and never, not even one fucking time, take your truck through anything that would even warrant the use of 4 wheel drive.

Oh yeah, if you are going to be mainly driving off road, then sure, get biased tires. However, if you are going to be driving your truck as transportation on pavement, then don't be a fool, get radials.

I know so many people who get swampers, etc... and even after having them balanced and aligned almost daily, the tires wear weird and start riding very not smooth on the road. Get radials.

images

iwould get dem spinners, bring them back.

Go to Autozone an ask for a rimjob. I'm sure they can help you out.

Crager soft 8s static balanced. And who the fuck runs 275s. Step up to a 285 like a man

Yup, oem rims and hardware bro. My dodge ram has cast aluminum 17s from the 4x4 offroad package, with toyo open country a/t, 285.

Powder coat them if you want to spend money.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, if you are going to be mainly driving off road, then sure, get biased tires.
However, if you are going to be driving your truck as transportation on pavement, then don't be a fool, get radials.

5461_d30d.gif

You should be banned just for telling someone to put bias tires on a vehicle. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Back