Realistically, how does Connor beat Nate?

A

AusMMAfan

No doubt Connor is a great fighter but how exactly does he beat the bigger lankier Nate Diaz?

Reach Advantage: Nate Diaz
Cardio/Stamina: Nate Diaz
BJJ/Ground game: Nate Diaz
Stand up/boxing: Connor?

The only way I can see him winning is by standing up and boxing, landing heavy hits until Nate goes down or hoping for a 5 round war with a decision win.
conorko.gif

giphy.gif

8320345_watch-nate-diaz-hands-conor-mcgregor-his_edf8f086_m.gif

He spell checks the shit out of his Sherdog threads

crazy things happen in fights all the time. for all we know nate could currently be unable to do any cardio cos of a leg injury, but will show up to get paid anyway

To answer your question: He hit really hard in the face.

LOL since when has Nate Diaz become an unbeatable force. He is not GSP or Jon Jones. Diaz is 22-8 in the UFC and those losses weren't flukes.

He doesn't realistically beat Nate anywhere, fact.

Leg kicks, body shots, keep his head

Guys fall apart when they fight the Nate Diaz the moment they lose their composure. Nate is one of those rare fighters who actually plays mind games in the cage and it works. Once guys get irritated and try to take his head off, it just becomes a slaughter.

Every dude that's beaten Diaz has stayed on their game plan and outskilled him. When guys lose, it's usually because he lures them into fighting stupid.

Connor's talented enough to beat Diaz. I doubt he does though.

via poisoning him pre fight ala GSP and Nick

Other than that he's getting whipped and returning to the small men divisions

Target Nates liver as much as Nates head. Make him wonder if the left is going head or body. Surprise him with a good right.

I believe he neats him by not adding ice to his alcoholic beverage-like beatdown.

How does he neat Nate? By brushing his hair, his teeth, shaping those brows and getting him a manicure and pedicure.

Fights smart and stays on the outside for round or 2 using kicks and makes nate fight reckless like they tend to do if u dont engage.Then come inside quick land some hard shots and circle out and rinse and repeat

People act like conor gasses all the time. He went 3 rounds easily with Holloway. He just wasn't throwing haymakers every other punch in that fight.

ie Josh Thompson fight

have y'all just started watching this or something?

I really hope nate wins this again, but this will be a tough fight for Nate.

He has to target his eyes and eyebrows and try and stop it with cuts, I don't see how else he wins.

Nate is stellar at boxing and jiu-jitsu | he doesn't care about any other martial art (at least offensively).

imo any well-rounded and elite fighter can beat the Diaz bros. with a point-fighting game plan.

Circle, Circle, Leg Kick, Circle, Circle, Takedown.

Back