Realistic movies

MV5BNTQwNjI3MDk1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTg5NTg5._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTU5MjMzMDczN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTY3NzI5._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTg0NzIzMTAyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzU1MTY5._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTU5MDgwMTQ5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDg3NjUyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BMzM2OTYwMTY4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjU1Njg3OA@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

This is the only time I can recall jumping in a theatre because of a gun shot like you would if you unexpectedly heard a gun fired in actuality. Guns are really loud and can damage your hearing at close range.

That scene is not only realistic for the gun sound, but for the tactics as well.

Tom waited to make his move until the perp was expecting movement. Then he double taps the other dude too. Props to the director On how a real shootout would go down between a trained shooter and an untrained one.

What do you consider realistic? Improbable situations, coincidences and out-of-character behaviour often happen in real life. I don't know if I'd want to watch a realistic action movie... the hero breaks his hand in the first punch of the first fight and can't do shit for the next 2 hours.

Internal consistency > realism.

That said, Unforgiven is probably close to what it was really like in the Old West.

I think Appalloosa fits the bill in that respect, as well.

Before Sunrise is pretty realistic.
Not even any background music.

Dogville, District 9, The beach. The road.

All of these in the sense of the human behavior and how we respond to certain circumstances.

Back