Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers/MT fighters in MMA

Arek Wrzosek vs Artur Szpilka (boxer who turned MMA-fighter and is 2-0 in the sport, in boxing he fought the likes of Deontay Wilder and Dereck Chisora) is set to headline KSW 78 on January 28

Arek Wrzosek vs Artur Szpilka (boxer who turned MMA-fighter and is 2-0 in the sport, in boxing he fought the likes of Deontay Wilder and Dereck Chisora) is set to headline KSW 78 on January 28

Aline Pereira (Poatan’s sister) is set to make her MMA-debut at LFA 147 on November 10.

upload_2022-11-1_19-3-2.jpeg

Interesting how her stance, footwork and body movement is extremely similar to her brothers'. It looks like a female version of Alex Pereira.
Yeah indeed hahah.
She actually has kind of the same fighting style as her brother Alex, very upright stance

Junior Tafa will fight in a heavyweight MMA-bout at Brave 66, on November 26

Junior Tafa will fight in a heavyweight MMA-bout at Rizin 40, on December 31

Cédric Doumbé is set for to fight for MMA Grand Prix, Dec 17

After what Adessanya and Perreira did Im pretty hyped for Doumbe's MMA career.

I actually think his fighting style isn't well suited for MMA and welterweight is a wrestling heavy division. I might be wrong but I don't think he'll be doing that well in MMA.

After what Adessanya and Perreira did Im pretty hyped for Doumbe's MMA career.

I said this a while back but as Tayski said, welterweight has always been a wrestler-heavy division in mma, and Doumbe had reckless and open style of kickboxing that wrestlers would eat for lunch. Also, make no mistake Alex's reign won't last long, he'll get taken down and laid on/subbed within 1 or 2 fights, i hate to say it but it's true.

I said this a while back but as Tayski said, welterweight has always been a wrestler-heavy division in mma, and Doumbe had reckless and open style of kickboxing that wrestlers would eat for lunch. Also, make no mistake Alex's reign won't last long, he'll get taken down and laid on/subbed within 1 or 2 fights, i hate to say it but it's true.

While we agree on Doumbe, I'm not so sure that Pereira is destined to lose within 1 or 2 fights by a grappler. Whittaker would be a bad match-up but I think Peireira would eventually find his chin in a 5-round fight, and I don't think guys like Vettori or Gastelum have what it takes for Pereira. Actually what would be a nightmare match-up for Peireira is if he fought Chimaev, but for that Chimaev would have to go up in weight and get the title shot. If Adesanya was able to dominate that divison with a bit of takedown defense I'm confident Pereira can too, he just needs to really work on his grappling.

Back