Realistically, Glover Is The Best 41 Year Old Fighting Today

You are talking to a long time Overeem fan. Yes, he is better than Arlovski but it's been over 3 years since he beat a legitimate top five fighter. Just like Arlovski, he changed his fighting style and can not take a shot from a legitimate contender. He has no chance of winning the belt and is just fighting for a good pay check. Both of those guys were great in their prime but Overeem never won the UFC belt. Since you are such an Overeem fan you should just enjoy his Reem Series and stop fantasizing about his current ability. Without PEDs, TRT and IV's, guys past 38 are at a definite disadvantage fighting younger guys and Overeem is no exception. He is way past his prime. Of all of them, Glover is the only one that still has a legitimate shot of winning the title and one of the reasons is that he can still take a beating and win.
I am not fantasizing about his current ability. It's actually you who's putting him down unreasonably just to prop up the thread you made. It's alright man, we can all still call Glover great whilst admitting to being wrong about Overeem.
Come now.

I am not fantasizing about his current ability. It's actually you who's putting him down unreasonably just to prop up the thread you made. It's alright man, we can all still call Glover great whilst admitting to being wrong about Overeem.
Come now.
Nah, you don't seem to get it. I don't need to put The Reem down and I'm not doing it. I'm just being real. I don't like to see him run around and fight ultra cautious. The fluke you mentioned ( Rosenstruik ) was getting soundly beat and you can say Alistair had a good strategy, but at the very end of the fight, he got caught with one clean shot and he crumbled. With 4 seconds to go, you can argue that it was a premature stoppage, as Alistair was not completely out ( like he was with Nnganou) but the fact is that Alistair's chin is gone. Curtis Blades took him out with elbows. Alistair had a nice run that ended 4 years a go with a stoppage of Arlovski. After that, he is 6-4, but he got stopped those 4 times. I don't want to see him become another Chuck Lidell. Arlovski has been more active and has had 10 fights in 3 years but lost only 1 by stoppage and is 5-4 and 1N/C. His chin is also gone, hence the comparison. Look what happened to Fedor and that still does not take away from his greatness. Very few fighters stop at their winning peak and just go on to take unnecessary beat downs from lesser quality opponents. GSP knew when to quit and so did Khabib . JBJ will get crushed as HW, and he all ready sensed that he was loosing his dominance as LH. The money fight for him is Adesanya al LH but Adesanya first has to win that strap.

If I was Dana, I would give Glover the title shot first and have Izzy challenge the winner and then have JBJ come back down to LH and fight Izzy, if Izzy has the strap.

Glover is his prime now, but it is his last run and decline can arrived very soon ! It is now or never for Glover

Back