Realistically, Glover Is The Best 41 Year Old Fighting Today

Bet slip or dubs.
<{ohyeah}>
If I showed you, my private bookie might have to kill you, but no, that's not how it works when you bet private. The bet is usually done over the phone based on credit and prior history and you do have to be in network. Obviously it has it's upside but it also has it's down side, especially when you loose and don't pay on time.

If I showed you, my private bookie might have to kill you, but no, that's not how it works when you bet private. The bet is usually done over the phone based on credit and prior history and you do have to be in network. Obviously it has it's upside but it also has it's down side, especially when you loose and don't pay on time.
Oh we have a badass on our hands with his little “network” do they kill you if you don’t pay up?

Great parlay and at the end of the day, how much in taxes are you going to pay on that, or do you declare yourself as a professional gambler and can write off your recorded losses on your tax return? Private betting always existed but when they started taxing tips in Vegas, public betting took a significant hit.

" It's not how hard you can hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep going forward " ! One of the biggest truths in fighting.
1526499905784.jpg

Glover seems unstoppable right now.
Glovers the man but lets be real, Thiago was coming off a long break and knee surgeries, while Texeira has been very active. Jan beats him.

Oh we have a badass on our hands with his little “network” do they kill you if you don’t pay up?
Have some time to kill so I am going over some of the posts. Normally, I would ignore you but let's play. How can I be the badass, when you are the Chosen one?

Have some time to kill so I am going over some of the posts. Normally, I would ignore you but let's play. How can I be the badass, when you are the Chosen one?
I’m better at betting on fights than you. Wanna bet?

Glover is one of those rare old guys who I think got a career resurgence because he started doing the right things inside of the cage rather than outside of it.

Glover is one of those rare old guys who I think got a career resurgence because he started doing the right things inside of the cage rather than outside of it.
Actually, it's both. He would be the first to tell you that he doesn't drink or do drugs and leads a very disciplined life inside and outside of the ring. Same regimen as Randy Couture, Dan Henderson and DC. Ultimately that's what made them all successful. There are others who have great talent but self destruct outside of the octagon.

Actually, it's both. He would be the first to tell you that he doesn't drink or do drugs and leads a very disciplined life inside and outside of the ring. Same regimen as Randy Couture, Dan Henderson and DC. Ultimately that's what made them all successful. There are others who have great talent but self destruct outside of the octagon.
the ‘right things’ outside the octagon I was talking about are PEDs but I don’t think that’s the case with Glover, I think he’s been a lot smarter in how he’s fought recently and that’s the main contributor.
I agree with the above too though, I definitely think he’s been quite disciplined.

the ‘right things’ outside the octagon I was talking about are PEDs but I don’t think that’s the case with Glover, I think he’s been a lot smarter in how he’s fought recently and that’s the main contributor.
I agree with the above too though, I definitely think he’s been quite disciplined.
Before UFC got USADA involved, PEDS were pretty much an even playing field, it was just a matter of what and how much. The exception was TRT, which was allowed for some ( for medical reasons ) even after USADA and then, that too got completely banned, just like IV's ( used after weight cutting ). That's why you see less and less older guys ( past 38) able to hang in there with younger guys. Having said that, the gains from PEDS vary with individual, even when it's an even playing field. When Lance Armstrong admitted to using EPO, there were at least 30 other cyclists that were doing it, but never got caught and never admitted using it. However Lance's natural system was best able to enhance it.
If you look at weight cutting, which is used and allowed, certain individuals have an unfair advantage under the current 24 hour system, as their metabolism is better suited for recovery and they got it down to a science, so by fighting day, their real weight can be 15 to 20 pounds more than their opponent. Case in point: Tito Ortiz, who was the best at cutting and getting that advantage.

So who are the other 41 year olds he's competiting with?

he's gotten better with time. and his chin is insane.

Back