rear naked choke

Darkeonz

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sorryl.. i'm drunk as fuck! but i'm proud as fuck too lol. I've never trained anything! but i've watched pretty much any MMA out there. I'VE WATCHED IT ALL, AND I WATCH IT ALL. I was sitting relaxing having fun, when i got attacked by this guy i know from the army 7 years ago, who ALWAYS does it to me. Whenever we're having fun and just chilling and drinking he wanna try and dominate me by attacking me. I'm very none violent so i usually just ask him to leave me the fuck alone, so i can have fun. this time though!, i climbed on to his back and i choked him till he tapped. At first I didn't even know he was tapping, i thought he was trying to get out of it. It wasn't till our friends jumped in and stopped it. I don't know why i'm sharing this... but damn. this really makes me want to start training. Im a soft computer nerd and this dude is a police officer who trains every single day. And he gave up! lol This really makes me want to start training. what an AMAZING feeling to actually dominate someone like that. If it hadn't been for MMA i wouldn't even have known how to put that choke on him. Even though a choke is possibly the easiest move to pull off. Still though! amazing! how fucking lame am i ? lol... sorry. Most of my closest friends witnessed it , which of course made it even more cool lol.

I've been wanting to train for years, but i'm such an lazy idiot

Sorryl.. i'm drunk as fuck! but i'm proud as fuck too lol. I've never trained anything! but i've watched pretty much any MMA out there. I'VE WATCHED IT ALL, AND I WATCH IT ALL. I was sitting relaxing having fun, when i got attacked by this guy i know from the army 7 years ago, who ALWAYS does it to me. Whenever we're having fun and just chilling and drinking he wanna try and dominate me by attacking me. I'm very none violent so i usually just ask him to leave me the fuck alone, so i can have fun. this time though!, i climbed on to his back and i choked him till he tapped. At first I didn't even know he was tapping, i thought he was trying to get out of it. It wasn't till our friends jumped in and stopped it. I don't know why i'm sharing this... but damn. this really makes me want to start training. Im a soft computer nerd and this dude is a police officer who trains every single day. And he gave up! lol This really makes me want to start training. what an AMAZING feeling to actually dominate someone like that. If it hadn't been for MMA i wouldn't even have known how to put that choke on him. Even though a choke is possibly the easiest move to pull off. Still though! amazing! how fucking lame am i ? lol... sorry. Most of my closest friends witnessed it , which of course made it even more cool lol.

I've been wanting to train for years, but i'm such an lazy idiot
So are you saying he was just standing around and you jumped on his back to choke him?

So are you saying he was just standing around and you jumped on his back to choke him?

lol no he was jumping me and trying to hold me down, but i managed to move out and pull him down and take his back. DUDE! i'm not saying i' mthe shit. but i'ver NEVER trained anything, and the fact that i got him to tap felt fuckign awesome!. I'm not BADASS! it's not a badass thread! it's just me talking about how it was. and it was fucking amazing!

that sounds awesome.

go train then you can go go him next time

Shoulda' heel hooked him. Next time you'll be able to hear him coming by the sound of the cane.

Ok let me try to salvage this thread.

When you're doing a RNC how do you like to do it? Assume the right arm comes around:

- Gable grip the two hands together?
- Grip your left collar lapel and put your left hand behind the head?
- Left hand: palm facing you or away?
- Grip your bicep?

What would you add to this and tell someone?

For myself if my right hand is coming around, I grip my left collar, inch my way up and often times I can finish him with one hand (assuming I'm wearing a gi of course). I use the left hand to fend off his defenses and try to shove his left hand under my leg or overhook it behind his back.

Alternatively I can underhook his left arm and put my left hand behind his head to trap his left arm.

What do you guys do?

I actually a bit charmed by the sheer drunk enthusiasm here.

Go train, it's awesome.

Ok let me try to salvage this thread.

When you're doing a RNC how do you like to do it? Assume the right arm comes around:

- Gable grip the two hands together?
- Grip your left collar lapel and put your left hand behind the head?
- Left hand: palm facing you or away?
- Grip your bicep?

What would you add to this and tell someone?

For myself if my right hand is coming around, I grip my left collar, inch my way up and often times I can finish him with one hand (assuming I'm wearing a gi of course). I use the left hand to fend off his defenses and try to shove his left hand under my leg or overhook it behind his back.

Alternatively I can underhook his left arm and put my left hand behind his head to trap his left arm.

What do you guys do?

Gable if they're face down, covering up and my hooks are trapped. Standard bicep grip otherwise. My palm is usually facing the ground, or away from me, trying to drive their head and neck into my right arm. Make sure to breathe in and expand your chest to close up all the little gaps. Can't make out what you're saying about the lapel grip, sounds like kata ha jime, which is a different, but still effective, technique

kata_ha_jime.gif

I like to do an RNC with my palm facing away and I've been told that I have a really tight RNC. The way I'm instructed to do it though is with my palm facing me which I find tightens the lock but also hurts more than facing away from me does.

So happy about dominating someone.....
this is how rapists are born.

I gotta admit, I like the enthusiasm. Yeah, everybody loves to make fun of crappling on this forum, but many of us have been training for so long that we forget how excited we were the first time we caught somebody in a submission. It's a great feeling. And I think keeping that sense of excitement and wonder is the best way to ensure that you continue to enjoy the art and keep training in the long run.

To the thread starter: congratulations on the submission. You obviously enjoy MMA and are excited about the idea of training yourself, so my suggestion is to find a good school near you and start right away while you still have the motivation. Don't worry about being a "soft computer nerd" - there will be others like you there and training will change that anyway. You've always wanted to do it, and there's no better time than now.

Good luck!

whooops! i should stop posting when i'm drunk lol. Anyways! yeah it felt fucking great. I used to work out a lot 5-6 times a week, and i did that for like 6-7 years. The last 1

Saturday night my friend tried to single leg me out of nowhere (we usually just have quick little sub wrestling matches for fun) so I sprawled on him and just turned around so he was in my open guard.
He stood up so i put my right foot on his hip and took both of my hands and places them behind his legs on his ankles
and pushed my leg out straight and pulled his legs forward towards me he fell on his ass. He got up and punched me in the chest and said "DON'T FUCKING SLAM ME" (solar plexus on the dot). I proceeded to mount him and punch him twice (on the arm, I decided not to hit him in the head) before it was broken up.
He apologized for like 20 minutes afterwards thanking me for not beating the shit out of him. I'm still pissed over it.

Saturday night my friend tried to single leg me out of nowhere (we usually just have quick little sub wrestling matches for fun) so I sprawled on him and just turned around so he was in my open guard.
He stood up so i put my right foot on his hip and took both of my hands and places them behind his legs on his ankles
and pushed my leg out straight and pulled his legs forward towards me he fell on his ass. He got up and punched me in the chest and said "DON'T FUCKING SLAM ME" (solar plexus on the dot). I proceeded to mount him and punch him twice (on the arm, I decided not to hit him in the head) before it was broken up.
He apologized for like 20 minutes afterwards thanking me for not beating the shit out of him. I'm still pissed over it.

What? You sprawled on him and turned around so he was in your open guard? I am unable to convert this description into a mental representation of what happened.

What? You sprawled on him and turned around so he was in your open guard? I am unable to convert this description into a mental representation of what happened.

I sprawled on him and I loosened my grip a bit and had him in guard because I didn't want to just tap him out immediately because he doesn't do BJJ very often and I take it easy on him since he's a friend.

I sprawled on him and I loosened my grip a bit and had him in guard because I didn't want to just tap him out immediately because he doesn't do BJJ very often and I take it easy on him since he's a friend.

So you sprawled out and than pulled guard?

Back