Recommend me some Country music

since it is too cold and snowy out i am finally going to learn guitar just so i can play "Country Roads"

Just put Freebird on repeat.

I normally listen to rock/metal as well but I love Cash, Shooter Jennings, David Allan Coe, Whiskey Myers, Whitey Morgan, Hank 3 just to name a few. I always loved I’m On Fire by Springsteen but Whitey Morgan kills it...

When, Shania Twain, used as opening theme song in a Japanese drama, I think

I'm sure this thread has been done before but..

I like to say "I listen to everything - except country" but I'd like to change that. I know theres some country music I would enjoy, I just dont know where to look.

I enjoy hip hop, rock, death metal, grunge, and all the sub genres in between. Songs that speak about the world, history, the future, whatever. Just not fantasy or pop type stuff (dont get me wrong, there is a time and place for this as well) - but right now, I dont need feel good or dance music.

Any ideas?

Alone And Forsaken - Hank Williams
The Master's Call - Marty Robbins
John Paul Jones - Johnny Horton

90s country music is the best country music imo. Great male and female artists, as well as bands.
I really feel that the 90s were the best decade for just about everything. I obviously have a bias, but the 90s were a mix of the best of everything before it and paved the way to the new millennium. Commercialization really took off but it hadn't completely sold its soul yet. But I'm no historian.
We should not have gone down this road @sniper ...

This is great. Appreciating all the suggestions !

I really feel that the 90s were the best decade for just about everything. I obviously have a bias, but the 90s were a mix of the best of everything before it and paved the way to the new millennium. Commercialization really took off but it hadn't completely sold its soul yet. But I'm no historian.

This is great. Appreciating all the suggestions !

Had an alcoholic step dad so I may be your phone a friend for 90’s Country it’s coming back like a landslide now. You want that pre Garth Country by the sounds of it.

Back