Recent fights/results/news from China

Creep :)) But I love the studio idea, it"s like TNA/Impact wrestling!

Just good thing China is a big country. More than 1 Kunlun branded event per day now. 3 tomorrow and 3 on Sunday. 2 B-level ones and 4 C-level.

Even though B/C doesn't always mean much. Next week probably one of the better City Hero cards so far. Buakaw and Fang Bian as guests for some reason too.
4vKlxnH.jpg

Last edited:
EM-Legend live also. This time streaming on Kunlun's app too, whatever that might mean.

Sergey/Sergei/Sergeii Kulyaba/Kuliaba, however you want to spell his name, won the 66 kg tournament. Always was a bit small for 70kg so guess this weight fits him much better. Basically all the tournament fights were quite even and fun.

DuebNxhW4AYyCtz.jpg:large

Today were awarded the only meaningful fight awards in China. Held for the 3rd time.
Awards for the promotions were kind of made up to please everyone kind of shit so I won't even bother posting them here.

The other awards were okay though I suppose, and maybe can give a glimpse into how the local liverkick.com and their readers might see things in China.

Best New Fighter: Banma Duoji (Kunlun Fight/WLF)
Best Male Fighter (Kickboxing): Qiu Jianliang (GoH)
Best Male Fighter (MMA): Li Jingliang (UFC)
Best Male Fighter (Boxing): Xu Can
Most Popular Male Fighter: Tie Yinghua (GoH)
Breakthrough Male (Kickboxing): Feng Xingli (Kunlun Fight)
Breakthrough Male (MMA): Song Yadong (UFC)
Breakthrough Male (Boxing): Baishanbo Nasiyiwula

Best Female Fighter (Kickboxing): Wang Kehan (Kunlun Fight)
Best Female Fighter (MMA): Zhang Weili (UFC/Kunlun Fight Fight)
Best Female Fighter (Boxing): Cai Zongju
Most Popular Female Fighter: Wang Kehan (Kunlun Fight)
Breakthrough Female (Kickboxing): Li Mingrui (Wu Lin Feng/Kunlun Fight)
Breakthrough Female (MMA): Xiong Jingnan (ONE/Kunlun Fight)
Breakthrough Female (Boxing): Yin Fan

Most Popular Pro Fight Club: Dadongxiang (GoH)
Most Popular Amateur Fight Club: Enbo

Best Broadcasters: Henan TV (Wu Lin Feng), Qinghai TV (various)

DvDSPT2X4AMmbHw.jpg

DvDSQA_XgAMQ22g.jpg

DvDSUN_WoAAy7I2.jpg

DvDSUrjWkAI4F2O.jpg

Some other stuff from the event:

2017 awards:

2016:
C1h2Pl9XgAEAtO7.jpg:large

Last edited:
Yodwichas kb fight last week. Sometime im reminded why he's still competing kickboxing under the radar. He still has a bit of work to do.

Zuev vs. Yodwicha Jan 12 on EM-Legend, streamed by Kunlun again.
Zuev is a pretty solid opponent that can give anyone a good fight but I don't think he has anything special to beat Yodwicha.

Yodwichas kb fight last week. Sometime im reminded why he's still competing kickboxing under the radar. He still has a bit of work to do.

He doesn't seem to take his opponent seriously, just trying to knock him out. Of course it will look bad when he doesn't get the knock out. If he fights better (non thai) guys like Allazov, Grigorian, Petrosyan i think it'll look different, whether he wins or not. The reason he "still has a bit of work to do" is probably because he is mostly facing bums and got used to this walking forward with punches style. He tried it against Mazzeti who is a solid fighter and almost paid for it, in muay thai rules.

Back