Recent fights/results/news from China

Yodwicha Banchamek, let's do this shit.

He also needs to get on whatever horsemeat diet Buakaw is on now.

6 feet 155 pounds world-class fighter with boosted picograms would be a wrecking machine.

I'll wait until more info comes out before getting too excited. He's just posing in a picture next to Buakaw with a Banchamek shirt on.

Supposedly was announced yesterday at All Star Fight as well.

Kunlun Fight 80
February 24, 2019
Shanghai, China

70 kg finals & HW Tournament
Dx_9BCLUwAACag3.jpg:large

Ristie is old and coming from a huge time off, i hope he get a coulpe of fights to warm up before this.
This. They need to throw Ristie a few cans first. Coming back from a long layoff against Marat is a very bad idea. He's one of the most active and dangerous Kickboxers on the planet.

Would imagine Ristie fighting a tournament fight straight in. Prior years would've probably gotten couple easy fights but now if the tournament is shorter, not sure how many easier fights there might be. Still, doubt Kunlun would do Marat-Ristie immediately as they're both names worth having around. Also, Marat still in Glory unless someone knows differently :p

Hey glory Staff reader, some words on why Grigorian should be fighting in china ASAP:

I think Nick Hemmers needs to direct Marat back to Kunlun, he cant beat Sitthichai, and if he loses again to him he is going down on KB history books and the first guy to be 0-5 against a opponent on KB.

Marat can beat up and knock out a lot of people in china, he is a big name in there especially with the big KO he inflicted on Superbon, he haves a career that can be built in there( they also pay more) and be way more promissing than on glory where he fights 3x a year, ending it losing to Sitthichai always...

In china he is known, he beat known opponents at chinese KB scene Aikpracha(KO), Jomthong(KO), Mezouari ( beat him up), Zuev( Beat him up) and 2016 kunlun champ( that he knocked out cold to claim the 2017 crown).

Its stupid to think that he isnt fighting in china, the logical path is continuing to build his career in china, He gets paid more, haves more recognition, had( and still having if he takes part of 2019 tournament) possibility to be the champ, fights more often...

Come on, Marat fighting in China is better for everyone, including the gym who gets more money and prestige on a huge and dinamic market ;)

I would imagine Nick Hemmers or whoever there handles his management would have to make that move once obligations with Glory are complete, but I think it would be better for Marat's career. I wonder if moving up or down in weight is possible for him?

I would imagine Nick Hemmers or whoever there handles his management would have to make that move once obligations with Glory are complete, but I think it would be better for Marat's career. I wonder if moving up or down in weight is possible for him?
Marat is a great fighter but he mainly relies on overpowering his opponents. I think he cuts a lot of weight to make 155 and re hydrates so he can have a size/power advantage like many other fighters do. The problem with that is if he moves up to 170 I think he will still do pretty well but maybe not as well since he will no longer have a significant size advantage.

Just like what Floyd said about GGG: He's just straight up and down. No special effects. He just walks forward on a seek and destroy mission whilst making that typical Dutch steroid grunt.

Marat is a great fighter but he mainly relies on overpowering his opponents. I think he cuts a lot of weight to make 155 and re hydrates so he can have a size/power advantage like many other fighters do. The problem with that is if he moves up to 170 I think he will still do pretty well but maybe not as well since he will no longer have a significant size advantage.

Just like what Floyd said about GGG: He's just straight up and down. No special effects. He just walks forward on a seek and destroy mission whilst making that typical Dutch steroid grunt.
I don't think he necessarily cuts more weight than others but yeah he is stronger overall. I just think guys like Nabiev and Doumbe are too slick for him, and guys like Harut would just be too strong. I don't think he could afford to use the same walk forward style. Against Groenhart i think he has a solid chance of winning.

Sittichai on the other hand i think could do well at 77 kg if he manages the weight jump properly. Would be interesting to see Sittichai at 77 kg and Petpanomrung at 70 kg.

Sittichai on the other hand i think could do well at 77 kg if he manages the weight jump properly. Would be interesting to see Sittichai at 77 kg and Petpanomrung at 70 kg.
Pet cuts a lot of weight. I can see him doing well at 70kg and even beat Sittichai based off styles making fights. Sittichai stands around 75kg last I heard. He maintains his weight well. He could put on more weight but that comes with jomthong side effects unless he Pacquiaos his way thru it but you'd need an Alex Ariza level of knowledge which im not sure is available for someone like Sittichai. He could stay at his weight and risk getting manhandled around like @Snubnoze707 wife.

Pet cuts a lot of weight. I can see him doing well at 70kg and even beat Sittichai based off styles making fights. Sittichai stands around 75kg last I heard. He maintains his weight well. He could put on more weight but that comes with jomthong side effects unless he Pacquiaos his way thru it but you'd need an Alex Ariza level of knowledge which im not sure is available for someone like Sittichai. He could stay at his weight and risk getting manhandled around like @Snubnoze707 wife.
Petpanomrung looks to be heavier than what Buakaw was in K-1 Max in 2014. Not sure how he gained so much weight so fast...

Sitthichai could gain a couple of pounds and fight on WW( even dont being a natural WW) would still beat up everyone on the weight class( maybe not Doumbe), his talent can deal with the size advantage, but i think he should stay at LW where he already haves the crown

about Pet i think he could also move up but FW there are interesting fights left, opposite to Sitthichai´s LW oposition...

Well I'm not married, but I've certainly manhandled women and thrown them in a full nelson. Not sure why you're bringing that up though.
I think @Kanka wanted to like my "manhandling your wife" comment but wasn't sure if you were married. Thanks for clearing that up for him.

Honestly @Julius_Caesar should become the EsNews "Ellie Seckbach" of kickboxing, he would just go to the gyms and talk about science labs and shit that doesn't make sense, but it would attract attention to the sport.

I also think kickboxing needs more videos just showing the guys training or just chilling out. The Inside Glory videos just make no sense and is really awkard. They just show a guy arriving at the airport 5 seconds, then switch to another guy arriving at the airport, and then some 5 seconds of another guy training etc... no coherent structure at all. At least with all the stupid questions by guys like Ellie you get to know the fighters a bit better. When i mentioned that Glory needs better promotional videos, someone on this forum said they can't do HBO type of promos because of budget restrictions, but i'm pretty sure they could do better with less of a budget

Honestly @Julius_Caesar should become the EsNews "Ellie Seckbach" of kickboxing, he would just go to the gyms and talk about science labs and shit that doesn't make sense, but it would attract attention to the sport.

I also think kickboxing needs more videos just showing the guys training or just chilling out. The Inside Glory videos just make no sense and is really awkard. They just show a guy arriving at the airport 5 seconds, then switch to another guy arriving at the airport, and then some 5 seconds of another guy training etc... no coherent structure at all. At least with all the stupid questions by guys like Ellie you get to know the fighters a bit better. When i mentioned that Glory needs better promotional videos, someone on this forum said they can't do HBO type of promos because of budget restrictions, but i'm pretty sure they could do better with less of a budget

the problem is that: the people who are supposed to be responsable about it, dont know shit about the sport and the fighters...

Petpanomrung could be promoted as the "happy humble guy who barely speaks english" that worked out well with Pacquiao back in the day when he started to fight in US and barely knew who to speak english, but started to get covered for being a hell of a fighter and for his persona, mentioning also the interesting differences in both cultures.

im not saying that Pet would be famous as Pacquiao if glory put some effort on it, but it would obviously have much more people turning attention on him because they know him a little bit better, not just as a awesome fighter...

Glory haves fighters that can be way more developed to the big public to like and turn the tv to watch him, but they are stuck on doing the promo´s of the event in the same formula as you said.

I truly believe that most kickboxing promotions are just money laundering machines for criminal organizations, corrupt politicians, evil corporations hahaha or maybe they exist to trick naive investors with too much money in their hands into flushing money down the toilet, who knows?

So I doubt these promotions really care about making a star, they just want to keep on pumping out these events to satisfy shareholders.

I truly believe that most kickboxing promotions are just money laundering machines for criminal organizations, corrupt politicians, evil corporations hahaha or maybe they exist to trick naive investors with too much money in their hands into flushing money down the toilet, who knows?

So I doubt these promotions really care about making a star, they just want to keep on pumping out these events to satisfy shareholders.
More stars = more profit for shareholders

Back