Really feel like your 20s are the make it or break it years

I'm 33 and I just now found my passion in life I believe. It's going to take me a long time to make a living at it, but believe it or not, I started a lot younger than MANY of my peers who are well respected in the field now. All I'm worried about is keeping the lights on and doing what I enjoy. Don't care too much to accumulate a bunch of material things.

Shit my mom didn't even start working til she was like 42 and she VP of a bank now.

Life goes on no matter what. You are more then your money and career

If you're still early 30s you can turn it around by 35. Find a solid profession and stick to it. If you have any undergrad done, you can probably do an RN program in 2 years. Work anywhere in the country and make $40 an hour with all kinds of overtime available. Even a trade like electrician or plumber can make a really decent living.

Every girl has some major flaw that makes her unattractive. I was with a cheerleader for my first long term relationship and at the wrong angle I swear do you she reminded me of chairman Mao.

Settling isn't settling. That's you always wishing the grass was greener. The truth is you don't want the hot shallow dumb girl.

You want the sorta smart nice sorta-hot girl. Or, some other combination.

And, when you get her you'll want the smarter nicer more-sorta hot girl.

The problem is underlying this sort of mentality. Identify what it is and what you can do about it.

And riches? Maybe you just don't want money all that bad because you have doubt that it leads to any sort of happiness? Acknowledgement is all we want as mammals and it can be given in so many more ways than "Oh wow that guy has money."

30s is still alright. A little behind but not that bad. Tons of people change careers, or go broke, or fizzle out on some dream or another in their 30s. GL, and you're also getting wiser and can make better choices starting about now.

dont' worry too much
life goes by fast
50 years after you die nobody will remember you even existed
so, don't worry that much about it

You dont (probably not possible) need to follow what he says blindly. Put try getting some inspiration from his point of view.

My pretty face and slightly above af
Verge cock keeps me happy despite being poor

That's why we have parents! Well I ignored mine, and insisted on having life punch me in the face a few times but fuck it, it worked out ok.

I'll do better with my kids. The 50's style of parenting created rebels. Didn't work. The new style of parenting, well there isn't one. Everyone does it different, and of course many kids are raised by screens and phones. Anyways my kids will be ready for the world.

They aren’t. It’s normal to feel that way as a 32 year old though. I was a lunatic idiot in my 20s; not everyone was, but a lot of people were. 30 is when I started to really get my shit together. All kinds of people find success in their 30s, or even make career changes in their 40s (I’m 42 btw).

OP is sorta correct. Your 20s are your defining years that overall shape your future. It is an important time to get your career in order. But you tend to imply that it's too late after that... It's never too late. There are some people who didn't get off the ground for a long time.

I'm the same age as you and I just bought my first home... and I was productive as hell in my 20s, not that I made all perfect decisions. In the 1950s or some crap it was probably 25 year olds buying their own houses, but now I realized most folks my age don't own their own homes, and the few that do, many had a parent help them. My wife and I are the only ones our age on the block.

I say that to say that it isn't the end of the world if you're in your 30s and don't have it all together. Hell, most millenials are drowning in college debt.

Who wants to marry some guy who isn't even making 100k per year? I'll have to resort to marrying some ugly bitch.

I'm rooting for you, but don't start sounding like Elliot Rodgers bruh.

Last edited:
I didn’t start my career until I was 26. Before that I was a pizza boy partying almost every night. Life is way better now. Back then I was barely making rent. Doesnt really disprove your point though I guess. But even back then I felt like no one would ever hire a burn out with no real work experience like me. It was a real shitty feeling

You've felt like this before now, maybe always felt this way, and it's the heroin that's made you think there's nothing else. You don't have to suffer, but right now you believe you have to and maybe that's your story.

You have to get off of your ass by your early 30’s. Yeah people can say never give up, rah rah whatever, but the fact of the matter is that it’s brutally difficult to compensate for a decade lost in terms of developing skills, experience, and network if you want career advancement (I assume that is the gist of this thread). You need to be laser focused on what you want if you are starting “late.” If you know what you want and make it your top priority above all else you can do it. Otherwise you’ll probably just piss around and spend the 30’s like the 20’s.

The real question is whether or not 32 year old you is really any different than 24 year old you.

Age is an excuse, one of many to be largely ignored.

You have to get off of your ass by your early 30’s. Yeah people can say never give up, rah rah whatever, but the fact of the matter is that it’s brutally difficult to compensate for a decade lost in terms of developing skills, experience, and network if you want career advancement (I assume that is the gist of this thread). You need to be laser focused on what you want if you are starting “late.” If you know what you want and make it your top priority above all else you can do it. Otherwise you’ll probably just piss around and spend the 30’s like the 20’s.

The real question is whether or not 32 year old you is really any different than 24 year old you.

It really depends a lot on your career choice I would say, a lot of the examples given so far are people who've gone into business themselves which I would say tends to be easier to achieve latter in life, perhaps advantageous for some people because its not just about time but about being able to keep at it, more experience(a bit less idealised fantasy as well) and more money behind you can help.

What does I think become much harder with age is getting past business recruitment processes, unless your going for a job with very individual skills then ageism is IMHO a very real issue, going for something like an entry level office job in your 30's is going to be very difficult to get many interviews.

Last edited:
I'm 31 and the last 3 years have gotten better and better and I'm starting to get the hang of this. My only regret was delaying my post-secondary education by 3 years as I would potentially be here at 28 rather than 31. I'm very comfortable that I will be where I want to be in my late 30s. I think if you're not at least at the starting point for your career by late 20s then you're probably fucked.

I'm like 32 and that is how I feel

It is like your life gets decided before you even fucking know it

There is the tiniest of windows available if you want to have a good life and you need to be aware of that. The window opens around 18 years old and it shuts in your face around 28-30. You fuck around and waste your 20s doing jackshit and you pretty much fucked up your entire life. Who the fuck wants to hire some 30-year-old fuckup? Nobody does.

So let now ask, what is the point of me even being alive now? The next 40-50 years of my life are going to be complete fucking hell. Who wants to marry some guy who isn't even making 100k per year? I'll have to resort to marrying some ugly bitch. I'm not depressed or anything. I'm just being fucking real about this shit. I wish my high school and my parents were real about it with me when I was 18. Am I allowed to blame them? I think I can a little bit at least.

Who else has ruined their lives like I have and now have to live the rest of their lives knowing it will never get better?

All I get left to look forward too is club pussy and drugs/alcohol
Incorrect, this is the mentality of the unmotivated, people that want to bring others down to their level of misery.

The only thing you can fuck up in your twenties that will fuck you over for the rest of your life is your physical and mental health. Which is the most important investment you can make. Everything else you build in life is built on the foundation of your physical/mental health.

I'm in my late 30s, I'm in better shape than when I was 20 and I'm still making moves. All this bullshit about personal success/happiness coming down to genetics, or the location of your birth, or in this case, the decisions you made in your twenties, is just that. Bullshit.

I have full confidence that if I was zeroed out today, and found myself living under a bridge I could still turn things back around.

Last edited:
Personally think its decided during teen years.

Every guy that was a loser as a teen that i know became a loser adult(that includes me)
This is definitely not true, I was a piece of shit bully and was way behind in school and now I own property, my gf owns property and we are looking to buy another one together at the moment. The thing that made my life start getting better was telling myself I was piece of shit and that I really needed to work on being a better hearted person and also that if I became a loser it would be my own doing and not the fault of others which everyone likes to think. All about attitude!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back