Opinion Realistically speaking how much longer do you expect the US to be the most powerful nation?

What do you mean “why would they break it out”?

The FBI statistics I see, that are similar to the numbers you’re referencing, don’t include fatal violent crime. I don’t really know what it is you’re arguing.

If you think that I’m wrong, post your source, I don’t see them. Maybe I’m just missing them.
from wikipedia: "According to the FBI, index crime in the United States includes violent crime and property crime. Violent crime consists of five criminal offenses: murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, and gang violence; property crime consists of burglary, larceny, motor vehicle theft, and arson."

from wikipedia: "According to the FBI, index crime in the United States includes violent crime and property crime. Violent crime consists of five criminal offenses: murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, and gang violence; property crime consists of burglary, larceny, motor vehicle theft, and arson."

Yes, the statistics I see separate fatal and non-fatal violent crime.

dude. you're posting anecdotal crap. i had this same discussion with a poster a few months back. we looked at the fbi stats for violent crimes together. i don't recall the exact numbers. but what it boiled down to was something like 24% of all violent crimes for blacks and 17% for latinos. 60% for whites. Whites commit 2.5 times more violent crimes than blacks. but blacks get killed by police at a rate 2.5 times higher than whites. when it comes to non-violent crimes such as drugs, whites use ALL categories drugs at a higher RATE than blacks. The white community is festering with crime and depravity. but the police ignore all their shit....instead the police are all up in the black community.

Which brings us to your second point about police killing blacks. The fact is, police in america are racist. my grand daddy is in his 70's. he remembers oakland in the 60's. police were killing AT LEAST one unarmed black man a week in oakland back then. sometimes two or even three....PER WEEK! it was a fkin epidemic...and it still is. not to mention all the other cities in america where police were actively killing unarmed black men non-stop. we could go over all the names of unarmed black men killed by the police. of course, all a cop has to say in his report was he feared for his life and he can get away with it. but now we have cellphones....brothas see what's really going down. you think anybody wants to end up like fernando castille or walter scott or arbery or mcdonald? it's gettin to the point the cops need to stop their shit and take accountablity. but they never will. everytime a cop kills an unarmed black man, the "good" cops cover for the bad ones. the cops started this war against black men. but is far from over....in the long run the cops are gonna lose.

and i don't know wtf you talking abot blacks and asians. i have lived among blacks, asians, all nationalities. if some random black dude has an issue with an asian individual it's one thing. i don'te get along with some people i know. but white supremacists are targeting asians for elimination...and they know it too. they don't trust yall tryna scapegoat blacks. they know the game and they know thats what yall do all the time to blacks and other races because you wanna exploit the situtation and think you can get away with it.
Anecdotal?? Those videos are a dime a dozen. People that resist arrest or shoot at the cops have only to blame but themselves for their fate.

HOOOLLY crap.... and the rest of your post is some delusional nonsense. It'd take way to long to unpack and correct it.

But this will help keep you busy and making excuses for them:

Last edited:
dude. stop with this nonsense. they're tryna sell newspapers or advertising or what have you. tell you what. don't take my word for it. go to toronto. go to montreal or vancouver. i been them places. do the races live in harmony? for the most part, yes. there's also prejudice there too. but is nothing like american. in america is palpable. you have no idea what you're talking about until you actuall go and see a place and live there. i have folks been living there all their lives...they look at america like a cesspool that fked everything up. in canada they celebrate multiculturalism. they're the new and improved america.

dude. you're posting anecdotal crap.

He's got some serious woke issues.

Trade deficits are partly a reward for being a successful nation. Gov't debt isn't at levels where it's a problem. Where we really have a disadvantage is our low population relative to China's. That means that in terms of total market power, they're likely to pass us (though they have serious demographic problems of their own). We have other advantages and better relationships with other powerful countries. My guess is that we will remain the most powerful nation throughout the lifetime of everyone living, but the margin will continue to fall unless we can boost immigration numbers.
Incidentally, probably around the time you made this post, rumors have gone around stating that China is supposed to report a decrease in population for the first time since The Great Leap Forward.

Probably a combination of over reporting of birth rates - Authoritarian states nowadays do that - Russia has also done that and the fact that way more people died of COVID-19 than they reported, which we pretty much know they did.

Of course, Chinese statistics are unreliable on like 20 different metrics including many people who weren’t supposed to even be alive thanks to the One Child Policy, and local governments lying about their populations to get more government funding.

Back