Opinion Realistically speaking how much longer do you expect the US to be the most powerful nation?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The US has only been the most powerful nation for a little over a century, that's a small period of time when you look at the grand scheme of things and the US has been showing signs of collapse with political turmoil, trade deficits and national debt. Empires in China and India held power for far longer periods of time and China looks like it will soon surpass the US again.

Trade deficits are partly a reward for being a successful nation. Gov't debt isn't at levels where it's a problem. Where we really have a disadvantage is our low population relative to China's. That means that in terms of total market power, they're likely to pass us (though they have serious demographic problems of their own). We have other advantages and better relationships with other powerful countries. My guess is that we will remain the most powerful nation throughout the lifetime of everyone living, but the margin will continue to fall unless we can boost immigration numbers.

China will unequivocally run the world by 2075. No doubt about that.

Once the Arabs, Africans, and South Americans have completely shifted their natural recourse deals to the East, there's nothing anyone can do.

The US has only been the most powerful nation for a little over a century, that's a small period of time when you look at the grand scheme of things and the US has been showing signs of collapse with political turmoil, trade deficits and national debt. Empires in China and India held power for far longer periods of time and China looks like it will soon surpass the US again.

I say China takes over before the year is out.

Better start learning Mandarin, you capitalist Yankee pigs.

tenor.gif

Trade deficits are partly a reward for being a successful nation. Gov't debt isn't at levels where it's a problem. Where we really have a disadvantage is our low population relative to China's. That means that in terms of total market power, they're likely to pass us (though they have serious demographic problems of their own). We have other advantages and better relationships with other powerful countries. My guess is that we will remain the most powerful nation throughout the lifetime of everyone living, but the margin will continue to fall unless we can boost immigration numbers.
I'd say our lower population is an asset not a detriment, because if we had population size similar to China our quality of life would be lower. We would have less space and more pollution. Some areas of the US are already too crowded. Traffic congestion is a major nuisance.

China will unequivocally run the world by 2075. No doubt about that.

Once the Arabs, Africans, and South Americans have completely shifted their natural recourse deals to the East, there's nothing anyone can do.
They aren't innovating on par with the West. They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

What makes the US a superpower isn't just world leading defense technology and industry, it is also cultural exports, like music, television, movies and fashion trends. I can't see China ever competing with the US on this.

The country is going to break up. Idk how anyone who has moderately studied empire break ups, nations fracturing, secessions, and or even civil wars doesnt see how the US has all the major ingredients for dissolution.

Corrupt state at all levels (Federal, State level, muncipal, city).
Non homogenous idelogically, culturally and racially
Low trust society
Polarized
Major financial issues
Foreign infilitration and ownership
Parallel societies
Secessionist tendencies
Polar opposite political parties
Regonlization

Dozens of countries in past the 2 centuries broke up over less issues or with far less then the issues above.

So I give the US 15 years max.. be here to bump it when it happens

Last edited:
They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

And the US owes its rise partly to stealing land/resources and slave-labor, but hey, they allowed innovation and creativity (for some people) so all good.

They aren't innovating on par with the West. They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

What makes the US a superpower isn't just world leading defense technology and industry, it is also cultural exports, like music, television, movies and fashion trends. I can't see China ever competing with the US on this.
Our culture is woke trash now. Nobody likes it, and it’s being soundly ignored. America once was a cultural icon.

how do you think k pop and anime found such large markets?

Are trade deficits a reward or rather something that's easier to manage when you have enough wealth?

Lmao. The Chinese takeover of Hollywood has been long in the making. Look at all the blockbusters...all geared toward the Chinese audience. I mean Maverick had to get rid of his Taiwan patch...in ten years...let alone 50...the takeover will be complete.

Back