Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

a bit disappointed in the tk final, the tourney started years ago and I thought it had better names back then? i didnt follow it apart from the first event
this was the final for the 2nd top king tournament. Reece Mcaleister won the first one that had buakaw in the field

More videos on the same YouTube account. Cant be asked to upload them all:

Wanchalerms loss to Adrien Rubis shows the greatness of Thongchai who TKO'ed Adrien in his last fight. Not sure how Adrien is in the final and Thongchai isn't but my guess is Thongchai must of dropped out. Under MuayThai I don't think anyone can beat Thongchai at his weight atm. I have been saying this for a while but Thongchai is a big deal but I think he's rising under most peoples radar due to his style. His style can be one dimensional at times but that doesnt change how effective he is. In a few years I would love to see Thongchai in Glory fighting at 77kg. He is only 19 and has time to develop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised Adrien didn't get knocked down by the 2 elbows from Wanchalerm. Good performance by Adrien though, used his hieght advantage well.

...and he trains at Sitsongpeenong!

Holy shit!!!
LOL Whether it has anything to do with Sitsongpeenong or not is beside the point. I would say the same if he was at any gym. I'm talking specifically about Thongchai now. Top King isn't Thai Fight. The fights are competitive and they bring in good foreigners. So far Buakaw has lost and now Kem just got demolished. Adrien is a great fighter who has a good height advantage and we saw that just now with Wanchalerm but when he fought Thongchai he got dominated!

Thongchai for the last few years has consistently dominated and beat up some of the best competition at his weight since his fight with Toby Smith in January 2014 which I had Thongchai winning. In all his TopKing fights he has bullied his way through everyone, has shown he has a great chin and has shown improvement with his hands and etc. The fact that he's doing all this at 19 shows he has a bright future if he consistently develops over the years. There has never been a Thai fighter like Thongchai at his weight.

But can he stand a chance against McGOAT in a caged muay thai fight?

But can he stand a chance against McGOAT in a caged muay thai fight?
Definitely not. Even if Thongchai outweights McGOAT by 10 plus KG. No one beats McGOAT in the eyes of MMA fans.

Definitely not. Even if Thongchai outweights McGOAT by 10 plus KG. No one beats McGOAT in the eyes of MMA fans.
Im curious, how much do people cut for muay thai in thailand? Is it same day weigh in or day before? McGregor was supposedly like 78~79 kg on fight night (seems high even with a massive weight cut but what do I know).

More videos on the same YouTube account. Cant be asked to upload them all:

Wanchalerms loss to Adrien Rubis shows the greatness of Thongchai who TKO'ed Adrien in his last fight. Not sure how Adrien is in the final and Thongchai isn't but my guess is Thongchai must of dropped out. Under MuayThai I don't think anyone can beat Thongchai at his weight atm. I have been saying this for a while but Thongchai is a big deal but I think he's rising under most peoples radar due to his style. His style can be one dimensional at times but that doesnt change how effective he is. In a few years I would love to see Thongchai in Glory fighting at 77kg. He is only 19 and has time to develop:

There has never been a Thai fighter like Thongchai at his weight

Or it could be Thongchai is a real 160+ pound fighter and Wanchalerm isn't. OMG!

Too bad when they were the same size a few years ago his greatness was dominated and knocked out.

But now he has Sitsongpeenong and da strengf program!

How long until Sitthichai and Thongchai become the two greatest fighter ever? On pace for a 2017 claim?

Im curious, how much do people cut for muay thai in thailand? Is it same day weigh in or day before? McGregor was supposedly like 78~79 kg on fight night (seems high even with a massive weight cut but what do I know).

8-15 pounds is about the norm.

Or it could be Thongchai is a real 160+ pound fighter and Wanchalerm isn't. OMG!

Too bad when they were the same size a few years ago his greatness was dominated and knocked out.

But now he has Sitsongpeenong and da strengf program!

How long until Sitthichai and Thongchai become the two greatest fighter ever? On pace for a 2017 claim?

The fight was at 75KG and Adrian is naturally bigger then both Thongchai and Wanchalerm. Wanchalerm hasnt grown into that weight as well as Thongchai yet but I wasn't just rating Thongchai based off both their fights against Adrian. I've been following Thongchai for a while and I have seen the progress. I see huge potential like I do with many other fighters but what separates Thongchai for me at the moment is his size, strength and his age.

Thongchai has fought as high as 77KG and has taken hard punches from heavy handed punchers without much issue which is more important then people think. Skills can be developed with time and patience when your dealing with a fighter who is only 19 but stuff like a weak chin is genetic and can be a fighters kryptonite.

Thongchai was TKO'ed with body shots from Wanchalerm a few years ago not KO'ed which can happen to many fighters. Doesn't mean Wanchalerm is the better fighter especially not now.

Not sure where your going with this "Strength program" talk. I have never been that guy that talks about strength and conditioning. And this is 2015 Sitsongpeenong are not the only camp in Thailand that have their fighters do strength training which I think can do more harm then good.

What I like about Sitsongpeenong is their not afraid to try new things whilst still keeping it within the Thai tradition of training. Like bringing in this American boxing trainer to work with their fighters who has worked with fighters like Fedor Emelianenko, Gokhan Saki and many other greats. Most Thai camps wouldn't do that. They have Thai's working with the fighters for their fight training and only bring in foreigners when it comes to strength and conditioning.

I cant remember the trainers name but the proof is there. You can see the difference since sittichai started working with him for his Kunlun and Glory fights all the way back to his Kunlun debut against Murthel and Souwer.
He has gotten better. LOL and Sittichai has to beat Yod under MT and beat Petrosyan under K1 before I consider him one of the greatest at his weight and Thongchai has long way to go so all sarcasm a side I doubt very much they will be seen as the greatest ever by 2017:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of adriens fights were superfights. Not part of tournament

Sanny needs to get on that horse meat diet. It looks like his strikes have zero effect on people. He's fun to watch at least.

Maybe some cross-fit would set him straight, or get on board with Sitsongpeenong and become the GOAT.

The fight was at 75KG and Adrian is naturally bigger then both Thongchai and Wanchalerm. Wanchalerm hasnt grown into that weight as well as Thongchai yet but I wasn't just rating Thongchai based off both their fights against Adrian. I've been following Thongchai for a while and I have seen the progress. I see huge potential like I do with many other fighters but what separates Thongchai for me at the moment is his size, strength and his age.

Thongchai has fought as high as 77KG and has taken hard punches from heavy handed punchers without much issue which is more important then people think. Skills can be developed with time and patience when your dealing with a fighter who is only 19 but stuff like a weak chin is genetic and can be a fighters kryptonite.

Thongchai was TKO'ed with body shots from Wanchalerm a few years ago not KO'ed which can happen to many fighters. Doesn't mean Wanchalerm is the better fighter especially not now.

Not sure where your going with this "Strength program" talk. I have never been that guy that talks about strength and conditioning. And this is 2015 Sitsongpeenong are not the only camp in Thailand that have their fighters do strength training which I think can do more harm then good.

What I like about Sitsongpeenong is their not afraid to try new things whilst still keeping it within the Thai tradition of training. Like bringing in this American boxing trainer to work with their fighters who has worked with fighters like Fedor Emelianenko, Gokhan Saki and many other greats. Most Thai camps wouldn't do that. They have Thai's working with the fighters for their fight training and only bring in foreigners when it comes to strength and conditioning.

I cant remember the trainers name but the proof is there. You can see the difference since sittichai started working with him for his Kunlun and Glory fights all the way back to his Kunlun debut against Murthel and Souwer.
He has gotten better. LOL and Sittichai has to beat Yod under MT and beat Petrosyan under K1 before I consider him one of the greatest at his weight and Thongchai has long way to go so all sarcasm a side I doubt very much they will be seen as the greatest ever by 2017:

I don't see how he's any different now than he was in 2013 when he was getting dommed by Jomthong, Nong-O, Petboonchu and Wanchalerm.

Thongchai may be a little better. I don't really see it, but it's hard to say he's so much better when his success has come from beating mostly poor fighters. Of course that will make most fighters look better. I mean, look at Thongchai against Peemai Jitmuangnon and Rungrawee PKSaenchai, his last two Thai opponents. Do those performances really make you think he's something special? Just assume he never fought foreign guys and was fighting Thais and winning and losing decisions just like against those two fighters. Would you still have this opinion of him?

It's just like when you made that thread about Yodwicha. He punched, kicked and dominated Bobo Sacko and suddenly you think he's hot shit.

Back