Realistic movies

Blue is the Warmest Colour.

Being married to a well-to-do contemporary artist (and having lived with her for 10 years prior to marriage), I can say that the depiction of a romance with an artist in that movie is unrealistic.

Being married to a well-to-do contemporary artist (and having lived with her for 10 years prior to marriage), I can say that the depiction of a romance with an artist in that movie is unrealistic.

I'm sure different artists can have different personalities, what impressed me about the film was the way people spoke to each other, the social scenes, some scenes were almost dripping with anxiety. Just people's reactions to each other generally rang true to me.

Are there any movies that are completely realistic?

Most realistic movie?
If you want to see some movies that really benefit from a super-strong "illusion of reality," you can probably check out "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." Some of the characters are over the top, but Nurse Ratched will basically perfectly trick your brain into thinking she's a real person, and a real scummy person at that.

Is it even possible to make an entertaining movie that is somewhat realistic?
Definitely. The best filmmakers know how to set-up a believable situation that also has entertaining things happen. Realism though, is just a tool to make the movie more effective. It's more important that your brain [/i]believe[/i] it's real than that it's actually real. Meaning that your own prejudices and assumptions are important. I did one of my introductory videos to my youtube channel on this topic.

Bully:
-High school kids are dumb as shit
-Certain groups of High school kids do lots of drugs and have lots of sex, especially the ones who are dumb as shit
-Killing someone is physically and mentally a lot harder than it looks in most movies

I thought the last Bourne movie was pretty realistic. It had parts that weren't, but for the most part it was. Like that chase scene in the train terminal...that was great, and I don't see any reason a well trained guy couldn't do that.

Midnight In Paris

I would say that Drive is pretty realistic, nothing in that movie was that far over the top to where a really good driver couldn't handle doing that kind of stuff.

-city of god
-children of men
-not movies but the wire and homicide life on the street.
-no country for old men.

This is the only time I can recall jumping in a theatre because of a gun shot like you would if you unexpectedly heard a gun fired in actuality. Guns are really loud and can damage your hearing at close range.

From Hell, the movie about Jack the Ripper, had some accurate parts. The DVD extras had photo comparisons of the real crimes scenes and the crime scenes in the movie and they were extremely close.

Heat and Collateral had good technical shooting, IMO.

Zodiac is fairly realistic as well.

What do you consider realistic? Improbable situations, coincidences and out-of-character behaviour often happen in real life. I don't know if I'd want to watch a realistic action movie... the hero breaks his hand in the first punch of the first fight and can't do shit for the next 2 hours.

Internal consistency > realism.

That said, Unforgiven is probably close to what it was really like in the Old West.

Back