Reasons why DJ deserves a rematch with Cejudo

Speak for yourself..that was sickening last night what they did ..if this keeps up the ufc will lose me as a viewer perminately
giphy.gif

We are now in the UFC Sore Loser Era. Every defeated champion "deserves" a rematch because he's a sore loser. Take it like a man and get to back of the f'g line!

Well said.

Thread should be titled "Reasons why DJ deserves a rematch instead of Stipe"

Imagine this, your boss want's you to fly somewhere to work a job. I mean a big job like you are making half your salary in this one job., you refuse because "you are the best in your local area" and you stay working at your regular location. Your boss is not happy with you. Then your location gets shut down due to unforeseen circumstances and the boss you rejected doesn't want to bring you on now. Why in the world would your boss help you out after you spurned him like that. DJ has dug his own grave and now he can waste away the rest of his days on twitch talking about how he was once the sherdgo p4p #1.

Ok, for one thing, I'd bet plenty of money that DJ gets the first crack at the 125 title barring serious injury. The only reason UFC might do a superfight before that is because DJ has proven to be ducking it himself, which is his own fault. Don't feel bad for the guy who's ducking the fight because he might have to wait lol.

Also, don't worry about Stipe. He will get another shot at the HW title relatively soon. Unless he goes out and loses, he will be fine. Whether it will be a fight against a random person for the vacant title after DC retires, or against Brock if her beats DC, Stipe is still at the top of the division. Some people need to really calm tf down.

more than Stipe deserves a rematch with Cormier. Joe Rogan said to DC that if DJ should get a rematch then so should Stipe.

1 Stipe got finished. DJ lost a split decision.
2 DJ has a win over Cejudo. Stipe has now wins over Cormier.
3 DJ has a many more title defences than Stipe.
4 Daniel Cormier is essent

Not to say Stipe isn't by far the most qualified for a rematch with DC, but still, the situations are very different.

Are people actually claiming DJ doesn't deserve a immediate rematch?

Dude arguably won last night and has been champ for 6 years. Not to mention he already KTFO of Cejudo

Cody didn’t deserve a rematch, neither did Joanna and I don’t care too much about instant rematches but yeah MM deserves one cus it was a split decision

Are people actually claiming DJ doesn't deserve a immediate rematch?

Dude arguably won last night and has been champ for 6 years. Not to mention he already KTFO of Cejudo
The only argument is about sig strikes which are vague and not a good decider. When literally every single one of your sig strikes are leg kicks and you don't push that action idk how he could have really expected to win that.

Cody didn’t deserve a rematch neither did Joanna and I don’t care too much about Mm, but he deserves one cus it was a split decision

Eh, fuck that guy. He had the chance to take a risk and fight TJ after he cleaned out the FLW division, but he decided to play it safe instead and it backfired on him.

The only argument is about sig strikes which are vague and not a good decider. When literally every single one of your sig strikes are leg kicks and you don't push that action idk how he could have really expected to win that.

I mean that's all well and good and all...except that the question of who wins isn't how impressive a fighter's performance was, it's whether he does more than his opponent...which is why sig strikes and total strikes are absolutely a good decider. Not only did DJ land more he, landed more efficiently and landed harder shots.

Cejudo landed 3 takedowns (two of which DJ got up immediately) and managed just 3 sig strikes on the ground

By every metric available DJ should have won

I mean that's all well and good and all...except that the question of who wins isn't how impressive a fighter's performance was, it's whether he does more than his opponent...which is why sig strikes and total strikes are absolutely a good decider. Not only did DJ land more he, landed more efficiently and landed harder shots.

Cejudo landed 3 takedowns (two of which DJ got up immediately) and managed 3 sig strikes on the ground

Cejudo landed 3 takedowns (two of which DJ got up immediately) and managed 3 sig strikes on the ground
No he didn't land that many hard shots at all. You are either completely fabricating your statement or you didn't actually watch the fight. He landed maybe a few good leg kicks, arguably no significant punches, and he had a poorly placed knee to the body of cejudo. In the entire fight he has less than ten noticeable strikes, but somehow his sig strike metric is better so he wins. This is borderline retarded logic and you are just fanboying it seems. You do not get points for getting up from the ground, you do understand that right. Just like you don't get points for defending subs, you are supposed to be defending yourself and getting up scores no points while the take down does.

So in the entire fight DJ's performance amounts to this
Less than 10 actually meaningful strikes.
Getting off of his back
Kicking Cejudo in the leg a couple of times.
He wins two rounds out of five, wow he is really the GOAT

If this doesn't get one, they should not exist.

Here are reasons there should be no rematch:

• DJ is boring and his fights are annoying
  • He's played a game for years and finally got beat at it
  • Every fight he has in the UFC sets back their goals of increasing viewership. He is a virus that must be snuffed out.
  • We just don't care about him

You think Cejudo is more fan friendly?

If this doesn't get one, they should not exist.

You think Cejudo is more fan friendly?
Yep. I absolutely think two things:

• Cejudo is ready to work his ass off to promote some fights.
  • Cejudo is infinitely more personable and interesting as a human being.
  • Cejudo will understand that his primary job is to entertain and he will fight with that in mind..
count-with-montaya.gif

giphy.gif

I'm in favour of champions having to fight the #1 contender to get a rematch, but after all the shitty rematches they've given out, they're going to fuck over DJ? 12 time champion DJ? Only champion the division has ever had? It's nuts man. Mighty Mouse haters are the scum of the MMA community.

MM white knights are the true scum. We want to see real sized men that could actually kick our ass fight, not men the size of elementary school kids.

It's like bum fights. If you support people that are physically deformed fighting, you're the scum.

Great fight, very very close. Rematch incoming , and I don't think any MMA fan will want to miss it.
However many here will talk shit about it, watch it and continue to talk shit.

Great fight, very very close. Rematch incoming , and I don't think any MMA fan will want to miss it.

Back