Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty sure that somrak v yodwanpet fight is going down under special rules were yodwanpet can fight with all techniques but somrak can only box and use dumps in the clinch. I read somewhere somrak is not even allowed to shin check kicks but I am not sure if that is true or not

Yes he can only punch, use limited clinch in clouding being able to turn his opponent off balance, he isn't a lowed to block with legs so if he lifts his leg up to block a kick one time it gets a warning if he does it again then he automatically loses

Do these gimmick fights actually bring out "fans?" The gamblers really do bet on this crap?

Ya that no check clause is pretty ridiculous. So all he can do is eat it or try to evade. Strange fight. Rest of the card is stacked tho!

Do these gimmick fights actually bring out "fans?" The gamblers really do bet on this crap?

The promoter is gambling that it will, big purse for Somrak to get him to fight. He in the past managed to sell out both Ratchadamnern and Lumpini with his comeback fights and they are obviously hoping there is still the same level of interest in his name alone. As for betting, well Thai's do love a bet on most things so will probably be a fair bit of betting on it in different forms.

The promoter is gambling that it will, big purse for Somrak to get him to fight. He in the past managed to sell out both Ratchadamnern and Lumpini with his comeback fights and they are obviously hoping there is still the same level of interest in his name alone. As for betting, well Thai's do love a bet on most things so will probably be a fair bit of betting on it in different forms.

I understand the intrigue for his return fight against Jomhod, but I would think his presence wouldn't be a big deal at this point seeing as his fights have all been junk even the Toyota events. I guess people just want to see a spectacle and that "Olympic hero" stuff won't ever leave him?

If these "freak show" fights are a hit, they should try other stuff that isn't even as ridiculous. Flip the scoring for a fight between two clinchers and that way we see them jab and throw hands a little bit. I mean, why not? It took Superbank doing ammy boxing to see he was a slick skillful boxer. I don't know, it's just depressing to see these brilliant fighters HAVING to fight a certain way to be successful and knowing so many of them have more to offer than what we see. God this sport is fucked up. *goes and cries*

I could just imagine finally getting the yodvicha vs saenchai rematch but Yodvicha could not knee or off balance and saenchai is only allowed to score from the clinch

All the great clinchers are actually great boxer it seems.
Petboonchu just won some kind of gold metal in amateur boxing. source: facebook

14627_1568577566760403_1178275765800176709_n.jpg

him winning an amatuer tournament doesnt make him a "great boxer" though

Well a lot are highly competitive. Dunno about this one though.
Still remarkable/surprising for someone who does 3 entire rounds absolutely nothing and then just clinches to win his fights.

anyone knows what the ref says to the fighters during the fight?

From today:

Muangthai PK.Saenchaimuaythai (131.5lbs,RED) vs Parnpetch Kiatjaroenchai (133.5lbs,BLUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back