Reanimating old memories?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have few memories that are a decade old. I have a shitty tendency of going back to them and trying to recreate the scenario in a different way to make myself more heroic or victorious.

This past year I been meditating alot and I see how much these past thoughts are diminishing the effect of meditation. I checked to see if this is normal and I guess it is in some ways.

Sorry for the rant, the whole thing is because of remembering a really hot blonde chick at yoga a decade ago and was super friendly with me. I just get upset that it was a missed opportunity even though I don't know her name. Like I have such a small interaction with her while she has left the greatest impression in my memory than chicks I was infatuated with in highschool who I chased and had moments with but the chick I barely knew somehow ended up leaving a powerful impression in my memory.

Edit: forgot to mention what helps is when I visualize martial arts and boxing techniques. Puts me in a productive mindset.

Last edited:
I'm guessing she probably has two or three kids by now and is most likely in a shitty relationship she is desperately trying to get out of...

She probably doesn't even remember who you are, but it wouldn't hurt if you start frequenting local yoga spots.

She might still be trying to lose the baby weight..?

You need to drink more imo.

I'm guessing she probably has two or three kids by now and is most likely in a shitty relationship she is desperately trying to get out of...

She probably doesn't even remember who you are, but it wouldn't hurt if you start frequenting local yoga spots.

She might still be trying to lose the baby weight..?

You are probably right. It was weird because years after yoga I was at a juice shop and she sat next to me and was friendly but also talking to others. But I am not sure if it was the same person.similar looking. I don't know why my mind thinks about her.

My logic is like " whatever she was nice because yoga puts people in good mood not because she is in to you"

Like my logical side is very dismissive and I want to be as well because it was really nothing to obsess or recreate scenario while I had other scenario much closer to getting laid that I screwed up and yet I barely think about.

Friendly with other dudes you say...

She's probably a slut,

That's why she has three kids.

Let go of the past, focus on the present and plan a better future.

I came to this conclusion after getting food poisoning, trying to puke and crap at the same time, and making the decision to never eat there again.

You need to drink more imo.

You are probably right because I have barely touched alcohol in my 30 years of life.

Friendly with other dudes you say...

She's probably a slut,

That's why she has three kids.

Was talking to staff but I don't know if same person. Maybe different. Tall hot blonde chicks are common in my town.

Let go of the past, focus on the present and plan a better future.

I came to this conclusion after getting food poisoning, trying to puke and crap at the same time, and making the decision to never eat there again.

True, I visualize martial arts moves and business tactics. The thought as of now is less voluntary and more intrusive.

I’m not reading any of that.

That is your choice and I respect your response.

This happens to me all the time. Like I'll be in a good mood and then my brain's like 'fuck that, remember 10 years ago when you didn't hold the door open for the fat dude who was like 2 second behind you?' and then it's just ruminating on what a piece of shit I am. Maybe I should visualize holding the door open for that fat dude? And as he approached he'd thank me and hold up his hand and I'd high five the shit out of it with a big ass smile on my face

This happens to me all the time. Like I'll be in a good mood and then my brain's like 'fuck that, remember 10 years ago when you didn't hold the door open for the fat dude who was like 2 second behind you?' and then it's just ruminating on what a piece of shit I am. Maybe I should visualize holding the door open for that fat dude? And as he approached he'd thank me and hold up his hand and I'd high five the shit out of it with a big ass smile on my face

To be fair he was probably going to take more than two seconds. Fat people move pretty slowly.

The curse of human decency. My memory is strange because she was out of this world hot. Generic blonde hot but hot never the less and I was a tweener.

To be fair he was probably going to take more than two seconds. Fat people move pretty slowly.

That is true.

It's weird that a pleasant but uneventful memory has become prominent in my mind for so long.

I detect a splash of Tony Ferguson in TS. Mental illness affects us all.

You remember one single chick being nice to over a decade ago and you see it as a missed opportunity? Lol.... Is that because not a lot of hot chicks are nice to you or something...? And this one stands out because she actually was?

I have few memories that are a decade old. I have a shitty tendency of going back to them and trying to recreate the scenario in a different way to make myself more heroic or victorious.

This past year I been meditating alot and I see how much these past thoughts are diminishing the effect of meditation. I checked to see if this is normal and I guess it is in some ways.

Sorry for the rant, the whole thing is because of remembering a really hot blonde chick at yoga a decade ago and was super friendly with me. I just get upset that it was a missed opportunity even though I don't know her name. Like I have such a small interaction with her while she has left the greatest impression in my memory than chicks I was infatuated with in highschool who I chased and had moments with but the chick I barely knew somehow ended up leaving a powerful impression in my memory.

Edit: forgot to mention what helps is when I visualize martial arts and boxing techniques. Puts me in a productive mindset.

I had this for nigh 10 years with a girl I met during my summer vacation to Greece. Night ten years, of which I was in an ltr for six. It's your brain boi. Doesn't tolerate failure. I eventually stopped giving a fuck, but the ego took a lot to heal. Is normal.

I detect a splash of Tony Ferguson in TS. Mental illness affects us all.

Tony Ferguson is the type of guy that finds a way to turn his mental illness to mental awesomeness.

You remember one single chick being nice to over a decade ago and you see it as a missed opportunity? Lol.... Is that because not a lot of hot chicks are nice to you or something...? And this one stands out because she actually was?

I know it is fucked up bro. I remember a different chick who was Italian name Christy who was also super hot and I got to fool around but for some reason never think about her even though I bonded with her a great deal.

I know I must be sick in the head. On one hand I had some moments of bonding and good time with one chick while the other is a pure mystery and no bonding. Naturally I should be obsessed with Christy chick because bonding and rapport was established. But to be fair the Christy chick put me off because she mentioned that she had a boyfriend which killed the romance/fantasy and I never called/thought about her ever again. You know if they do it with you they do it to you I guess.

I had this for nigh 10 years with a girl I met during my summer vacation to Greece. Night ten years, of which I was in an ltr for six. It's your brain boi. Doesn't tolerate failure. I eventually stopped giving a fuck, but the ego took a lot to heal. Is normal.

Good to know, women have incredible power over men in the emotion/attraction. Same way males tend to be more advantageous physically. I think it's important to recognize their ability to leave a powerful impression in men.

I find that listening to old music activates memories from the first times I heard it.

the whole thing is because of remembering a really hot blonde chick at yoga a decade ago and was super friendly with me. I just get upset that it was a missed opportunity even though I don't know her name. Like I have such a small interaction with her while she has left the greatest impression in my memory than chicks I was infatuated with in highschool who I chased and had moments with but the chick I barely knew somehow ended up leaving a powerful impression in my memory.

Summed up by Robert Redford. Everyone has been there.

Summed up by Robert Redford. Everyone has been there.

Holy shit!

This is like mine. Although in my thoughts I do revisions. Like acting boisterous or even nutty. Sometimes I revision another chick in the scenario as a way of escaping the memory via the new chick. But best way is to create memories.

But damn this dudes encounter was intense. With mine I saw her few times not just once and my reoccurring thought came years later from the encounter.

Back