Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

t's common relative to other sports I guess. It's just that lots of guys stop training as hard after they had reached their goal wether it be a major belt or FOTY. Most steep drop offs off the top of my head were Muangthai and Kaensak (started getting more serious with his girl the year after the second FOTY).
And it's not just lackluster performances, it's that they don't want to fight anymore, if they don't take it seriously, the gym doesn't want to send them out there.

do you think Muangthai's is that bad? he's on an a bad roll for sure but even recently, I was more impressed with Puenkon going from beating everyone and looking great to getting head kick KOed and turning into a journeyman (I believe he got back to a middle of the ground position by now. I actually like watching him fight even in defeats). Petwason went from Raja FOTY, long winning streak and beating Kaonar to looking hopeless, barely throwing meaningful strikes in a string of bad losses. also Pet-U-Thong after KOing Panpayak has looked like he can't bother fighting hard (even then is still one of the most skilled guys in the sport). Thaksinlek maybe belongs there too. all of these guys' dropoffs seem similar or worse to Muangthai's IMO.

Petwason was a really big fighter back before 2018. He's currently on a *really* bad streak with 3 losses in a row to Extra and 1 to Yamin. 2-6-1 since the start of 2018. Before that, he was 2017 Rajadamnern Stadium Fighter of the Year and I think made the shortlist for FOTY.

In 2017, he fought from apparently 116 (only once, usually lowest at 121) to 130. Fought the whole year in 3 divisions with wins over Mongkolchai, Petdam, Superbank and Kaonar, drew Tawanchai. He went 8-1-1 that year.

He hasn't disappeared, he just took a break after his 3 losses to Extra then Covid hit, prob in bad shape rn but he('s young (under 21), can still make a comeback.

wow then he ~17 years old when he had his great run in 2017! he kind of outclassed Petdam, Superbak and Petnamngam, drew with Tawanchai during Tawanchai's long undefeated run, beat Kaonar in early 2018 iirc. then he had to face Pet-U-Thong, got outclassed himself and looked like he lost his soul in that fight. hope he can make a good comeback, he looked pretty well rounded when he was on.

Yamin looked really skilled to me too. there was something about PKSaenchaigym wanting to trade him some time ago. any news on that?

you can’t see any of my instagram posts? petuthong was warned by his boss but with thanonchai having to pull out, he got out of that for now
I can see them from my computer. From my phone i think mostly not

I can see them from my computer. From my phone i think mostly not

strange, would have thought the other way around when you mentioned that it wasn’t loading for you.

anyone else with that problem?

do you think Muangthai's is that bad? he's on an a bad roll for sure but even recently, I was more impressed with Puenkon going from beating everyone and looking great to getting head kick KOed and turning into a journeyman (I believe he got back to a middle of the ground position by now. I actually like watching him fight even in defeats). Petwason went from Raja FOTY, long winning streak and beating Kaonar to looking hopeless, barely throwing meaningful strikes in a string of bad losses. also Pet-U-Thong after KOing Panpayak has looked like he can't bother fighting hard (even then is still one of the most skilled guys in the sport). Thaksinlek maybe belongs there too. all of these guys' dropoffs seem similar or worse to Muangthai's IMO.
no, Muangthai is definitely still a top fighter but I couldn't think of many fighters at the time with such a bad and sudden decline.
wow then he ~17 years old when he had his great run in 2017! he kind of outclassed Petdam, Superbak and Petnamngam, drew with Tawanchai during Tawanchai's long undefeated run, beat Kaonar in early 2018 iirc. then he had to face Pet-U-Thong, got outclassed himself and looked like he lost his soul in that fight. hope he can make a good comeback, he looked pretty well rounded when he was on.

Yamin looked really skilled to me too. there was something about PKSaenchaigym wanting to trade him some time ago. any news on that?
I think Yamin said that he didn't want to leave PK and that he would retire if they sidelined him or something like that.

strange, would have thought the other way around when you mentioned that it wasn’t loading for you.

anyone else with that problem?
no, all good here, both on phone and PC.

amateur thai boxing from songkhla

also, we previously talked about CP taking over management or outright buying the stadium. rumours. the army is still running the show, there will be some restructuring within the management team but it is expected that general rachit arunrangsee will stay on as president.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back