Realistically, UFC wants someone Conor can beat.

serr

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It makes most sense financially speaking to push Conor vs. RDA to UFC 200 rather than have Conor wrestlefucked by Khabib or outboxed by the new Nate. Any of the top 5 in LW would be risky for him.

they should give him nate, gives mcgregor the least chance of losing/injury and having to take him off 200

i'm okay with pettis/cerrone/khabib

it will most likely be cerrone

Meanwhile... Dana White..

spider-man.gif

Agreed. It makes business sense.
I also agree Cerrone gets offered it and takes it

after they gave him Mendes, nobody can say Conor is being protected

that was a terrible stylistic matchup but McGregor won

Cerrone already expressed interest in this fight. He has to cut weight but I think he can lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks.

How do we ensure the highest possible profit with the lowest possible risk?

Undisputed.III.Redemption.Invicto.3.BRRip.480p.04.png

Dana-White-UFC-144-pre-press-3.jpg

Of course, the UFC still wants to make that superfight and a Conor loss would derail it.

he can beat any of them

he's gonna be able to pick his own opponent
He will pick Cerrone or Alvarez, because they are the least likely to have a realistic chance of de-railing the hype train.
He wants to fight at 200 as much as Dana wants him on that card, they won't take any unnecessary risks with an opponent here.

i'm okay with pettis/cerrone/khabib

it will most likely be cerrone
Why would it be a LW? that makes ZERO sense now.

We have a champion in a division with A line up for the belt.

holloway, Aldo, or edgar will do. why risk mcgregor in an exhibition non title fight?

I think it will be Cerrone. He was the last title challenger, he's got a style that's complementary to Conor (hard hitting thai-esque kickboxing), and he'll be walking in after cutting 20 lbs in a week without an IV.

As tough as Cerrone is, I think he gets the fight. He'll show up. He'll throw with Conor and he'll probably go down. He's tailor made for Conor to (T)KO especially with those body kicks he was winging into Mendes. I'll watch.

after they gave him Mendes, nobody can say Conor is being protected

that was a terrible stylistic matchup but McGregor won
Bantamweight vs Lightweight is not a terrible matchup. The fact that Mendes couldn't hurt Conor with full power punches is testament to this. Maybe it was the 2 week notice, but Mendes' frame and 8" reach disadvantage was seriously favouring Conor. It's a miracle Mendes landed some shots at all. Shows what a real striker could do to Conor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back