Really? Marquez/Pacquiao 5?

I think Marquez earned a victory that's not worthy of a rematch, and obviously earned a victory not worth any controversies.

I don't know what that means and will people stop replying to my obvious sarcastic posts!

I think Marquez earned a victory that's not worthy of a rematch, and obviously earned a victory not worth any controversies.

The fact that Pac gave him 3 matches that he didn't have to give him.. that was probably inadvisable and represented more risk for less reward than other bouts he could have taken.. That alone is reason to return the favor.. without even considering how good the 4th bout was.

If JMM retires, then he leaves with my full respect.. if he fights again and avoids the rematch, then I'm going to be wondering why and losing some of that respect considering this represents his most profitable possibility and considering that the right thing to do is return the favor to the guy that gave you an opportunity.

Rahman didn't have to give Lewis a rematch.. he could have retired and rode off into the sunset with a cloud of hype about how devastating his punch was.. but he did..because it was the right thing to do.

The fact that Pac gave him 3 matches that he didn't have to give him.. that was probably inadvisable and represented more risk for less reward than other bouts he could have taken.. That alone is reason to return the favor.. without even considering how good the 4th bout was.

If JMM retires, then he leaves with my full respect.. if he fights again and avoids the rematch, then I'm going to be wondering why and losing some of that respect considering this represents his most profitable possibility and considering that the right thing to do is return the favor to the guy that gave you an opportunity.

Rahman didn't have to give Lewis a rematch.. he could have retired and rode off into the sunset with a cloud of hype about how devastating his punch was.. but he did..because it was the right thing to do.

Wasn't there an automatic rematch clause in the Lewis/Rahman fight?

Wasn't there an automatic rematch clause in the Lewis/Rahman fight?

You can retire or pay to get out of that..

I was just using a vague example though..There are many times where the the winner of a match said after the fight "he gave me the opportunity, so I'll be happy to do the same for him" though..

Well Pac is 3-1 so if Marquez wins a 5th I would like to see a 6th and if he wins that we should get a 7th for a tie breaker

The official score is 2-1-1 for Pac. In many fans' hearts (like mine), it is closer to 1-1-2 for Pac.

Regardless though, I can't tell if you're serious but JMM is nearly 40. Their 4 fights were epic but I think its enough to call it a day and move on.

The official score is 2-1-1 for Pac. In many fans' hearts (like mine), it is closer to 1-1-2 for Pac.

Regardless though, I can't tell if you're serious but JMM is nearly 40. Their 4 fights were epic but I think its enough to call it a day and move on.

I was... not being serious

I don't know what that means and will people stop replying to my obvious sarcastic posts!

Yeah, I realized it was a sarcastic post after I replied. :D

True, but in my honest opinion, think that they had those re-matches because of how close their fights were, (And money of course.) But if the reason they got those rematch is because of how close their fights were, then shouldn't Manny not be worthy of a rematch?

True, but in my honest opinion, think that they had those re-matches because of how close their fights were, (And money of course.) But if the reason they got those rematch is because of how close their fights were, then shouldn't Manny not be worthy of a rematch?

the fact that the previous three were close is irrelevant. JMM turned down the rematch offered to him after the first fight. He then went and lost to John(debatable robbery). After that, Pac didn't have to fight him again. They were on two different financial levels and JMM's rank dropped enough where nobody was demanding the match.. it was on Pac's mind though.. he wanted to have another fight.. he gave JMM another opportunity. Then the third fight, JMM had gotten completely dominated by Floyd and struggled with guys like Juan Diaz at lower weights. Not very many people cared to see a third because most assumed that Pac was on a new level and JMM was faded. Pac gave him that opportunity and they had their closest fight ever. And then this last fight, a lot of people had the feeling that we were just going to see more of the same from the two.. there were certainly more options out there that Pac could have taken without being too heavily criticized.. but he decided to go with JMM again..

Each time he did this, he could have gotten away with not doing it.. so JMM kinda owes him one imo..

but w/e.. if it happens it happens.

I really don't understand how people can watch JMM go to the brink of defeat to snatch victory and call it anything but close..lol.. I just don't understand that way of thinking.

the fact that the previous three were close is irrelevant. JMM turned down the rematch offered to him after the first fight. He then went and lost to John(debatable robbery). After that, Pac didn't have to fight him again. They were on two different financial levels and JMM's rank dropped enough where nobody was demanding the match.. it was on Pac's mind though.. he wanted to have another fight.. he gave JMM another opportunity. Then the third fight, JMM had gotten completely dominated by Floyd and struggled with guys like Juan Diaz at lower weights. Not very many people cared to see a third because most assumed that Pac was on a new level and JMM was faded. Pac gave him that opportunity and they had their closest fight ever. And then this last fight, a lot of people had the feeling that we were just going to see more of the same from the two.. there were certainly more options out there that Pac could have taken without being too heavily criticized.. but he decided to go with JMM again..

Each time he did this, he could have gotten away with not doing it.. so JMM kinda owes him one imo..

but w/e.. if it happens it happens.

I really don't understand how people can watch JMM go to the brink of defeat to snatch victory and call it anything but close..lol.. I just don't understand that way of thinking.

I think Pacquiao did it for money and for fame. IMHO

As for the last bit, maybe they were referring to rounds 1-5?

Why stop, if there's money to make?

I'd watch it. I'd also like to fight Bob Arum on the undercard.

I think Pacquiao did it for money and for fame. IMHO

As for the last bit, maybe they were referring to rounds 1-5?

What I was saying is it wasn't the fight that would bring him the most money or fame any of the times he fought JMM after their first bout.. He could have taken other options that would have gotten him more money and ..well..he's already as famous as you can get so I dont think that's a motivation. But, he chose JMM.. and really, to suggest that he did it for any other reason than to prove himself is kind of ridiculous

A spanish site today was claiming that philipino doctor was claiming Manny had symptoms of early Parkinsons. Website is Mediotiempo.com I donno if legit, but I got it from a boxing forum.

A spanish site today was claiming that philipino doctor was claiming Manny had symptoms of early Parkinsons. Website is Mediotiempo.com I donno if legit, but I got it from a boxing forum.

how do we know it's not some quack trying to get in a paper. Doctors shouldn't be diagnosing people they see on tv.

Yeah..I hope that's bullshit.. what a cruel twist of fate it would be for both a coach and his pupil to suffer fight related parkinsons.

With the buzz surrounding JMM/Pac IV, I know a 5th fight is the bigger money fight , but if I'm Pacquiao's team I'm angling for a Bradley rematch. After such a devastating KO I don't think it's smart to get right back in there with a guy who seems to have your number.

Most people think Pacquiao beat Bradley comfortably the first time so you know Pac can beat him. And it's not like Bradley is a big puncher. I think it's the fight that makes the most sense for Manny. Make Pacquiao/Bradley II and Marquez/Rios. If Pacquiao gets by Bradley then give him the winner of JMM/Rios.

They should do up to 8-10 fights, milk it for what it's worth. Maybe by then we can see May vs Pac

What I was saying is it wasn't the fight that would bring him the most money or fame any of the times he fought JMM after their first bout.. He could have taken other options that would have gotten him more money and ..well..he's already as famous as you can get so I dont think that's a motivation. But, he chose JMM.. and really, to suggest that he did it for any other reason than to prove himself is kind of ridiculous

Gasp! Ridiculous? I challenge you to a...uhm.. Never mind.
Whose your pick in their fifth fight? I think it is a win/win situation for Marquez..kinda. Marquez lost because hes old, or Manny won because Marquez is old.

Back