Reality check, GSP vs Khabib...

But Masvidal wasn't a 155er lmao. That's like saying Khabib beat a 145er when he defeated McGregor to belittle his accomplishments, but the latter would actually be far more accurate as that was McGregor's 4th UFC fight in any weight class over FW. That was Masvidal's 12th UFC fight at WW. Both men had fought at LW and WW respectively in other orgs too, but weren't full-timers.

Masvidal is more of a full-time WW than McGregor is a full-time LW thus far in UFC history.

To call Masvidal a 155er when he fought Usman is inaccurate. But I agree he's not the biggest WW nor does he have great TDD/wrestling. But the result was utter wrestlefucking.

I do agree with your excuses point for GSP, but it works both ways. If Khabib loses to Gaethje his father's death will certainly be a huge excuse, if he loses to GSP well that's him taking a fight with a bigger man who's an all-time legend. And to bring it full circle to Khabib's soulmate Conor McGregor, that excuse is NEVER used for him, being a 7-0 145er who went up to psuedo 170 and 155 where he has only lost.

There will always been dumbass spin zones. It's easy to sift through the bullshit usually. But now the Khabib hype, specifically today is getting to a bullshit crazy level
Fair enough on the masvidal point. I don't care to die on that hill.

You're right about khabibs father. I didn't consider that to be a point. If he loses, it will be used. But if he beats gaethje, and beats gaethje decisively and dominantly, I think the father excuse will happen but weigh less bc hes fought a top lw contender and won dominantly before facing GSP the goat. I can understand if he didn't fought anyone and mourned the death of his father and lost to George his first match back, I can see people carry that excuse.

But the dad excuse carries more weight if he loses to gaethje. Just my opinion.

Khabib did say if he beat tony, people will say he's too old. Well Justin did it for him and people said Tony is too old. It's not just coming from fans either

Last edited:
He got stung by both Poirier and MJ and lost the 1 rd that didn't go to the ground against Conor. GSP is more well rounded than thos 3 guys and is known for dominating fighters on the ground just like Khabib. GSP wouldn't be scared of getting taken down and has a 6" reach advantage.

I think at multiple points Khabib will be on top of him and out grappling him on the cage. The conditioning of GSP would be the most important factor in the fight.
Also, i think the round 3 in the conor fight is similar to rd 4 in the Till/Rob fight. When a couple rds are clear cut for one guy... Then award a close rd to the other guy.. Annoys the hell out of me, lol

But Masvidal wasn't a 155er lmao. That's like saying Khabib beat a 145er when he defeated McGregor to belittle his accomplishments, but the latter would actually be far more accurate as that was McGregor's 4th UFC fight in any weight class over FW. That was Masvidal's 12th UFC fight at WW. Both men had fought at LW and WW respectively in other orgs too, but weren't full-timers.

Masvidal is more of a full-time WW than McGregor is a full-time LW thus far in UFC history.

To call Masvidal a 155er when he fought Usman is inaccurate. But I agree he's not the biggest WW nor does he have great TDD/wrestling. But the result was utter wrestlefucking.

I do agree with your excuses point for GSP, but it works both ways. If Khabib loses to Gaethje his father's death will certainly be a huge excuse, if he loses to GSP well that's him taking a fight with a bigger man who's an all-time legend. And to bring it full circle to Khabib's soulmate Conor McGregor, that excuse is NEVER used for him, being a 7-0 145er who went up to psuedo 170 and 155 where he has only lost.

There will always been dumbass spin zones. It's easy to sift through the bullshit usually. But now the Khabib hype, specifically today is getting to a bullshit crazy level

And as for "on paper" how are you just completely ignoring the reward here? Yeah who gives a shit if there's a spin zone narrative, always will be. But it will be a W over GSP on his resume' if the fight actually happened and he won. That's the best win on his resume' regardless of excuses, easily. There's no arguing against that.

On paper is a valid argument. But it might just be a vanity fair. If he beats a GSP that looks like dogshit at 155 because of the weight cut or his age, it's going to be spun. That's like saying if some fighter wins against current day Anderson Silva , it does shit for his resume. It doesn't. Didn't do shit for Izzy's because we know Anderson isn't in his prime. It depends how good George looks on fight night.

You already know how I feel about khabibs resume. I'm probably the only guy here that's a khabib fan that think it's too light. Having GSP on his resume could help but the guy has a long way to go to get to that legacy status he wants. I don't know what him and his father thinks but most people don't value regional pro records. We just don't. Especially the western world.

Last edited:
We're just going to agree to disagree anyway but:

1. Usman raped Masvidal it wasn't even fucking close. Sure he didn't take him down 20 times, but he did keep him against the cage for 20+ minutes like he was a toddler. It was a 50-45 fight, 49-46 if you gift Masvidal a "close" first round. The fight wasn't competitive whatsoever. I'd like to see Masvidal vs Khabib before I saw Usman vs Khabib, for the latter's sake.

2. I'm still not sure how you are possible saying a GSP-Khabib fight would raise GSP's legacy more, it's asinine.

GSP is considered a top 3-5 fighter all-time by literally anyone credible, anyone with a brain, if not 1st or 2nd all-time.

Khabib is considered maybe top 15? Maybe top 10 all-time if you really wanted to hang on his nutsack as a fanatic fan. Otherwise you'd have to be completely delusional to put him higher, even if he beats Gaethje and retires undefeated...it would still be very hard to justify him as a top 5 all-time guy, maybe he would sneak into the top 6-8 based on the mystique of being 29-0 over time. (also the 29-0 is bullshit, majority of those fights were not UFC or any top org)

It's extremely clear that this fight would benefit Khabib vastly, dramatically, colossally more - in terms of legacy. It would easily be Khabib's best win on his resume', the feather in his cap alongside McGregor. He has no other feathers in his cap, he doesn't have any awesome wins as of now. GSP probably has 10 better wins than Khabib's 2nd best win. I just don't understand your logic on it at all, I feel as though there is not any logic that is possible for this take.
What a dogshit post.

Back