Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

amazing show tonight. Diesellek looked ripped, he was small but if he fights outside of the ONE circuit rn, he looks like he would be able to make 140. Tubtimtong did the impossible, KOs Praewprao to his 5th win in a row and snapped Praewprao's 5 fight win streak. About what I expected from Samingdet, maybe not the spectacular KO but how the fight went up until then.

Next fights at 112 seem fairly obvious if Kiatpet is willing to play ball again (should be easier since his guy won today). Rungnarai, Satanmuanglek, Praewprao, Sangae-Ngam, Banleurit and now, Tubtimtong, maybe Petsomjit and Petsommai too if they can still make the weight.

Bad night for Petyindee, most of their guys lost except for Petmorakot and Diesllek.

Inseetong vs Shadow is gonna even better than expected with the 100k bonus.

Last edited:
Who is inseetong?
Inseetong trained with Superjeng (who recently retired) under the same coach at Samangarment, he still trains there now. He's Thailand PAT Champion (defended it this February against Yodpiti). He's a great clincher but also good on the outside and is known for his flying attacks (knees mostly) and slickness. Late bloomer of sorts as he started his better form at around 22 (2015) and his best form was 2016-2017. He's now 27. Kiatpet guy who regularly fights out of Lumpinee Stadium. 6-3 since April last year when he beat Padsaenlek.

That's all I know about him.

Shame it's at 143, I'd love to see Diesellek at under 140. Could be a career renaissance. I don't think he's been this light since 2015 and before then, he was an elite fighter at 140 with his best win against prime Pakorn.
Looks like he's improved technically and experience wise since then.

Really like the big boy matchup between Nuenglanlek vs Chujaroen, think Chujaroen will take this one. At least I want him to.

Otherwise, looking forward more to Boonlong vs Puenkon, should be a great fight, not sure if Puenkon will be able to deal with Boonlong and the kicks.
Expect Petsaman to win comfortably.

I was impressed with Andersson in his defeat. Its nice to see a 26 year old foreigner who can already kick and clinch well. He defense looked pretty good too but theres not much you can do when Petchmorakot is standing across from you with MMA gloves on.

Really? I don't blame the guy at all but I'd never seen someone eat so many clean straight lefts before...the pace that Petchmorakot put on was remarkable. Andersson landed some punches but at some points in the fight Petchmorakot was striking as if he was doing padwork.

I also thought Yodpanomrung lost clearly and looked like shit.

Petchtanong losing like that was a shame, I really like watching him fight but he looked bloated and he always fights pretty nonchalantly. it's a thin line from that to just showing up for a pay check - hope that's not the case.

Last edited:
Inseetong trained with Superjeng (who recently retired) under the same coach at Samangarment, he still trains there now. He's Thailand PAT Champion (defended it this February against Yodpiti). He's a great clincher but also good on the outside and is known for his flying attacks (knees mostly) and slickness. Late bloomer of sorts as he started his better form at around 22 (2015) and his best form was 2016-2017. He's now 27. Kiatpet guy who regularly fights out of Lumpinee Stadium. 6-3 since April last year when he beat Padsaenlek.

That's all I know about him.

you could provide more breakdowns like this about other fighters.

e.g. what happened to Petwason? (can't remember his gym name). The lanky guy who drew with Tawanchai and beat Kaonar then vanished. his and other cases look to me like something along the lines of what was posted about Pet-U-Thong in the previous page - guys getting benched for lackluster performance (I believe Puenkon wen thru something like that too after he won Fighter of the year award). is that common or am I tripping?

you could provide more breakdowns like this about other fighters.

e.g. what happened to Petwason? (can't remember his gym name). The lanky guy who drew with Tawanchai and beat Kaonar then vanished. his and other cases look to me like something along the lines of what was posted about Pet-U-Thong in the previous page - guys getting benched for lackluster performance (I believe Puenkon wen thru something like that too after he won Fighter of the year award). is that common or am I tripping?
It's common relative to other sports I guess. It's just that lots of guys stop training as hard after they had reached their goal wether it be a major belt or FOTY. Most steep drop offs off the top of my head were Muangthai and Kaensak (started getting more serious with his girl the year after the second FOTY).
And it's not just lackluster performances, it's that they don't want to fight anymore, if they don't take it seriously, the gym doesn't want to send them out there.

Also, I really don't know that much about individual fighters, I did a small study on Inseetong and a technical breakdown a few months ago after his fight in February. I'll look into Pewason tho I can't guarantee anything.

Last edited:
what happened to Petwason?
Petwason was a really big fighter back before 2018. He's currently on a *really* bad streak with 3 losses in a row to Extra and 1 to Yamin. 2-6-1 since the start of 2018. Before that, he was 2017 Rajadamnern Stadium Fighter of the Year and I think made the shortlist for FOTY.

In 2017, he fought from apparently 116 (only once, usually lowest at 121) to 130. Fought the whole year in 3 divisions with wins over Mongkolchai, Petdam, Superbank and Kaonar, drew Tawanchai. He went 8-1-1 that year.

He hasn't disappeared, he just took a break after his 3 losses to Extra then Covid hit, prob in bad shape rn but he('s young (under 21), can still make a comeback.

jamsak supermuay vs. nakrob fairtex

Last edited:
Haha, that fight between Nakrob and JameSak. Round of the year contender imo.

If he comes in with bad form (weight) or delivers a disappointing performance, he will be sidelined indefinitely.
He is on a pretty good winning streak right now though. Especially against Rungkit it was a great performance.

Back