Recent fights/results/news from China

I find it so cheap when fighters challenge Buakaw...he's 36.
Marat should think about losing to sittichai 3 times in a raw and embarassing himself with yod instead of pr fighting a legend.
At the same time I'd love to see Marat dropped by a 36 yo

Oh fuck Bon....I had a feeling this would have happened and I'm not really surprised. I don't have much time lately to follow anything unfortunately but I had the feeling Bon is not training like he used to.
Or maybe he's now facing better competition? Before this fight the only really good kickboxer he's beaten is sittichai who has a thai style that he's used to. He fought a lot of C class chinese fighters and some other decent kickboxers but we hadn't till now seen him against a really good western fighter under kb like a Marat, Chingiz, Roosmalen, Kehl or even Petro. We've seen him against Kiria and Khamal but they are a level below.

Buakaw keeps beating guys from the main 70kg tournament field though so does make sense. They need to stop matching Buakaw with the same pool of fighters (but who'd he fight then?) or pay him enough to stick him in the tournament (which probably isn't happening).

I find it so cheap when fighters challenge Buakaw...he's 36.
Marat should think about losing to sittichai 3 times in a raw and embarassing himself with yod instead of pr fighting a legend.
At the same time I'd love to see Marat dropped by a 36 yo
I think Marat knows there's a lot of money behind fighting Buakaw. I don't think he cares about Buakaws age.

Tournaments need to go and all kb promotions need to make these fights 5 rounds. A fight like Yod vs Kehl would be a lot clearer if it went 5 rounds.

Tournaments rule! They gotta figure out something for the next tournament though. Yod coming back? Marat?
No point doing a 64-man tournament if the quality of fighters doesn't support it.

the reason for Marat, just like any other fighter with some brain,to fight Buakaw is clear but I still find the act to publicly challenge a legendary fighter who is 36 disrespectful, no matter if Buakaw can still drop marat or no matter his current state.

Tournaments rule! They gotta figure out something for the next tournament though. Yod coming back? Marat?
No point doing a 64-man tournament if the quality of fighters doesn't support it.
I meant I don't like seeing 2 fights in one night. One fighter could have a harder first fight than the other and its not really fair. Would prefer to see fighters face each other fresh in a 5 or even 6 round fight.

Tournaments need to go and all kb promotions need to make these fights 5 rounds. A fight like Yod vs Kehl would be a lot clearer if it went 5 rounds.
Well that wasn't part of a one night 4-man or something so nothing to do with tournaments there. Absolutely wouldn't mind longer non-tournament fights though.

Well that wasn't part of a one night 4-man or something so nothing to do with tournaments there. Absolutely wouldn't mind longer non-tournament fights though.
No I was just talking about 4 man one night tournaments in general. I don't like them.

the reason for Marat, just like any other fighter with some brain,to fight Buakaw is clear but I still find the act to publicly challenge a legendary fighter who is 36 disrespectful, no matter if Buakaw can still drop marat or no matter his current state.
Don't think this at all :p Call out the main guy who might be available to you if you want. 36, 40 whatever doesn't matter. Marat is the champ and doesn't have anyone else in Kunlun to call out right now but Buakaw. Doesn't hurt physically being at the same venue whilst doing it either.

Don't think this at all :p Call out the main guy who might be available to you. 36, 40 whatever doesn't matter.

will you show some respect for poor old grey decrepit buakaw!1!??
<DCrying>

Or maybe he's now facing better competition? Before this fight the only really good kickboxer he's beaten is sittichai who has a thai style that he's used to. He fought a lot of C class chinese fighters and some other decent kickboxers but we hadn't till now seen him against a really good western fighter under kb like a Marat, Chingiz, Roosmalen, Kehl or even Petro. We've seen him against Kiria and Khamal but they are a level below.
Chingiz is overrated. Knocked down by Manhoef and Kido

Chingiz is overrated. Knocked down by Manhoef and Kido
Being knocked down doesn't necessarily make you overrated but we'll see once he steps up in competition. A little while ago some on here were saying marat was overrated and Chingiz would beat Marat.

Being knocked down doesn't necessarily make you overrated but we'll see once he steps up in competition. A little while ago some on here were saying marat was overrated and Chingiz would beat Marat.
In top 10 people usually put
1. Sittichai
2. Marat/Superbon
3. Marat/Superbon
4. Chingiz Allazov

I was amazed by Chingiz when he won the K-1 tournament and thought he would beat Marat but after watching some more of his fights i don't think he is as good as i thought him to be. Alot of people thought Marat would give Superbon trouble i don't think it's a big upset or anything. He's not on Sittichais level though.

sooo they want yod to lose weight and fight qiu jianliang at 65 kg.....:rolleyes:

When did Buakaw start using the leaping hook?

Back