Realistically, 2003-2008 Fedor is a better fighter than Jones

Fedor's rare combination of speed, power and accuracy would be too mch for Jones. Fedor by first round TKO.

Kids, you do realize that over 50% of Jon Jones fights were against cans right?

You do realize GSP and Silva lost to cans?

You do realize Fedor is the HW with the most top wins only after Nogueira?

I really hope you do.

No. Lindland was HW. Only 12 pounds separated them and that was Fedor's excess belly fat. They were both 6 feet tall and had 74 inch reach. Jones towered above Cormier with a 12 inch reach advantage. Fedor finished the olympic silver medalist in spectacular fashion after beating him at his own game. Jones couldn't finish the olympic failure that is Cormier.

lindland was a mw who had a huge belly at that fight. mw henderson tkod fedor. Moreover, 80 % of fedors wins were against cans.

I'll wait till Jones hits his prime in about 2 yrs to determine which is the better fighter. He's still evolving, he shows something new every fight. Comparing old school fighters to today's is difficult in re: who's the better fighter.

I do give mad props to the Emperor for success as an undersized HW. Jones hasn't shown anything to top that aspect.

lindland was a mw who had a huge belly at that fight. mw henderson tkod fedor. Moreover, 80 % of fedors wins were against cans.

look at that huge belly on Lindland!
8201.jpg

Hendo never fought prime Fedor and when he did fight a past prime Fedor he cheated with TRT and illegal strikes to the back of the head, rendering his "win" meaningless. Fedor never lost a round in his prime. Jones lost many and arguably a fight against Gus. Let's see how Jones' twillight career pans out before you bring up Fedor's. Every athlete goes downhill at some point.

lindland was a mw who had a huge belly at that fight. mw henderson tkod fedor, nuff said

MW is making 185 lbs on the scale the night before.

Try not exposing your lack of knowledge here.

Next.

I'll wait till Jones hits his prime in about 2 yrs to determine which is the better fighter. He's still evolving, he shows something new every fight. Comparing old school fighters to today's is difficult in re: who's the better fighter.

I do give mad props to the Emperor for success as an undersized HW. Jones hasn't shown anything to top that aspect.

Well said.

To be honest, the most interesting thing about Jones is that he isn't even close to done evolving, every time we see him he really does look like he has improved, even in close fights like with Gus - he shows even abstract qualities like the ability to grind out championship rounds.

And ya, Fedor really should get more props for beign so heavily undersized. Go watch the Henderson fight and you'll see how close they were in size, and to think Henderson fought at MW. It's crazy.

both guys deserve their props, but comparison's are harder than you think- it's very hard to say who would win.

At ping pong?

No dude. We get it. You love Fedor. I like him a hell of a lot more than Jones, who I hate pretty fucking potently. Jones would fuck him at 225. He would elbow him into unconsciousness.

I'm out.

I'll be back to educate the kids later.

Cheers.

One armbar attempt that failed, whereas Jones shrugged the rest of his submission attempts off. Jones would dump Fedor on his ass and turn his face into hamburger meat.

And lol @ Cro Cop. The same Cro Cop that got knocked out by a wrestler.

Fedor lost to arona but was gifted a win because of ring rules. Henderson beat him. Jones>Cormier>Bigfoot>Fedor

MW is making 185 lbs on the scale the night before.

Try not exposing your lack of knowledge here.

Next.

So then jones is also fighting only lhw's and is a lhw himself unlike some claim

Fedor is a god and would beat anybody, case closed. He is like putin, he can control even animals. Im out

Fedor lost to arona but was gifted a win because of ring rules. Henderson beat him. Jones>Cormier>Bigfoot>Fedor

younger Fedor>Arlovski>Bigfoot

Prime Jones was taken away in an ambulance after Gus fight. Prime Fedor never even lost a round.

No. Lindland was HW. Only 12 pounds separated them and that was Fedor's excess belly fat. They were both 6 feet tall and had 74 inch reach. Jones towered above Cormier with a 12 inch reach advantage. Fedor finished the olympic silver medalist in spectacular fashion after beating him at his own game. Jones couldn't finish the olympic failure that is Cormier.

wow, now cormier is just some olympic failure. seriously, how pathetic are some of you to trivialize fighters to build up your heros? fedor was a judo dropout. doesn't change that he's one of the goat mma fighters. cormier > lindland in mma, and probably wrestling.

Fedor beat an olympic silver medalist wrestler at his own game (and finished him). Jones can't even finish a 4th place olympian.

Prime Fedor would've ripped Jones' arm off in the same position as Vitor.

Fact is Fedor didn't even lose a round during his prime. Jones has lost many rounds and arguably a fight against Gus. To make matters worse, he's bigger than Fedor, yet fighting smaller guys.

Why the thread kept going after this post I dont know.

Why the thread kept going after this post I dont know.

Because it's fucking stupid.

Coleman was an incredibly one-dimensional fighter, while Cormier is multi-dimensional.

Prime Fedor would've been busted up before he even had the chance to throw up an armbar.

Losing rounds doesn't mean much at all. Jones has better wins than Fedor and his 'loss' is much less legitimate than Fedor's.

This is hilarious.

Fedor's didn't have good defensive wrestling and he's received more damage than Jones.

Rocked badly by CroCop, rocked badly against Fujita, cut open in the opening minute against Lindland, tossed like a child by Randleman, mounted by Mark fucking Hunt, back taken against Coleman....

It's like you Fedor fanatics haven't even watched him fight. Just another blatant example of herd mentality on Sherdog.

Back