Rebook Garbrandt vs Lineker

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
They were book to fight about 2 1/2 years ago and then Lineker had to pull out. It would be a good test for Garbrandt because Lineker is a hard hitter with more reach than Garbrandt(crazy right?) but incredibly one dimensional.
Can Garbrandt fight a more disciplined gameplan if TJ is not the opponent

They were book to fight about 2 1/2 years ago and then Lineker had to pull out. It would be a good test for Garbrandt because Lineker is a hard hitter with more reach than Garbrandt(crazy right?) but incredibly one dimensional.
Can Garbrandt fight a more disciplined gameplan if TJ is not the opponent
Cody needs to see a psychologist and take anger management classes and he needs to leave TAM to adapt.

Cody would get goaded into a brawl and Lineker's chin is too good. Cody would be slept after the first exchange in the pocket.

Lineker would ko him, his chin is steel

TJ neutralized the fuck outta Lineker with his takedowns and wrestling. Cody might be able to do the same, though I don't know if his pride would allow it, and we've never seen Cody's full wrestling ability.

I do think Cody would be calm and collected enough to not get into a brawl though; he can't afford to. Lineker has a granite chin; TJ broke Lineker's jaw in Rd 1 of their fight, and he kept on trucking through.

Overall, I think Cody can outbox him for 3 rounds.

Now that I think about it, what was Cody's best win before Cruz? BW is full of killers and yet Cody hasn't fought most of them, time to truly test him before he gets another shot.

Read the thread title wrong thinking it said Reebok , came here about to Reebok bash ... But yeah would be a top fight

Hands of Stone also has a Chin of Stone , Lineker by KO 1st . Also Silly Dilly's performance vs lineker is an underrated one

Cody would have such an enormous speed advantage hard to see lineker being able to land much on him

Mhmm nah I think Cody needs a real cupcake

Give him aljo

Lineker beats anyone not named Dillashaw

I want to see if Dodson can work his way back up for a shot at TJ

NoChin would have no career if that fight gets booked.

The snake in the grass really destroyed his chin.

No one should stand with Lineker. Chin and power are ridiculous. We haven't seen Cody's offensive wrestling yet in the UFC. Cody would have to be really disciplined in the stand up, which I just don't see happening.

I got Lineker by vicious KO.

if cody can stay patient he could win but in a wild fight with exchages in the pocket lineker would catch him

I know Cody is a different fighter but it would probably look like the MayDay fight.

Mayday McDonald vs Garbrandt would be awesome too

Back