THE ELDER SCROLLS VI ***Confirmed Xbox exclusive, won't arrive until 2026***

Tamriel Terror

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.itechpost.com/articles/6...e-date-update-bethesdas-pete-hines-denies.htm

Recently, Bethesda's Pete Hines made fun of the fan predictions about Elder Scrolls VI. He clearly seems to step away from the Elder Scroll VI's 2017 release date predictions. However, fans are not giving up about the Elder Scrolls VI, as they believe that Bethesda is only hiding their development of the game. Rumors suggest that the game is already in the development process, though the evidence is still vague.

Pete Hines Making Fun OfElder Scroll VIFan Predictions

The recent Tweet of Pete Hines, which can be seen below, shows that he is only making fun about the Elder Scrolls VI predictions. However, Hines' tweet did not confirm that Elder Scrolls IV will never happen at all. It is known that Bethesda already announced that Elder Scrolls VI is not coming now, but may come in the near future. Even though dates are not confirmed by the company, it is believed that the development of the game will soon begin.

Michael Pacher, a well-known analyst, made a prediction that Elder Scroll VI will happen in 2017. This was the prediction that Hines are making fun off. However, Pacher replied "Am pretty sure Pete and Todd are talking dog years." This is because of Bethesda's confirmation about Elder Scrolls VI, as the company's designer Todd Howard said that the game is a "very long ways off."

Sorry @michaelpachter but you totally punted this one. You should listen to me (and Todd) more often. :) https://t.co/PBodzub2sv

— Pete Hines (@DCDeacon) December 27, 2016

What To Expect From The Future OfElder ScrollsFranchise?

Even though Bethesda confirmed that Elder Scrolls VI's development will take a very long time to start, it is a great sign for the fans that Bethesda is also looking forward to the game. However, the release dates are still being predicted by fans. It is mostly believed that a new hint for Elder Scrolls VI will be revealed next year. Rumors also suggest that the creation of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is a warm-up for the company, as they begin their development for a new Elder Scrolls game.

At this point of time, fans can only wait for more confirmations from Bethesda about the game. The only thing that is clear for now is that it may take a while before the game's development. Maybe two or three years from now, which is believed by the fans, though it is yet to be confirmed by Bethesda. Fans can only hope the company will announce a new update for the game, maybe a new timeline for Elder Scroll VI's development.

Cliffs:
-nobody has a damn clue when its gonna come out
-renowned analyst said 2017, but Hines shut it down kinda

Either way, what do you guys want out of Elder Scrolls VI?
Personally I want:

-more magical feel, more variety of enemies, and better guilds which Oblivion had all of and Skyrim lacked
-settlement building like fallout with craft able resources ( ability to make camps, cabins, castles, small villages, etc.)
-far better combat than Skyrim
-I also think it will be based in Valenwood since Cyrodiil, Morrowind, Skyrim, Hammerfell, etc. have all been done. (Dream would be someone connecting all the lands at some point down the road). The only issue is Valenwood is basically just a forest, blackmarsh is just a marsh, etc. Cyrodiil is the GOAT landscape because its diverse. The only remaining areas seem smaller and basic

Last edited:
Hoping for continued improvement in the settlement buildings. Continued improvement in dungeon uniqueness and side quests.

Skyrim is an incredible game and in many ways is better than FO4 which was released much later. If they can bring over the settlement building from FO4 for ES 6 it will be amazing.

No matter what, though, I'm going to be consumed by it.

Hoping for continued improvement in the settlement buildings. Continued improvement in dungeon uniqueness and side quests.

Skyrim is an incredible game and in many ways is better than FO4 which was released much later. If they can bring over the settlement building from FO4 for ES 6 it will be amazing.

No matter what, though, I'm going to be consumed by it.
I cant wait. If it has settlement building and i can craft small houses, tents, cabins, villages, etc. I will be consumed by just that aspect lol. Thats one thing fallout 4 did great. Building and collecting resources it added so much depth

I cant wait. If it has settlement building and i can craft small houses, tents, cabins, villages, etc. I will be consumed by just that aspect lol. Thats one thing fallout 4 did great. Building and collecting resources it added so much depth

The settlement building was amazing. I loved it and actually want to play FO 4 just to do it again. Just think how great it can be if they add to it, and iron out all of the kinks they had with the interface.

The settlement building was amazing. I loved it and actually want to play FO 4 just to do it again. Just think how great it can be if they add to it, and iron out all of the kinks they had with the interface.
i can just imagine...building small little camps if i want to do like a hunters/marksman outcast type build, or a small village where i'm the ruler and a badass warrior type build....so much potential left to the imagination! PLEASE COM OUT NEXT YEAR

I also kind of hope it has VR support.

I hate how Skyrim feels like they had another DLC planned that was never released with the Thalmor and shit.

Pratcher is renowned? Hasn't he been wrong way more than has been right?

I'd love another game set in morrowind before the red mountain incident. Skywind will probably never be released.

Better settlement building would be great.

Less bugs would be even better

Should have led with this instead of building hype around a support title. That was clumsy PR.

Bethesda teases The Elder Scrolls VI
Bethesda officially announced the existence of the sixth game in its long-running Elder Scrolls series, known right now as simply Elder Scrolls VI, at its E3 press conference this evening. We know almost nothing about the game, and Bethesda confirmed it with a very short teaser trailer showing an expansive environment with mountains and wilderness before the logo flashed on the screen.

***Nov-2021 Update***
Gamespot confirms TES VI will be an Xbox/PC Exclusive

Last edited:
Nice. I'm hoping it's Hammerfell. The sword combat needs to be overhauled and they'll be looking at The Witcher 3 for sure. Maybe even some aspects of Breath of the Wild in other areas too.

No matter what, they need to hire plenty of voice actors this time around.

I think that is High Rock.

If they combined High Rock and Hammerfall into one game, they would really have a massive and varied world to work with, and I have a hunch from the teaser that may be what they end up doing

Nah, they did it correctly. If they started with ES6, nobody would've given a shit about all of their subsequent titles, and would've ended the conference on a low rather than a high. By saving ES6 for last, nobody's talking about the extremely out-of-place musical performance, the awkward speeches from earlier, the lack of enthusiasm for Legends, Doom, Quake, etc. It was done perfectly.

I think that is High Rock.

If they combined High Rock and Hammerfall into one game, they would really have a massive and varied world to work with, and I have a hunch from the teaser that may be what they end up doing
Please let it be High Rock, as Bretons are my favorite race.

What hunch do you get, btw?

Pretty weak "announcement". Game won't be out for 5+ years. It isn't even the next AAA title they're working on. It's not like people thought they would just abandon the series. Honestly, they should've saved this "announcement" for a few years.

They don't even have a title yet, which probably means they just started working on it as of last week.

I'm curious to see if they will raise the bar for open world RPGs like the Witcher did.

Nah, they did it correctly. If they started with ES6, nobody would've given a shit about all of their subsequent titles, and would've ended the conference on a low rather than a high. By saving ES6 for last, nobody's talking about the extremely out-of-place musical performance, the awkward speeches from earlier, the lack of enthusiasm for Legends, Doom, Quake, etc. It was done perfectly.
No, it wasn't.

It's the best you can do if all you have is a teaser trailer for a game in pre-production after that opening blunder. If they had more to show off they could have led with TES VI, got everyone's eyes on them and excited, rolled out their other stuff, and people wouldn't become impatient because they would know more on TES VI was coming later. So then finish with a closer look at the main game.

Part of me wonders if this was planned, or it was hastily thrown together damage control. The very fact they're having to talk about a "lack of enthusiasm" indicates they didn't understand how to properly generate enthusiasm for those lesser titles.

At the very least...don't open with a huge, tantalizing teaser announcement, "We're going to make an announcement", and then keep everyone on the edge of their seats for half a day just to roll out...Fallout 76. That's the-boy-who-cried-wolf stuff right there.

Water under the bridge, I suppose. All anyone cared about was this.

Now deliver.

Last edited:
i think they made this trailer just to shut people up about if a new elder scrolls game is coming or not

Back