Realistically how many SUPER FIGHTS are there currently on the table?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones vs. Anderson
Jones vs. Cain
Aldo vs. Pettis..

anymore? Are these even considered super fights at all?

I'd like to see Rousey, Barao, and Cruz unify the titles.

Aldo vs Barao - never happen
Jones vs Anderson - ^^^
GSP vs Anderson - ^^^

That's it for now.

I'd like to see Rousey, Barao, and Cruz unify the titles.

That wouldn't be a fair fight, Cyborg should step up..oh that's not a fair fight either. Lose lose situation for Rousey Rowdy Ronda.

Aldo versus Pettis is the only superfight worth our breath discussing because the others won't happen.

Aldo/Pettis and Jones/Cain are the only ones that are remotely possible.

Aldo/Pettis and Jones/Cain are the only ones that are remotely possible.

I'm pretty sure ALdo vs. Pettis will happen. 1. Aldo and his team wants it. 2. Pettis wants it. 3. Dana wants it. 4. Fans want it.

Jones vs. Cain probably in another 2 years if they can both keep on winning.

I've seen some people say that in order for it to be considered a super fight both fighters have to be dominating champs in their respective divisions for a while. According to this criterion, then there are currently no super fights on the table.

But if you consider a super fight a fight between current champions, then Aldo x Pettis is the only one I could realistically see happening in the near future.

Aldo/Pettis is the only one I see realistically happening anytime soon.

Realistically, I think only Aldo/Pettis. Bones Vs. Anderson COULD happen if Anderson beats Weidman in the rematch, but I don't think Anderson is too interested in fighting THAT Jones.

Don't see Jones Vs. Cain happening any time soon. Mighty Mouse said he would be interested in super fights, but I don't see him Vs. Barao happening. Possibly something involving GSP as well, I remember him saying he has some plans.

That wouldn't be a fair fight, Cyborg should step up..oh that's not a fair fight either. Lose lose situation for Rousey Rowdy Ronda.

Cyborg vs Barao. She probably has the same test level = fair fight.

GSP/AS or GSP Pettis. Probably easier for GSP to make LW, not sure he can really make MW properly.

i would say warren vs hughes and gsp vs. dom cruz are the only two superfights out there right now

Schaub v Rickson is the only true super fight left then the circle closes

Barao vs Johnson is possible since johnson is from 135, jones vs cain/jds(super interesting what jones would do if this is a striking battle with jds), silva vs GSP(though it looks like silva would just clown and KO GSP), Pettis vs Aldo, Jones vs Overeem is interesting as well

shouldn't a super-fight be between 2 dominant champions?
Basically there aren't any on the table right now.

If Weidman defends against Anderson and then like one or two more fights and Jones is still champion, i'lll bet they'd do it.

Aldo vs Pettis isn't a superfight to me.

Have to agree with you....but would still love to see it.

Anderson vs Jones is really the only superfight worth talking about, and personally I don't care if Weidman is the current middle weight champion or not....just make this damn fight.

Back