Reccomend me a workout routine for weight loss

Less reps of hand to mouth, jaw clenches and swallows would be a good start.

Thanks so much guys.

Im gonna try to drink diet sodas from now on. I hate drinking water, it is so boring so I will just stick to diet cokes now.

I might start doing Wii fit again.

Lol

6/10

Every pro athletic trainer disagrees with every single thing you said. I regret coming into this forum. It's still Sherdog. My bad.

He's pretty much right as I understand it.

This is a very useful site that reviews research on nutrients and supplements. Here is a relevant section of their FAQ:

http://examine.com/faq/what-should-i-eat-for-weight-loss/

The text:

In general, the macronutrient composition of a diet (how many of your calories come from dietary fats, carbohydrates, protein, and Alcohol) serves less of a role in weight loss attempts than does caloric intake overall; increased caloric intake as an independent variable is more than sufficient to explain the current obesity epidemic. There is insufficient evidence to support the role of high fructose corn syrup in inducing obesity

Independent of the macro composition of your diet, a net negative energy balance (consuming less calories than your body needs) is alone responsible for weight loss.

The key conclusion is supported by 17 citations (scientific studies with that conclusion).

Unlike you, I haven't been lucky enough to meet all "pro athletic trainers" in the world so I don't know what they think and proscribe. That being said, I think you will find that those who manage S&C/nutrition for pro athletes rarely use "fad diets" like low-carb, Paelo, IT and so on. These all involve (or rely on) limiting calorie consumption. Pro athletes rarely over eat and often under eat. Low carb can be positively harmful because carbs, especially simple and refined ones, are pretty much the best way to get loads of carbs. Try eating 5,000 calories a day of nuts, brocolli and meat. It's probably not do-able. If they want to avoid over-eating they need to pile on the potatoes, bread, hell maybe even ice cream and cake.

All this being said, this isn't the diet forum. Go there for better information and discussion.

He's pretty much right as I understand it.

This is a very useful site that reviews research on nutrients and supplements. Here is a relevant section of their FAQ:

http://examine.com/faq/what-should-i-eat-for-weight-loss/

The text:

The key conclusion is supported by 17 citations (scientific studies with that conclusion).

Unlike you, I haven't been lucky enough to meet all "pro athletic trainers" in the world so I don't know what they think and proscribe. That being said, I think you will find that those who manage S&C/nutrition for pro athletes rarely use "fad diets" like low-carb, Paelo, IT and so on. These all involve (or rely on) limiting calorie consumption. Pro athletes rarely over eat and often under eat. Low carb can be positively harmful because carbs, especially simple and refined ones, are pretty much the best way to get loads of carbs. Try eating 5,000 calories a day of nuts, brocolli and meat. It's probably not do-able. If they want to avoid over-eating they need to pile on the potatoes, bread, hell maybe even ice cream and cake.

All this being said, this isn't the diet forum. Go there for better information and discussion.

I think(at least hope) he is confusing caloric intake with composition and/or health which is very much effected by what kind of calories you are consuming but not weight loss. There was a guy that taught nutrition at a university I believe and he said it all came down to cico. To support this he went on an all junk food diet for like a month and lost like 20 pounds.

I think(at least hope) he is confusing caloric intake with composition and/or health which is very much effected by what kind of calories you are consuming but not weight loss. There was a guy that taught nutrition at a university I believe and he said it all came down to cico. To support this he went on an all junk food diet for like a month and lost like 20 pounds.

This one?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

Water is delicious...especially ice water.

So much better than cokes and sodas...if you don't see the light you are beyond help and it sucks to be you:

Generally speaking, detailed diet advice isn't in the scope of practice of S&C coaches or trainers. It's not their area of expertise. It'd be like talking to a dentist instead of a doctor about your high blood pressure.

Generally speaking, detailed diet advice isn't in the scope of practice of S&C coaches or trainers. It's not their area of expertise. It'd be like talking to a dentist instead of a doctor about your high blood pressure.

My dentist does my prostate exam.

Anything you will do.

Its a lifestyle change not a program you will follow for a bit.

Get serious about it. Stop drinking sugar, don't buy food that is unhealthy. Eat protein when snacking as it will kill the hunger. Reduce your portion sizes.

Exercise regularly. Team sports and activities are good because they are fun and you are encouraged to do more due to others involved.

Are you serious about it? What you have to do is real easy if you are able to control your behaviour. Controlling your behaviour is however the hardest thing you will ever do.

Take responsibility and Just Do It?(tm)

Back