Reality check, GSP vs Khabib...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
All of the sudden it seems like GSP became the best striker in the 155 division?
Here are the facts, GSP is not a KO artist, GSP was called a blanket because he went to decisions with top competition, GSP never fought someone at the level of Khabib who is a master grappler!
Khabib already showed that he can stand and bang with the best strikers in Conor, Dustin and MJ who also have 1 punch KO powers.

Bottom line, why so many are counting on GSP to somehow destroy Khabib when he was finished by a manlet (Serra)and couldn’t finish a BJJ fighter(Jake)on the feet?

What’s ur logic especially at the age of 40?

GSP would probably use the same game plan he used in the second Koscheck fight. Try to stop the takedown + jab fest. Not sure who wins.

GSP never fought someone at the level of Khabib who is a master grappler!

Jake Shields, Matt Hughes, and BJ Penn are the 3 best grapplers to ever compete in the UFC WW division after Demian Maia.

Jake Shields, interestingly enough, gave GSP one of the toughest fights in his entire career despite having the stand-up skillset of a soccer mom who took 1 boxing class.

All of the sudden it seems like GSP became the best striker in the 155 division?
Here are the facts, GSP is not a KO artist, GSP was called a blanket because he went to decisions with top competition, GSP never fought someone at the level of Khabib who is a master grappler!
Khabib already showed that he can stand and bang with the best strikers in Conor, Dustin and MJ who also have 1 punch KO powers.

Bottom line, why so many are counting on GSP to somehow destroy Khabib when he was finished by a manlet (Serra)and couldn’t finish a BJJ fighter(Jake)on the feet?

What’s ur logic especially at the age of 40?
Reality check.

Everyone Khabib has fought were strikers.

He got stung by both Poirier and MJ and lost the 1 rd that didn't go to the ground against Conor. GSP is more well rounded than thos 3 guys and is known for dominating fighters on the ground just like Khabib. GSP wouldn't be scared of getting taken down and has a 6" reach advantage.

He got stung by both Poirier and MJ and lost the 1 rd that didn't go to the ground against Conor. GSP is more well rounded than thos 3 guys and is known for dominating fighters on the ground just like Khabib. GSP wouldn't be scared of getting taken down and has a 6" reach advantage.

Poirier and MJ are both southpaw heavy-hitters.

They're practically made for firefights.

Completely different dynamics here.

@Peli

Who do you want to see face Khabib if he inshallah beats Gaethje?
usman.

I don't care too much for gsp. if he gets GSP, so be it. but I think if usman wins aagainst burns, they'll both be 13-fight win streak and it'll be just like another tony v khabib situation. Two dominant guys fighting each other. With khabib not likely to be the favorite. I hope he can get past gaethje with no problem. Gaethje scares me lol. Doesn't seem to scare khabib though.

Last edited:
Back