Realistically, how does Connor beat Nate?

As long as Conor doesn't flag he's got this. He hits Nate more than Nate hits him, and he cuts Nate up bad as he does it.

It's all about the improvements in Conor's cardio.

He was hitting Nate with his best shots and still only landed 6 more strikes in the first round. Ramp his output down and Nate swarms him. Put less into the shots and Nate won't respect his punching power, and Nate swarms him. Keep doing what he was doing and he gasses out if Nate doesn't put him down first.

Except for Condit, do you see a common factor with the fighters you referenced?

If you're referring to wrestling you're right but it wasn't that relevent in all the fights

Thomson, Benson, Rory and Condit all were beating Nick or Nate before shooting for a takedown. Thomson KO'd him standing up, Benson outstruck him easily before wrestling, Rory threw Nate around in the third when he was already up 20-18 in a kickboxing match and Condit struck the whole fight

You sound bitter.
I'm not going to comment about his anymore. I don't want to defend a person I want to see lose. But if you want to live in fantasy land where Nate Diaz is unbeatable, go ahead.

I'm not ordering it anyway and I won't be on Sherdog. I will be going to bed and the winner will be an alert on my sports page. I think the fight is stupid. How many non-title fights will a reigning champion have? Time will tell.

If you're referring to wrestling you're right but it wasn't that relevent in all the fights

Thomson, Benson, Rory and Condit all were beating Nick or Nate before shooting for a takedown. Thomson KO'd him standing up, Benson outstruck him easily before wrestling, Rory threw Nate around in the third when he was already up 20-18 in a kickboxing match and Condit struck the whole fight

Lol you don't think the threat of the TD isn't there?

UFC could give Nate a couple millions to take a dive

I'm not going to comment about his anymore. I don't want to defend a person I want to see lose. But if you want to live in fantasy land where Nate Diaz is unbeatable, go ahead.

I'm not ordering it anyway and I won't be on Sherdog. I will be going to bed and the winner will be an alert on my sports page. I think the fight is stupid. How many non-title fights will a reigning champion have? Time will tell.

I'm not saying Nate is unbeatable, but I don't think CM has many ways to win, I think his chances are slim, a puncher's chance early in rounds 1-2 and that's it.

And we both know you're going to watch it .

I'm not saying Nate is unbeatable, but I don't think CM has many ways to win, I think his chances are slim, a puncher's chance early in rounds 1-2 and that's it.

And we both know you're going to watch it .
Don't lose sleep if Diaz loses. I will not. Just because I am a sherdogger doesn't mean I drink the kool-aid of the UFC. Fuck this fight.

He was hitting Nate with his best shots and still only landed 6 more strikes in the first round. Ramp his output down and Nate swarms him. Put less into the shots and Nate won't respect his punching power, and Nate swarms him. Keep doing what he was doing and he gasses out if Nate doesn't put him down first.

Again, since you lack the mental firepower to have comprehended it the first time ...

Lol you don't think the threat of the TD isn't there?

Thomson picked Nate apart the whole fight and Diaz was the one who was looking for and got the TD

Just because guys who out strike them can wrestle doesn't mean they got outstruck because of wrestling

Thomson picked Nate apart the whole fight and Diaz was the one who was looking for and got the TD

Just because guys who out strike them can wrestle doesn't mean they got outstruck because of wrestling

Ok

Again, since you lack the mental firepower to have comprehended it the first time ...

Cardio doesn't improve that fast. But you'd know that if it was about anyone else.

Conor dominated nate in the first and busted him up. he needs three rounds of that. He needs cardio. He's not afraid of nate on the ground. when fresh he reversed him beautifully.
That said, i can't see conor ko nate but should get the dec.

in order for irish jabroni beat nate he has to overcome the reach and height advantage he has over him.

front kicks won't do mostly because of nate's keeping his distance. those spinning capoera kicks?? forget them. mcG uses those to set up his distance. the only way isee irish jabroni beat nate is forcing a fight in the pocket and strike nate there but we know irish jabroni won't do that, i think he will fight loading his left hand but being conservative.

Targetting the right leg of Nate. The way Nate sits down on his punches means that he is not light on his front foot and hence makes it vulnerable. Dos Anjos employed this strategy but then again Conor does not possess devastating leg kicks like Dos Anjos and Barboza.

Last edited:
Back