Reason why no top 10 wins for brown yet = GRapplerss

ackileez

ANALINGUSing a PAWG
@Green
Reaction score
WW top ten is filled with wrestlers/grapplers. Which would explain why he was initially scheduled to fight condit, who is arguably the only stand up fighter in top 10 in ww.

I really hope brown lives up to the hype when faced with a wrestler/grappler in top 10, seems to be UFC is building up his streak, which is great so we get crazy fights like we just saw, but so utterly disappointing when wrestlers show you glaring holes in some stand up guys games.

I suppose its the whole Okami and Fitch ordeal ideology.

I like Matt Brown, hes tough, and I really hope he starts working on the ground like condit did to avoid being mopped. Right now, there is no way he'd last against Hendricks, who nullified GSPs wrestling, and hit Gsp, who is super evasive, time after time.

Not yet brown. Not yet.

Considering he beat Mike Pyle who is better than GSP, I'd say that Matt Brown is the current champ.

Erick Silva is a bjj black belt.

I think matt would be a tough fight for most guys ranked , however I see most beating him. I could be wrong but its a feeling

Browns gas tank would give him the edge over rory.

Brown would out-wrestle gsp. He knows where he stands.

People keep wanting to see him matched with other strikers because it makes for fun fights, but they can't all be fun.

Rankings don't matter

This is as much an issue with fighters like Brown and Condit as it is an issue with the Unified Rules.

Sure a lot of wrestlers with out-wrestle Brown and/or Condit... but will they beat them in a fight?

I'd be willing to be that both of them would out work most wrestlers on the ground... while heading to a losing decision.

Unified Rules FTW :rolleyes:

Brown has captivated Sherdog and fans with his excitement, but what skillset does he possess that convinces you he could compete with the likes of Hendricks, Lawler, Woodley, or Rory?

Brown has captivated Sherdog and fans with his excitement, but what skillset does he possess that convinces you he could compete with the likes of Hendricks, Lawler, Woodley, or Rory?

his brawling skill set. he could definitely compete with other guys that are willing to stand and trade like robbie and hendricks.

his brawling skill set. he could definitely compete with other guys that are willing to stand and trade like robbie and hendricks.

Hendricks wouldn't stand and trade though. Hendricks has had no problem going for takedowns in his career, regardless of how the standup is going.

Erick Silva and Jordan Mein each dropped him with body shots only to let him back into the fight. I just don't see any of the current top ten's heavy hitters making the same mistake.

Erick Silva and Jordan Mein each dropped him with body shots only to let him back into the fight. I just don't see any of the current top ten's heavy hitters making the same mistake.

This is truth...

I like Brown, but I honestly believe that the UFC has done him a favor by only matching him against guys who are at the bottom end of the WW roster. It's allowed him to put a win streak together, showcase his toughness, beat up on guys on live broadcasts, and gain a following on boards such as this. He's also been able to rack up win and performance bonuses. If he had been given better competition, he'd have lost many fights ago and all this buzz would be non-existent. The guy is tough as nails. He's a fun fighter to watch and always lays it all on the line. He's a slightly less skilled version of Chris Lytle. His brand benefits much more from engaging in memorable wars with mid-to-low tier guys than being outclassed by the top echelon of the division.

Mike Pyle was a successful Grappler and so was erick silva.. so... PFFFT

I'd say the biggest reason Matt Brown doesn't have a top 10 win is that he's never been matched with a top 10 fighter.

Let's just wait and see how he performs against another contender before completely writing him off. Sheesh.

Back