Recommend me a laptop between 300-500

FatalWombat

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys, like the title says I'm looking for a new laptop but unfortunately i'm not exacly a real techhead,so if any of you guys can give me some advice i'd really appreciate it.

I'll use it mostly for personal use like browsing sherdog,watching movies,reading the news and playing games(nothing extremely demanding). My price range is anything between 300 and 500 usd.

Thanks in advance.

Check out Craigslist. Its common for Ipads with keyboards and cases to be for sale on the cheap.

If you're not needing it for a few weeks, I'd recommend waiting for the right ad to be posted and send a text, offering them $100 less than what they posted but say the cash would be in their hand within an hour.

Good luck!

EDIT: Hell, I just checked out Craigslist now, and look what I found:

http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/4114452914.html

Check your area's craigslist. Now.

Check out Craigslist. Its common for Ipads with keyboards and cases to be for sale on the cheap.

If you're not needing it for a few weeks, I'd recommend waiting for the right ad to be posted and send a text, offering them $100 less than what they posted but say the cash would be in their hand within an hour.

Good luck!

EDIT: Hell, I just checked out Craigslist now, and look what I found:

http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/4114452914.html

Check your area's craigslist. Now.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it! But the problem is that I live in holland so craigslist isn't really a option over here.

And I didn't put it in the op but I need it to be a laptop because I also need it for my college classes and an Ipad doesn't do it for me (I used to own one).

What kind of games? If their anything like full out games and not little fluffy games then a 3-500 range wont do it for games.

If just fluffy games like candy crush for example then Id recommend a chromebook or probably the better choice would be a windows tablet. Don't get an ipad. They are limited in what you can do. Ipad doesnt even have a USB, so that right there should turn people off.

Edit, saw you need it for school. Dont get a chromebook. Look into a windows tablet.

Here are a few laptops I'm looking at:

TOSHIBA Satellite C50D-A-11G

15,6 inch LED • AMD E1-1200 • 500 GB HDD • AMD Radeon HD 7310

ASUS R510CA-XX345H

15,6 inch LED • Intel Pentium 2117U • 6 GB • 500 GB HDD • Intel HD Graphics

PACKARD BELL EasyNote LE69KB-1145NL8

17,3 inch LED • AMD E1-2500 • 4 GB • 500 GB HDD • AMD Radeon HD 8240

What kind of games? If their anything like full out games and not little fluffy games then a 3-500 range wont do it for games.

If just fluffy games like candy crush for example then Id recommend a chromebook or probably the better choice would be a windows tablet. Don't get an ipad. They are limited in what you can do. Ipad doesnt even have a USB, so that right there should turn people off.

Edit, saw you need it for school. Dont get a chromebook. Look into a windows tablet.

Nothing special mostly older games like age of empires and morrowind,maybe some newer games on low graphics settings.

Between 300 and 500, I'd prolly have to go with 427.

Honestly, I wouldnt get anything that wasnt an Solid state drive. I couldn't go back. On a good day when my computer is completely shut down, and I hit the power button, I can be on the internet within 7-15 seconds.

That could cost a little more though.

Honestly, I wouldnt get anything that wasnt an Solid state drive. I couldn't go back. On a good day when my computer is completely shut down, and I hit the power button, I can be on the internet within 7-15 seconds.

That could cost a little more though.

what about this one?

HP Pavilion G7-2301ED

I just bought a Dell laptop for around $400 about a month ago. Had a Toshiba for years before that which I grabbed for around $500. Both great for what you're looking for. I got both at Best Buy. But there's some online retailers like pcmall.com and tigerdirect.com which specialize in computers and whatnot you can compare with. Also, you can try google shop and just set the price range filter for a laptop search.

Back