Recommend me some Podcasts

Hardcore History by Dan Carlin.

I know the name is kind of off putting, but this guy goes DEEP into historical battles, events, and the steps that led up to them. He calls it a podcast, but it's darn near an audiobook that he puts out.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

Yeah hardcore history is awesome, highly recommend it also.

the BBC podcast "In our time" is possibly the podcast goat imo. Each episode the host Melvin Bragg and 3 experts from the field discuss a different topic from history, science, philosophy or culture. There archives of it on iTunes going back to the late 90s and they still release new shows so there's a ton of material to listen to. Really interesting and it's not dumbed down in any way.

I've also been listening to Sam Harris' podcast "waking up" which is pretty interesting.

The history of Rome by Mike Duncan is great too (and is complete).

I don't know if any of these would be up to your liking, but they get me through the day.

Star Talk Radio

You're Welcome (Chael's)

The Thinking Atheist

Last Podcast on the Left

Monster Talk

Real Ghost Stories

Lots of good ones I just added on my Stitcher Radio App I'll be checking out.

Hardcore History is awesome, but I've only listened to a few because you really have to put your energy into starting one IMO. Well worth it though.

Thanks for the links MM, I'll be sure to bookmark them.

Well just to be clear, they're movie PODCASTS.

Another one that's very interesting--though a different sort of podcast--is Hollywood Saloon.

That's pretty interesting. I've always been interested in that sort of thing. Ghosts, UFOs, near-death experiences, religious experiences. . . It's all very interesting to me.

Definitely fascinating stuff.

I haven't listened to it, but I know that Rabia has started her own Podcast about the Adnan situation:

http://undisclosed-podcast.com/

Ha that caught me off guard. I honestly thought you were referring to movies. I'm interesting in it as well. However, my buddy is really really into it. He started a 'Meet-Up' to go look for UFO's that initially had 4 people. It quickly grew to 25 and then above the 50's. He said it started to get really out of control with the different types of people. He said some lady showed up who was a supposed famous 'median' and she start to convulse and hit the ground and started to spaz out. He also said you have to earn the people in the UFO Roadshow

Two of my personal favorites

Joey Diaz, Church of Whats Happening (Comedy)
&
Howard Hughes, The Unexplained (Conspiracy)

Yea I hate Alice that bitch is annoying as shit sometimes
Its worth putting up with her just to get to hear the interactions between Corny and Kenny Bolin though

Anybody that tries Cornettes podcast scroll through the past episodes and listen to the ones with Starmaker Kenny Bolin as the guest that shit is "lose your breath from laughing so hard" hilarious
Haha; this is almost universal wherever you go on the web.

I actually started a petition to remove her on the MLW forums, and more than 85% of listeners wanted her gone. MLW promptly locked the thread, LOL.

It's funny with Cornette that when you listen to his shoot interviews, he presents himself as the only person who has a clue, and everyone else is a closed-minded idiot. Meanwhile, Cornette is probably more closed-minded than everyone else, and his booking style is about 40 years old.

I have the booking DVD he did with Kayfabe Commentaries where he criticized WWE's handling of the Invasion heading into WrestleMania 18 (which is apropos), and then proceeded to book a 20-match card with such gems as: Hulk Hogan/Jimmy Hart vs. Dusty Rhodes/Jim Cornette, LMAO.

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know might be a good fit for you.

If you like comedy (basically comedians sitting around rifffing), i could suggest

WTF (Marc Maron)
Nerdist (yeah - know)
Legion of Skanks (Big Jay Oakerson)

Also:

TIm Ferris Show (some excellent guests)
The Moth (if you like storytelling podcasts)
Freakonomics

It's not a podcast but if you like old timey radio variety shows check out A Prairie Home Companion. There's a lot of real folk music, not the hipster crap.

MMA Nuts. It's a MMA podcast but they're not really serious and they go off on some crazy tangents. Ingo trains under Comprido Medieros.

Neil Kramer is good. He does Metaphysics / philosophy / esotericism

http://neilkramer.com/

He seems like shit. Granted, I just listened to a few minutes of one of his podcasts and absolute horrible and pretentious as fuck.
He said a man name Frank Vincent Zappa was a big influence. My dad is a huge frank zappa fan, and until this day I did not know his middle name was Vincent.
Then he goes on to play the comedy routine of someone else who was a huge influence--whoever this comedian was is a sociopath and a fraud, talking about having babies as spitting out mewling cabbages. Oh, yes, us humans are so horrible but instead of offing myself and being authentic, I will just whine about how horrible humans are and continue living just fine. Fucking dude is a loser.

He seems like shit. Granted, I just listened to a few minutes of one of his podcasts and absolute horrible and pretentious as fuck.
He said a man name Frank Vincent Zappa was a big influence. My dad is a huge frank zappa fan, and until this day I did not know his middle name was Vincent.
Then he goes on to play the comedy routine of someone else who was a huge influence--whoever this comedian was is a sociopath and a fraud, talking about having babies as spitting out mewling cabbages. Oh, yes, us humans are so horrible but instead of offing myself and being authentic, I will just whine about how horrible humans are and continue living just fine. Fucking dude is a loser.

I don't know what part you listened to (they certainly vary) but I totally disagree with your opinion (obviously) :icon_lol:

He is not at all about 'humans are horrible', not at all. Quite the opposite. I don't know the context in which the clip you mentioned was included and for what reason though.

That said, it's not for everyone but the OP mentioned metaphysics so he is already a little 'out there'

Last edited:
Snapchat
Stuff you should know
This American life
Freakonmics
Cracked
Undisclosed
HoodHype
All Things Film
Heavy Hands
The Read
The Atheist Experience
99% invisble

For complete silly-ness....

The Todd Glass Show

[YT]wZqdg7k01lE[/YT]

I think it's on hiatus, but....

Norm MacDonald Live

[YT]gx5UhAQ3zFI[/YT]

The Fighter and The Kid. Reminds me of JRE in that it's kind of more a conversation than interview

Tim Ferriss Show - he interviews interesting people at the top of their fields

Some episodes of The TED Radio Hour are pretty good such as "Framing The Story"

Aubrey Marcus has episodes worth listening to but doesn't update it with new podcasts very often

Back