Recommend me some Country music

My favorite...

Now THIS is the type of sound I like. Does country have the sub genre deal that rock has? Like how theres metal, grunge, death etc in rock, does country have something similar and if so, what would this sound be called?

warning: this one's sad and depressing, but it's a good song

Last edited:
Saw John live on OH earlier this year. Took a lot to not cry like a bitch during a few songs.

Now THIS is the type of sound I like. Does country have the sub genre deal that rock has? Like how theres metal, grunge, death etc in rock, does country have something similar and if so, what would this sound be called?

Charlie Daniels, Merle Hagard, Waylon Jennings. Is where I would start but I don’t know tbh. Not the biggest county fan personally. Another dog may be able to narrow down a genre or category description for what you want. That song is ‘73

Excellent suggestions on the first page so far. For new guys I’ll suggest

Brent Cobb (“Ain’t a road too long”)
Midland
Chris Stapleton
Tyler Childers

Old guys:

John Prine (with bluegrass/folk twisted in, but super up beat tempos usually, and super fun lyrics, not just the same old shit)

WAYLON FUCKING JENNINGS

If you want some good country that’s not from 3+ decades ago, Luke Combs is pretty solid.

Chris Stapleton is the man right now:

Probably my favorite country song of all time. I recommend it in every thread asking for country recommendations:

My favorite Bob Dylan album. I love to recommend because so few are aware Bob made an album where he sang in his true voice. It also happens to be my favorite country album of all time:

If you want to impress the old-timers who think today's country is pop stadium crap, then you gotta know Marty:

The guy who changed the genre and brought on stadium country was Garth, and it's easy to take him for granted. All he needs is an acoustic guitar, and in his prime, in the 90's, his voice was one of the greatest of all time. This one is definitely one you should know. Pretty much every country person everywhere knows the lyrics by heart. People will bust out in line dances in country bars when the rodeo is in town, and when the beat drops out, and he sings "....oho-asis!" you won't even hear him anyone because everyone in the bar with be sing-shouting it in unison so loudly it drowns out the speakers:

Like you I thought country music was trash then I stumbled across “Copperhead Road” by Steve Earle which is now one of my all time fav’s

You are a man of taste and culture. "I can't fuck you off my mind" is a classic
Wheeler is underrated because people tend think hes a gimmick..dudes songs are classic imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back