Reason Why Cody Garbrandt won me over

I started feeling bad for him because everyone started to hate him just for trying to fight Dominick.

Then he put on a show in the cage, he proved that he isn't a weaker version of Lineker because he showed a lot of patience in the cage.

Lastly, and most importantly, after he won he did not "kick" Dominick while he was down. He had every right to talk a bunch of shit about Dominick after he won, but instead he gave Dominick Cruz props in every post fight interview.

He proved he was not just an average emoitionless meat head

I think it's kind of hard for people that have never fought or trained before to understand just how much skill he displayed in his fight with Dom. It was shocking and amazing to watch.

I wish everyone could appreciate it like I do or even greater. I didn't watch him before this fight, but now I will. Amazing skills displayed. I actually think that TAM will hurt his skillset at some point.

No, I am not retarded. Unfortunately, however, I am also not capable of civil discourse with disagreeable malcontents like yourself.
Yes, you are retarded. You said "Speaking of meatheads... weight does not equal height."
What you are saying, in other words, is a 7 foot tall guy would weigh the same as a 4 foot tall guy if they had the same physique.

I started feeling bad for him because everyone started to hate him just for trying to fight Dominick.

Then he put on a show in the cage, he proved that he isn't a weaker version of Lineker because he showed a lot of patience in the cage.

Lastly, and most importantly, after he won he did not "kick" Dominick while he was down. He had every right to talk a bunch of shit about Dominick after he won, but instead he gave Dominick Cruz props in every post fight interview.

Agreed. I hadn't seen that many of his interviews before the dom fight and he didn't come off that good in the build up. But the fight itself and his behaviour afterwards has been nothing if not impressive.

The guy's legit, no doubt. It's not everyday you not only beat, but also clown Dom Cruz. He impressed me.

Let's be honest here: Cody Garbrandt looks like a douchebag (the hair, the nech tatoo, etc.) but when you take the time to listen to him, to observe how he conducts himself, you realize he's not a douchebag.

I hate to be that guy who jumps on the ship just after a fighter won a big fight, but I'll confess it: Before the Cruz fight, I was a Cody hater, I'm now a fan! He was all-class after it was over, and I liked it: that mad me eat my words

Last edited:
Cody won the over the same way Perry lost me: by the display of skills.

what I like about Cody is that he has no size or reach advantage over his opponents, and still makes them look silly. He has the pure skill advantage.

Kind of the opposite of Conor and Jones, who are dominant, but mostly cause of their reach advantage. Look at what happened when they fought a guy with similar reach in the mauler and Nate.

Cody Bless.

7 times out of 10 if Sherdogger bandwaggoners start to hate on a fighter I'll start to like them, not including ones they liked but bail on after a loss. "Oh Cody has neck tats, what a douche. Dominick Cruz is the greatest blah blah blah" what a bunch of bologna leading up to this fight. Glad to see a Sherdog darling get his ass whooped. Another train that is going to derail is Lando's. He's up next with that chin of his sticking out all the time. Someone is gonna find that button and after it's pressed the "legion of groove" is going to explode. And another one.

I respected him even more when he started taunting Cruz way before he started winning. That's some real self confidence there. Bullies taunt once they know they're better.

He definitely took the high road after he beat Dom. Congrats

Cody won the over the same way Perry lost me: by the display of skills.
Agreed. I thought Cody was gonna be made to look like a platinum perry but Cody's persona out of the octagon & skill set within the octagon made me a fan.

Hopefully, being champ doesn't make him go all rousey/jones.

Yes, you are retarded. You said "Speaking of meatheads... weight does not equal height."
What you are saying, in other words, is a 7 foot tall guy would weigh the same as a 4 foot tall guy if they had the same physique.
Thank you. It is always nice to have someone explain the meaning behind what I am saying. I am clearly not educated enough to understand the hidden (or is it plainly obvious) meaning of my words.

And for what it's worth, yes, you are coming across more and more as a meathead with each subsequent post. Please continue for my entertainment purposes.

Thank you.

Seems like everyone is jumping on his wagon now.

That's called gaining new fans. I've always liked watching him fight but his pre-Cruz fight interviews were booooooring and I was starting to dislike his personality, as dumb as that is. But, he styled on a champ, showed tons of class after the fight and threw that strap on the kid right away before he even did himself, then told TJ to:
"Come get it motherfucker." <{jackyeah}>

If that's jumping on a bandwagon, everyone all aboard. Cruz showed a lot of respect and class as well after the fight. A great fight between great fighters to close out the year.

Back